Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little Mirko in the Mix

The cocktail waitress hopped out of the backroom, grabbed a medkit from under the bar, and offered up a lousy excuse to the patrons.

Arya watched her disappear into the back room, the incessant smell of blood indicating that it was much more than a bloody nose. But a round for free was all right! She told the bartender what she wanted, and drank down the shot of Corellian whiskey as soon as it was poured.

The smuggler pushed back from the bar and lurched towards the front door. If there was one thing she'd learned it was mind your own frelling business.

Mirko Spendrim
    Mirko, his place being usurped first by Molly, and after her by the doctor - reinserted himself back to the forefront again. Looking down grimly at the pooling blood, he asked Molly,

"Who is she?"
    Last edited by Mirko Spendrim; Jun 1st, 2007 at 06:43:36 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    She could feel the blood oozing from her body, the shrapnel from the blast had pierced it in so many places. She wanted to just slip away. Fade away, slide back into the black and escape the burning pain... the burn the burn the burn oh God the burns. The pain was unbearable, the fire was gone yet it still burned and seared her flesh. She could smell her burnt clothing and hair. <i>What's that smell?</i>

<i>"No, no, no... not again, not again, not again"</i>

<i>"Again?"</i>

Henning's voice cut through the haze. "Stay with me! You gotta stay with me Mu."

Her eyes opened again and looked at the doctor, only he wasn't the doctor. He was young, almost a man with a scorched face covered in tears and ash.

"Noo..." Mu's voice warbled as tears began to flow from her eyes. "Noo..."

"I think of my body as a side effect of my mind." - Carrie Fisher

Barton Henning
    There was a distant and faraway look in Mu's eyes now, one that worried Barton. He felt a sudden sensation of shared deja vu and helplessness, as he looked with quick eyes over the near innumerable burns Mu had sustained. The medi-kit that Molly had provided would have been adequate, at best, had minor scarring occurred – but whatever had happened to Mu had left her in a state beyond the limits means of the Bar and Grill. There was no way that Barton could treat her, not without moving her back to his clinic, and that in itself seemed impossible.

His brow became knitted tightly, realization quickly dawning on him. He knew what he had to do. It was something he'd sworn he would never do again. It had been two decades since he had last allowed himself to do it, but now – now he had no other choice. His hands trembling just above Mu's exposed skin, the Doctor summoned the Force to aid him...
    Last edited by Barton Henning; Jun 8th, 2007 at 05:04:04 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Molly winced, nearly forgetting poor Spenny. The whole debale was a shock to her, but she at least new who was laying on the floor gushing. She scooted back, giving Dr, Henning room, but remaining close by if she was needed to lend a hand further. She looked up at Spenny with an apologetic gaze. She just couldn't let Mu die. No Mu, maybe no Cloud 9. No Cloud 9, no information to give to Kasajian, aka.. no further need for Molly Black. It was a dangerous game she played and she found herself in the akward position of having to play by everyone else's rules..

"Sorry Spenny", she started, "She is the elusive owner, Mu. Although don't ask me how she got herself into this mess. I just serve drinks and the odd nerf filet.... You know that.."

Mirko Spendrim
    "Mu?"

The name came out as a speak, and Mirko cleared his throat and tried again, "Mu - Satach?"

Oh, this was all so terrible.

He looked at Molly's stricken face, and took her hand, patting it lightly in an effort to comfort her.

He looked at Henning, and his hand patting stopped abrutply, "What-- what is he doing?"

Mirko knew exactly what the doctor was doing and his alarm-o-meter shot through the roof.

"You cant do that here" He quailed. He fixed Molly with his eyes now as large as eggs, "He cant do that here!"

Too bad Kazaar wasn't here, he'd punch him, or shoot him, or something to make the Doc stop.

Cloud City, crawling as it was with Imperials of every walk of life was not the place to be messing around using force powers, let alone this Bar - where every unsavoury informant and rat-snitch-squealer on the planet frequented the place with regularity. Who knew? There may be one just right outside the door waiting to bring the jack-booted Imp goose-steppers down on their heads for a few fast creds and a bit of notoriety...

Dropping Molly's hand, Mirko tapped Henning urgently on the shoulder with his index finger, "You gotta quit doing that Doc, ya hear me?"

Tap, tap, tap.

"Doc?"

Barton Henning
    Barton, already struggling to call upon what had once come so naturally, felt his concentration falter. His mind was yanked back into the present by the persistent taptaptaping of Spendrim. With a grimace, the Doctor twisted on the spot and pinned Mirko with pained eyes.

“She's going to die!” he managed, through gritted teeth. He took a ragged, damp breath and then turned back to Mu, laying his hands on her as he head done before. The Imperials be damned. He had almost lost her once before and he wasn't about to do it again.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Hands... pulling... pulling, pulling her out from beneath the pile of...
    <i>Nnnoooo...</i>

Her eyes stared into the the darkness above them. A strange voice echoed through space to her "He can't do that here!" Mu struggled in the darkness, she fought through it, reaching for that voice. If she could just hold on to that voice, find that voice, she could find her way back to reality, back to her sanity. <i>Fight damn you fight!</i> She shouted to herself, <i>Hold on to that voice!</i>

It floated down to her again, "You gotta quit doing that Doc, ya hear me?" <i>YES! Almost there... almost...</i> She strained reaching for that voice through the darkness, a hallway, figures, a cold floor, <i>Yes, just a bit further...</i> Light started to come into focus, searing pain, but she was almost home and then... then she could die.

“She's going to <i>die</i>!” That voice sliced through her like a razor thin blade of durasteel. It wrapped around her and pulled her back down into the darkness, she couldn't fight that voice, she could never fight that voice, she would never be able to fight against that voice. <font color=tan>"Where have you been my friend?"</font>

Warm hands... heat enveloped her in the darkness, a ringing in her ears turned into blaster fire, troop footfalls and children's screams.

"If we can make it to the lower levels, we might be able to get them out." the young voice whispered.

Mu turned to look at Padawan Henning as they both hugged the marble walls of the Jedi Temple. Behind Mu stood a dozen younglings, none of them older than 7. She whispered back trying to remain calm, "The library has ventilation shafts that reach deep into the lower levels of the city." One of them clung to Mu's leg, her large blue eyes searched Mu's face for reassurance. Mu smiled at her. <font color=tan><i>Everything will be alright little one.</i></font>

Mirko Spendrim
    Mirko curled his finger back into the safety of his palm and made no sudden move. The Doc's intensity was frightening and Mirko was at a loss as to what to do next, but he thought provoking a stressed-out force-using man who had very muscular shoulders and could probablly pack quite a whallop, was something to avoid.

Mu seemed to be struggling toward consciousness and Spendrim's heart went out to her. She would feel a whole lot worse when she woke up, her burns were terrible.

"Maybe some cool water? We could pour some into her mouth -- not too much though, because I knew this one guy that did that to a buddy who got ker-splatted in crossfire between a Rebel and Imp cluster fight and he poured too much down, and the guy drowned before the laser injuries did him in--ouch!"

Molly had stomped on his foot, thankfully, to shut him up. Bless her - Spenny prattled more than normal when he was nervous.

"I'll go get some water" he assured and scuttled off, eager to be helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12