Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Very Long Night (WoD)

Brigid Cassidy

Closed Roleplay [WoD] A Very Long Night (WoD)

:: Brigid sat at the bar, enjoying a drink and one last song from the band on stage. It was almost midnight. Another long patrol awaited ::
    Last edited by Brigid Cassidy; May 15th, 2007 at 07:25:38 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

What a fine looking bitch.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Esoterica finished their last song to a thunderous applause inside the Underground Lounge. The drummer hopped over the stage and bowed with a flourish before tossing his drumsticks into the crowd. He was full of energy and goof. The bassist ficked his pick and guitarist, much to the amusement of the crowd, broke into 'Sweet Home Chicago'. The keyboardist powered down her gear, as the lead singer smiled briefly and uttered a 'Thank you' into the mic. All though petite in stature, her chocolate eyes betrayed a strength that shouldn't be trifled with. She picked up her leather jacket before walking off stage amidst the cheers and whistles and encores. Soon the rest of the band followed suit.

"Yo Nara!" Kevin was enthusiastic as always. "That was a kickin' set. Glad Chicago remembered us a bit, eh?"

"Yes," she agreed, "The crowd was good tonight."

Ethan slipped off his Fender and locked it up in its case. "Want me to get the usual round and meet up by the pool table? Vicki got it reserved for us."

"Sweet!" Kevin played the equipment trunks like the bongos before slipping his arm around Nara's neck. "Did ya see any Cousins or Family tonight?"

She cleared her throat and pushed his arm off her shoulder. "Not that I could tell, but that might change once we start mingling. Still, it's only our first night here. I sent word to Claudia when we arrived, but I think she's tied up at the book store doing inventory."

Also known as doing a ritual at the Fanum, the huge arcane library found in Chicago. Claudia was one of the Children of Gaia's elders. Nara needed to check in with her and relay the tidbits of news that she had picked up throughout her stint in the Midwest. And it would be nice to see some of her Sisters again. Hopefully Monica and the rest of the Furies would show their faces sometime this week.The last time the Band was in Chicago was just a little over six months ago. It's been too long.

"Ah, so we got the night off then?"

"Yes." She nodded. "At least for now."

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid settled her tab and stretched. The band was smokin, especially the lead singer. She wondered if they were just passing through as she made her way to the door ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Nara decided to accompany Ethan to the bar. He was going to need help carrying everything and the rest of her crew were still helping to break down the set.

It was a bit of an adventure amidst the crowd. Some where polite and shouting 'Awesome set', 'You guys rock' and the like. Others were a bit more hounding of her time and were following her to the bar. It was a blessing and a curse, the talents of a Gallaird. Sometimes her music moved people to the point of infatuation. Thankfully Ethan did some defensive blocking and started to answer questions, leaving Nara alone to get the drinks.

She slid between a woman starting to leave and big guy chatting with his girlfriend. The bartender smiled and leaned over so he didn't have to shout too much over the music. "What'cha need Nara?"

"Two pitchers of your best and a round of Jack."

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid eyed the other woman curiously, just as she was groped from behind by a large biker ::

"Wanna a ride on my hog, sweetcheeks?" he grinned.

:: Her reprisal was swift, catching the offending hand and twisting it with an audible pop. His buddies laughed uproariously as she maintained the hold to bring him to his knees ::

"Touch me with this paw again and I'll snap it off. You got it?"

:: The biker tried to cowboy up and stand, but Brigid applied more leverage and leaned in ::

"You got it?"

:: He squawked an agonized yes, but she wasn't satisfied ::

"Good boy. Say yes again."

::She gave a crooked grin as she twisted again, causing him to bellow the word for all to hear. He fell back cursing as she let him go, and a small round of applause was mixed with laughter. Brigid turned to the bar again, and her eyes met Nara's ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"Touch me with this paw again and I'll snap it off. You got it?

That got her attention. Nara turned to see what the fuss was about and saw, to her amusement, a small framed girl taking down a big biker guy. Someone picked on the wrong Chiquita. Still, the betrayed a strength that wasn't her size. Much like Nara herself ...

Upon further investigation, the girl's dress and attitude reminded her of a Fury but a quick whiff revealed nothing. But something was off about her. She wasn't human.

"Good boy. Say yes again."

Her heightened senses told the Garou that she was touched by magic, but not a magic she has been around before. In her short years, she traveled a lot and met quite a few Mages and Changlings, but her scent was different.

She joined the crowd with applause and as their eyes met, Nara smiled earnestly. Something that has happened on only a rare occasion, the last time being months ago when she saw Penny in California. "I enjoyed your technique. I might have to try that with Kevin."

The Garou threw a thumb over her shoulder to where her drummer was playing pool with Paul, the bassist. "He has this need to throw limbs on me and hasn't learned to stop it yet."

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid followed the thumb and chuckled before extending the hand of friendship ::

"You guys new in town?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"Nah." She waved away that thought. "Were here awhile back for a gig, but not for long."

And then she shook the girl's hand. "Name's Nara."

Brigid Cassidy
    "Brigid Cassidy." she replied, deciding to stay a bit longer after all.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"Nice to ... Oof!" Nara stumbled forward, almost knocking into Brigid. A fan had bumped into her accidentally. It was getting a bit crowded in the area.

"Heeeeeey!" The guy's breath smelled of booze. "You were AWESOME!!! Are you gonna be playin' here tommorra too?" He smooshed his way between the two women and sat at the bar. "Because I love ta hear you guys play again."

Nara's right eye twitched before she closed them to calm herself. Where the hell was Ethan?

"Thank you. And yes." She opened her eyes and looked for her kin. "We'll be here tomorrow."

"Really?! I ..."

The bartender saved the day. "Here's your order Nara." He set down two trays and still Ethan was no where in sight.

"Hey! Want me to help?" Nara didn't even have a chance to say no as the fan hopped off the stool and started to reach for one of the trays. Nara slammed a hand over his and forced him to sit back down. She didn't hurt the man at all, he was just a bit drunk and stupid. But the message was clear to stop it before he continued to make a fool of himself. "Brigid's got it."

The guy calmed down, even though his haze. Nara's presence seemed to soothe him and thought his drink was far more interesting now.

She looked over at the girl with a half smirk. "Right?"

And with the privacy of the pool room, the two of them could talk and maybe Nara could find out exactly what Brigid was.
    Last edited by Nara McKenna; May 11th, 2007 at 12:44:13 PM.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid took up the tray with a wink and followed Nara. The creatures of the night could wait. Here was a chance to hustle pool ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Nara grabbed the other tray with a smirk and led Brigid into the back room where the rest of the band were, save Ethan. Poor guy really must be getting manhandled by the crowd out there.

"Hey guys."

Everyone nodded, waved and what not. And in usual fashion, Kevin perked up at the new person. He was already checking her out. Paul had a look as if asking if she was Family.

"So who's this?" Vicki asked the question while chalking up her pool stick. It looked like her and Kevin were in the middle of a game.

"This is Brigid." She set the drinks down and pour everyone a glass of beer. "She was kind enough to help out since Ethan bailed on me."

Kevin had this look of like, 'Uh huh'. "So, Brigid?" He had his charming voice on now and Nara felt like telling him about the Biker dude that got his wrist sprained but decided against it. She wanted to see him fall. "I'm Kevin, and this is Paul and his sister Vicki.'

He cocked his head to the side and looked between her and Nara. "Soooo ...?"

Nara took one of the shot glasses off of Brigid's tray and downed it. "No."

To answer the question if she were a Garou or Kin.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid returned the greetings in kind, taking a quick and casual notice of the talisman that Vicki wore and the rune tattoo below Kevin's ear ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"Ah okay. Well, she can watch how I decimate Vicki!"

Nara sat down with her beer and chuckled. "You're still trying to dig yourself outta debt?"

Kevin rolled his eyes. "Thanks for the support."

"Not her fault you can't play." Ethan strolled in and laughed. "I mean you're only lucky cuz ... " He stopped himself once he saw they had company. "Hey there."

He looked at Nara like what the hell? She just shrugged it off. "No worries. She's all right."

He didn't look entirely convinced and Nara didn't mention any of the key words to tip him off. "You sure."

The Garou took a side long glance at Brigid and shrugged. "Yeah."

And then she touched his mind. Mostly. She isn't Garou. But she isn't human either.

Vamp?

No. Mage of some sort more then likely.

Don't tell Kevin, cuz if that is true, he'll ask her to do tricks.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid took off her jacket and took a seat on a nearby stool, watching as they set up the first game ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The game was evenly matched. For all of Kevin's bravado, he really did know how to play.

Nara pulled over a chair to rest her feet on as the two went back and forth. She was trying to feel Brigid out and looking for a good in to talk about their mutual Supernatural habits.

After about ten minutes, it looked like Kevin was going to win. All he had to do was sink the 9 and then 8 ball. But he got cocky and bounced the 9 off the side and knocked the 8 into the pocket.

"Nononononononono NO! Damn it!!!!" He fell to his knees and dropped his stick. "I'm cursed!!!"

"Well, yeah." Ethan quipped. It looked like he wanted to say something more but held his tongue. "I guess that means next rounds on you. Unless Vic has another idea?"

"Nah. Drinks are good. And so is dinner tomorrow."

Kevin perked up. Paul looked at his Sister as if she had gone nuts. "Really???"

"It's not a date."

His wide eyed grin full of hope cracked and fell into a pout. "Then what is it?"

"Dinner for the Band of course."

"Bah!"

Brigid Cassidy
    :: It wasn't long before Brigid was lured into a game. Thus began the hustle. Kevin was the proverbial peacock, just waiting to be plucked ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"So anything you wanna play or just a regular game?" Kevin was tossing the cue ball up and down in the air while enjoying the view that was Brigid.

Nara was enjoying it too, except she was trying to figure the girl out as well.

"And I promise I won't go hard on ya."

"Just like that last game, right?"

"Shut it E!"

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid played her part with the skill of centuries behind her as she slowly reeled Kevin in for the kill. The rematch was set, and the stakes were a round of drinks ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Kevin leaned over his stick with a stupid looking grin on his face. "Ladies first."

Nara snorted and felt some of the fizzle of beer reached into her nostrils. Something that is overly sensitive for the nose of a Garou. She coughed as she stood up.

"You okay?" asked Paul.

"Yeah," she said between hacks. "I'll be right back."

She got up and went to get some napkins from the bar.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast