Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sith Order

Blade Bacquin
    Well If Aria desides to stay in I go where she goes.

so as it stands there is a possibility of five.

However Me and Aria are not a sure thing we have to see the final storyline Idea first before we can be casted as sure thing. The reason has to do with IC Ideals of both blade and aria not an OOC reason.
    Last edited by Blade Bacquin; Apr 8th, 2007 at 10:56:07 AM.

Setzer Dayne
    Well here's the character who I'd like to get into this. (I posted as Dusk beforehand) Seems like everyone else interested so far already has links with the Sith, so I'm having trouble thinking up how to get Setzer involved with it. Perhaps a chancy aquisition of a holocron or something? Then the others could show him what's going on with it and such? I don't know really. Any help? Lol.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Holocrons are not something that we allow, generally, as an individual tool. They are simply too rare and valuable for individual characters to find them laying around.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    As Blade said, I am waiting on hearing what the consensus is. Option 1 is more doable with Aria and it seems Vega would be interested as well. So we would have 3 high ranking Sithies to help with training etc... The other options are just not conducive to Aria's IC personality

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    If we do come together, it would be cool to have a galaxy-wide event be the catalyst for it... more thoughts on that from me later.

Blade Bacquin
    Blade and Vega meet agian? Oh crap not again. lol

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I was going to say it's a totally different Vega, but in many ways his personality is very much like TSE-era Vega... lucky Blade

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    ANYWAY, what does everyone else think about Option #1?

Dale, Blade... I am just looking for an excuse to do something like The Church of the Unspoken again. I enjoyed that too much

Setzer Dayne
    Option 1 looks good to me. If I'm honest I'm up for anything really lol. It'll be good to see what Bloodcrest has thought up too

Blade Bacquin
    Well I like option 1. lol

Still got to wait and see what Blood crest Idea is. Then we can go from there.

So far the sith that have posted some intrest in a new sith group is as follows.

Aria Sihin - Sith Master
    Blade Ice - Sith lord
    Vega Van-Derveld - Sith knight (on the verge of being a lord)
    Zereth Lancer - Sith Knight
    Ramoth Ocran - Sith Apprentice
    Setzer Dayne - Sith Apprentice (when he starts up.)

(this is just a list to keep track of who has all expressed interest. If I have your name or rank wrong Just list it and I will add it. If I missed your name in list also do the same and I will add it.)

Also I am currently working my mind around option one to see if I can come with a more difintive Idea for this option so it isn't as Vague as the one I posted. If you have some suggestions or Ideas you can PM them to me.

One thing I would like to know no matter what type of group comes out of this is what type of ranking system is more prefered.

3 tier (example is below)
    Apprentice - Knight - Master

4 tier (example is below)
    Apprentice - Knight - Lord - Master

5 tier (example is below)
    Apprentice - Warrior - Knight - Lord -Master

18 tier (eample is below)
    I am weak - a little stronger - Apprentice - I made it to Level 2 -Are we there yet -Warrior - I can't beleave it Level 3 - Taste like chicken - Knight - Level 4 - I can finally train people? - Lord - I finally made it to Level 5 - I can't believe i'm still alive - Master - I'm almost a god - Godmoding but I am a god - Uberness (this is my attempt at a joke I know it sucks but please pretend it was funny so not to hurt my feelings. lol)

Setzer Dayne
    Just a thought here. Does the new group have to be strictly Sith? Seeing as TSO has collapsed, perhaps the characters that were linked with it will feel kind of resentful, and so maybe will want to seperate themselves from TSO completely, perhaps with a new name for the group, as opposed to something like "The New Sith Order". I guess what I'm trying to say is will the new group be a ressurection of the Sith, or a group that uses the old teachings to spawn their own new and unique group that doesn't come under the title of "Sith"?

Blade Bacquin
    My guess is what ever group is formed they will base there teachings off of the Sith. As for the group name well it is still a little early to tell. If I ahd to guess though at least if option one is in place the group name will not involve Sith in the title. Main reason if we go around claiming to be the church of the sith (or whatever) It will raise to many alarm bells in the empires heads and we don't want that kind of attention. We want to be able to creep up on them (sneaky sneaky Like) before they know it we so own them. lol

If your talking about the ranking terms like aprrentice, knight and lord, and master. I just used those as an example there titles may change even it hard to say. However the base ideals of the sith will still stay intact or should. However the sith Ideals can be interpeted many different ways so yeah.

(Great example of what I am talking about is The KA. They are a froce using group primarily but they don't go out of there way to let every one know they are Dark Jedi or Sith. They hide what they are from the mass Public IC so not to draw Unwanted attention.)

All and all though underneath it all the New group will be sith weather they call themselves that..

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    Zereth is, technically, a sith lord. The current TSO ranking system has only four tiers, which are Acolyte, Apprentice, Knight, and Master. No Lord rank within the group, but as a sith in general he would be of Lord ranking. He would be, most likely, on an equal level to Vega. Although I am unsure, because I do not know what the full extent of Vega's powers are. Rankings can be both political and power based. A good boy can be promoted up to a rank, but power-wise he may be something completely different. *Shrug*

Yes. We would need a new name for this group. Something that completely seperates us from TSO. We don't even have to use the name "Sith" within the name of our group. If we want to be zealots, then I like the idea of having a "churchy" name. Church of the Sith, just makes me giggle. The only name that comes to mind is the name of a darkside group on another board. No plagarism for me, please. I'm full already. We could always use a few cliche darksider group words, like Conclave, Cabal, and Covenant. Just a thought. But right now I don't think a name is important. I believe we need to work out the ground work and foundation of this new group before we go into anything deeper. Such as theology and perspectives. Will this group be pure sith teaching? The whole "Destroy all life, become all powerful, and then rot away" outlook? Personally, I think we need a newer, fresher outlook then the pure sith mindframe. I've done this with Zereth, who has incorporated both aspects and theologies of the sith and the jedi into his outlook on life in general. But then I don't think we should just be a bunch of "Dark Jedi" running around causing mayhem.

18 tier (eample is below)
    I am weak - a little stronger - Apprentice - I made it to Level 2 -Are we there yet -Warrior - I can't beleave it Level 3 - Taste like chicken - Knight - Level 4 - I can finally train people? - Lord - I finally made it to Level 5 - I can't believe i'm still alive - Master - I'm almost a god - Godmoding but I am a god - Uberness

Setzer Dayne
    I agree on the change of viewpoint thing. I'd think the group would need to encorperate a lot of religious activity into its workings, if indeed option 1 is the road we're taking. Prayers, preaching, pilgrimage, that kind of thing. Perhaps the group could take the role of Holy Crusaders, a religious military order or something? Or maybe like a "Knights Templar" kind of vibe?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Zereth - Vega in his present incarnation is about as powerful as Salem Ave was before the recent (since I switched their ranks around for the new timeline, with Salem becoming the more powerful).

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Again - you can form more than one group, people.

I believe that the Imps might be looking to start a darksider group sort of within the Inquisitorate and that was what Bloodcrest was going to be working on, but don't quote me on that. Just so you can see that it will be different from what you others are proposing.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Agreed. We could start more then one group, but I am afraid that we might not have a large enough member base to start two or more groups. We'll just have to see where it goes.

I personally like the idea of sith working with in the Imperial Inquisition. This was TSO's plan, but it never got off the ground despite all our planning. Zereth would be more likely to join a zealous, church-like darkside group then work for the empire. But I like the idea of there being sith inside the inquisitor too. This could lead to the churchy sith clashing with the inquisitor sith. Just a thought.

Now. Why is the rum always gone?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Don't start talking about large enough member base, Zereth. You need five members, not twenty.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

I was not talking about having enough to start the group, I meant having enough members to enlargen and grow multiple groups up to a healthy, active state. This could be done with five members ,sure, but I have watched TSO die too many times because of having too few active members to think otherwise. I apologize for being paranoid in this way. Just ignore me. I'll get over it eventually.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Look, you can't grow if there isn't anywhere for the people to play.

I won't comment on TSO dying several times, except that perhaps with a new group that is completely different (don't make the same mistakes that TSO did and try to be the same as them) you won't have that problem.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast