Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Point Plaisant

Fadil Al-Zahari
    Fadil laughed and nodded, perhaps louder and more animated than he should have, but he had been to New York, his brother used to live there until he moved near Point Plaisant to be closer to family, although his family unit was slightly dwindlling.

"I understand that feeling." He said lower. "It is very nice here, if you want small atmosphere, welcome to Point Plaisant. Pretty soon everyone here will be calling you by your first name, they will give you hugs, it is a place you hear of only in stories." He smiled. He loved this place and it was good to be able to express it so openly with those who were new. Oddly enough a few hours ago he was hating it, but his headache had simply disappeared.

"A week, huh?" He nodded. He felt he was doing it too much here lately, but he was enjoying this conversation. "Where did you move to? I mean, not to pry into your personal life, just curious." He crossed his arms again, rubbing his thin beard with his right hand in contemplation.

Maddox Aires
    Maddox couldn't help but grin at his loud laugh. She liked him. He was so nice and personable, and didn't seem to mind her shooting questions at him right and left. Which she was apt to do when meeting new people, especially if they were of a different culture. She loved to learn--about anything--and so, if someone could teach her something, she was always up for it.

"Oh, um," she said, thinking for a moment. It took her a second to remember the name. "It's an apartment building down the way from here...Blackwood Apartments!" she said, finally remembering. "I'm on the very top floor though," she said with a chuckle.

Fadil Al-Zahari
    Fadil smiled, nodding slightly and slitting his eyes for a moment as he stared at her, recalling something in his mind. He pointed at her and laughed lightly.

"I see know," He said lowly. "It was you." He said in all seriousness. "You were the one making all that noise! The whole time I was wondering what in the world was going on across the hallway." He laughed and shook his head and raised his eyebrows.

"I live on the top floor as well." He said with a warm smile almost excited that he was divulging this information with her, as well as share such common ground with her.

Fadil was a very personable man and he enjoyed talking and making friends, which he had many of, but this woman was someone who made an impression. From what he quickly gathered in their friendly meeting he found her very nice, very interesting, highly knowledgable, and very beautiful. Sure that had nothing to do with her personality, but it was always a plus to see a woman with both looks and personality. He smiled, almost happy to know where she lived. Right next door.

"Perhaps I could make you some dinner sometime. Welcome you to the best place on earth." He smiled kindly. Fadil was almost surprised he said such a thing, but he felt it wasn't uncomfortable to be kind and friendly. Afterall, Point Plaisant's motto was the friendliest place on earth.

Maddox Aires
    Maddox laughed out loud, putting a hand on her chest and then on her forehead. She couldn't believe it! She had been making a lot of noise, considering it was only she and her best friend--her cousin Meghan--who were there to move her in. They often made a lot of noise together, laughing and screaming at each other, even when they were in a quiet setting. But having to move in a ridiculous amount of boxes in 20 degree weather, it had made their humor go up for som reason.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said, grinning at him. She liked this man, he was one of the kindest people she had met here, even though almost everyone seemed friendly. Except for a few older women who lived below her and didn't like that she stayed up past eight o'clock at night. She couldn't believe that he lived right across from her, she had thought about going across to at least the few doors and trying to meet the people she lived around. And now that she worked with someone, well, now she knew she had a friend!

"Oh, Fadil," she laughed, nodding at him. "That would be great."

Fadil Al-Zahari
    Fadil laughed lightly, almost making like a small snort. He made this noise when he laughed and scrunched his nose at the same time, he usually did this when he was amused with someone's reaction, which he highly was. But at times it was misconstrewed and people thought it was laugh that was to mean they were weird.

"Ah, as you American's would say..." Fadil frowned and looked up at the ceiling to think before he glanced back at her with a smile. "cool." He glanced around and breathed in deep, frowning a second after his action to see the clock. He looked at Maddox and smiled brightly.

"Class is going to start in a few moments." He looekd at her hand and held out his own. "It was great to meet you, Maddox Aires. Very nice. If you have any trouble from any of your classmates, by all means come to me and I will straighten them out." His smile slightly faded to a grin as he spoke. "As well as at the apartment. You ever need anything, a cup of sugar, anything! Come. I will be happy to service you!" He smiled brightly again and nodded.

Maddox Aires
    Maddox couldn't take it. He was so sweet. The sweetest person she believed she had ever met. She shook his hand greatfully, and smiled so warmly she thought her face would get stuck that way.

"Thanks! And ditto!" she said. She watched him leave before laughing to herself and walking back to her computer. She was absolutely certain that there was no way her day could be bad now. Even if she got the worst student ever, she would just smile and send them to the principle.

Was she weird?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12