Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cinder Step

Tess Abrahams
    "...is that what the Brotherhood is all about?" Tess had Googled the name but had only come up with a mens church club that met downtown every second Friday. Definetely not the right crowd.

Her mind was made up before Tron answered. It had probably been made up at the riot. "Making sure mutants get what they deserve?"

The Brotherhood
    "More than that."

There was a gleam in his eyes as he leaned forward again.

"We're gonna ensure the destiny of the whole mutant race. We'll be making history."

Tess Abrahams
    She paused and in that pause heard a million small wisdoms that the elder Abrahams had passed on to their children, like choice morsels at a banquet. Don't be afraid to stand up to something wrong. Always choose your battles. A smart person always knows the reason why they fight, even if they have no cause. Don't trouble trouble 'til trouble troubles you.

The last had come from her father, a mild man with a soft voice and unbendable morals. He had often repeated the adage, until it had become rote to his children, something they would finish for him with rolling eyes and dragging voices.

Only this time trouble (was this trouble?) really had found her. Tess nodded once, then again. "... Can I help?"

The Brotherhood
    Tron smiled winningly.

"Yeah," he said. "Yeah, I think you can. And if you're interested - I mean, really interested, I can pass the word on to Saladin. Maybe arrange a meeting for you at our safehouse. We'll keep in touch."

He paused a moment and glanced around just to make sure Geryon wasn't hanging around and eavesdropping.

"And if you want to do some research in the meantime... try looking up the name 'Hektor Vespasian' in the school records. 'Hektor' with a K, 'Vespasian' like the Roman emperor. I think you'll find something very interesting."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12