Thread: Years From Now... A SW RP in the Future

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

Star Wars Years From Now... A SW RP in the Future

This is an idea that LD were discussing recently, and certainly not one that is new to SWFans - the 'what if...' scenario. These kinds of threads are usually set 20 or so years into the 'future' of our present timeline and give RPers the chance to speculate on where their characters might be years from now.

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in this kind of thread, and if so do you have any ideas for what state the Galaxy might be in, 20 years from 'now'?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I'd be interested

As for ideas ... um ... some I can't say

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Can't say? Fess up!

:mneh

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Erin
    Raz will be OLD! LOL, sounds fun.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Salem will, of course, rule the entire galaxy by then

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I'm game

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Andrew
    Just a thought - perhaps by then the Rebel Alliance has established itself in enough systems and with enough solidarity that the Empire must grudgingly recognize it (even if unofficially) as a separate, sovereign nation. The Civil War has slowed to a crawl as neither side can sustain the expenditure of ships and personnel; both the Empire and the Alliance watch their borders uneasily and wage a cold war in hopes of having the upper hand when the inevitable conflict resumes.

Within the Alliance, there is a sharp philosophical division among the leaders. Some believe that the Alliance needs to take advantage of the ceasefire to focus inward, to build up their government, infrastructure, policy, and diplomatic channels, to become a fully functioning Republic that could conceivably co-exist with the Empire as a competing political and economic powerhouse, reasoning that the Empire will be less likely to attack a sovereign nation that can fight with money and public opinion as well as guns. Others believe that the Civil War is far from over, that the Empire is only biding its time before launching a final assault, and that the Alliance's victory cannot be complete until the Empire has totally fallen. So, appeasing politicians on one side, paranoid war-mongerers on the other.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    That sounds like an excellent premise for the beginning of the thread, Solomon

A situation like that could have an interesting affect on the Jedi and Sith too. With the 'Republic' stronger, the Jedi might have less to fear and may have become more common. Perhaps the Empire is forced to forge new alliances with large numbers of Sith, in an attempt to gain some kind of upperhand on the Alliance? Who knows.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Andrew
    Another thing I just thought of. When I think "cold war," I think "nuclear weapons." Nukes are obviously small arms in Star Wars terms, so let's go one bigger - planetkillers.

Both the Empire and the Alliance have developed a new type of warhead capable of leveling an entire planet - infrastructure, ecosystems, even underground structures completely gone, leaving a big ball of cinders. There may be various problems limiting the deployment of these weapons; maybe it has limited stability or is extremely dangerous to transport, but ISBMs aren't that far off. Making a full-scale galactic conflict a very unappealing thought.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I liked my zombie idea.

Maybe an imperial lab on Coruscant exploded releasing a virus that quickly turns the sector or entire planet into zombie land. And the Imperials grudgingly ask for Jedi help in halting the plague!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    That could happen too. I suppose it would alert the Republic/Alliance to the fact that the Empire are developing more advanced biological weaponry.

Y'roth Helghast
    Hmmm, interesting...

I could definitely see some very twisty future possibilities for all of my characters. But I'd have to talk it over with the others involved with my characters beforehand, I'm sure.

And the INQ would have to be wiped out before we ask for the help from a bunch of sleezy Jedi. Pfft, zombies... Bring it.

But as for my characters, I already know...

Nyloh Heat is dead. That's an easy one; maybe died in some battle or something after returning to Onderon. Kerrigaise is dead too, and that isn't a surprise either for a Nightsister 20 years later, really.

I'll have to think about the others... Thanks for the extra tidbit to brainstorm on guys. Who doesn't always need more things to rp about?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well maybe the zombie/virus plague happens on an Alliance world

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Solomon View Post
    Another thing I just thought of. When I think "cold war," I think "nuclear weapons." Nukes are obviously small arms in Star Wars terms, so let's go one bigger - planetkillers.

Both the Empire and the Alliance have developed a new type of warhead capable of leveling an entire planet - infrastructure, ecosystems, even underground structures completely gone, leaving a big ball of cinders. There may be various problems limiting the deployment of these weapons; maybe it has limited stability or is extremely dangerous to transport, but ISBMs aren't that far off. Making a full-scale galactic conflict a very unappealing thought.
    "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Planetkiller"

This is really starting to sound interesting; I love the Cold War angle.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I am aiming to put this thread up sometime later today.

Everyone will be welcome to join

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    Oooh! Sounds like fun. I really like the Zombie idea. It'd be fun to kill zombies with lightsabres and "modern" SW weaponry.

I'm not sure how many of my characters would still be around in the future. Kyle Krogen is currently in INQ custody, so I have no idea where he would be several years from now. Dead? Released? Brainwashed? Still in prison? I don't know. Zereth would likely still be alive and free. He's one of those types that are so difficult to kill. In a large jump in time he'd be a much more powerful sith, possibly a master, and who knows what else. He'd likely still be with the Sith mage group still. A few of my other more major characters would likely still be around.

Yeah, so I'm up for this all the way, whether we do "nukes" or zombiez, or something else entirely.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    We can have nukes and zombies. It's all good. We can have both the Jedi butt-kicking and Empire/Alliance politics running side by side.

I haven't done the post yet, but here are three characters who will probably feature:

Dasquian Belargic - Chief of State for the Galactic Alliance
    Grace Van-Derveld - Director of Intelligence for the Galactic Alliance
    Bryna Belargic - Padawan of the Jedi Enclave

Basically, I think things will kick off with Grace receiving reports of the virus break-out which will then be passed onto Bryna to take back to the Enclave. Meanwhile, Dasquian and Grace are free to bicker about superweapons and planetkillers.
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Jun 2nd, 2007 at 04:16:27 PM.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    ^_^ I likes as I told you in AIM

Lianna I figured would be part of the New Jedi Council since they would be established.

Miranda - Not sure what to do with her yet honestly

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Serena would be a Jedi Master...

LD is a little trickier. Would depend on what Salem Ave is up to I imagine.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Daria would be a Jedi Master too, I guess.

Vega is probably dead. Either that or has worked his way through the ranks of the Empire and is still trying to destroy Grace

Salem... I don't know. I kind of need to know what the Empire is up to first.

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast