Thread: Heroes

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Joygasm.

"...people fly, people die..."

Oh, if they do what I think they are gunna do... *shakes fist*

Yep somebody is going to die. I am going to guess the evil Jessica, I think Nikki will finally fight back and kill her in the next episode.

If Jessica gets killed off, then Niki becomes kind of useless as a character...although the producers have made it clear that characters are going to come and go on the show, so it's going to have to happen sooner or later.

My money's riding on Mrs. HRG now. Seeing as how she's deterioriating to the point that HRG allegedly took her to a neurologist, plus now she doesn't even recognize Claire or (heavens to Betsy!!!) her beloved Mr. Muggles, makes me think she's going to deteriorate further until all that's left is death. Plus there was the moment in the trailer for next week's episode where an obviously emotional HRG was telling someone (looked like Claire) that "I was only trying to protect my family!" I could be completely wrong, but that's what I'm sensing at the moment.

And if it is Mrs. HRG, does that mean that you can only have your mind wiped clean by the Haitian so many times before it does extreme damage? Hm....

Loved the episode overall, can't wait to see what's up with Ando and Hope .

I don't think she is going to die. I think she will end up in an medical hospital because she can't remember anything. I think she had her mind wiped way too many times. Also I think a major characters is going to die and I don't consider her major. Also they could kill off Niki now that would be shocking and leave Jessica around. Also Niki could gain Jessica's powers by killing her, although she won't be as interesting without the other side of her personality.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Someone flies, someone dies... I hope Nathan doesn't get killed! But Peter could be the flier, and so Nathan could be the one who dies. Except that in the extended preview for this season there is a scene with Nathan that we haven't seen yet "How fast do you think we can fly?" that makes me think that he lives and he and Peter are going to fly together.

So Nathan is probably the one who flies.
    <--speculation based on previews

The new TV Guide has some blurbs about Heroes in a few different places that I thought were worth sharing...first of all, they said to "save the date," March 5th, because that's the night a "major character" goes bye-bye. Now, I'm confused because I thought someone was dying this coming Monday, so are 2 people dying in the coming weeks? Or was the promo another case of NBC airing a misleading promo? Entertainment Weekly gave the show a glowing review last week but did ask NBC to quit airing such "bombastic" previews that make it look like the events of the upcoming episode are so earth-shattering that it just might kill you . I couldn't help but think of that comment when I first saw the trailer for the next episode...anywho, I'm still not convinced about Niki finally killing off Jessica, I still think it's a little too early for that. But I had a conversation with someone at work who I just found out this week watches the show, and she said something I've said here before, that she has this weird feeling that Ando might bite the dust. It might be a monumental moment in Hiro's Campbell-eque hero's journey to lose his beloved sidekick...we shall see.

The second blurb in TV Guide is about a really fun and appropriate cameo in the episode airing on Monday...although it's there in black and white in TV Guide, I'm not going to spoil it here. Just look out for the bus driver...'nuff said .

I think they mislead in the preview and the death will happen the following week. I am not sure who else might get killed off than. I am going to look at the suspects. I am including major characters who appeared in the first episode. I am going to rule Matt and DL because they didn't show up then.
    Peter- I think he is safe, he is just too huge of a character.
    Claire- Same as Peter besides she kind of died once and then they went through all that effort to save her she is safe.
    Nathan- He could but I doubt it, his story line is too interesting.
    Hiro- Another major character that is safe.
    Ando- Well they could kill of the sidekick (Bucky, Jason Todd, etc it has happened before in the comics), but I don't think they will besides the way it looks in the upcoming episodes they won't really be in danger unless Linderman has him killed.
    Mohinder- Well he is hanging out with Sylar but I don't think they will kill him. His character I think is too important to the series.
    Issac- He is a possibility, especially since Sylar already killed him in the future if we go by Hiro's trip.
    Simione- I doubt it honestly, I think they want to keep up the female interest for Peter.
    Mr. Bennett or HRG- They could especially if they bring Linderman in as a major player. I think he works for Linderman and if Linderman gets tired of his failures he could have him killed.
    Niki/Jessica This is what I was thinking kill off one of the two personalities. Although the Tv Guide article said people would be upset. I am not sure if anybody would be upset about Jessica be offed. Maybe if they killed off Niki instead but that would make the character a pure villain then and do they want her to compete with Sylar?
    Micha- No way will they kill of a child, IMO.

So I think now it will either be Issac or Mr Bennett. I can't rule out Niki or Jessica nor Ando. I kept off Zach because I am wondering if they are just going to write him out another way.

Doc Milo
    Also Niki could gain Jessica's powers by killing her, although she won't be as interesting without the other side of her personality.
    I might be wrong on this, but I think the powers are not necessarily restricted to only one of the personalities. I think Niki has the same powers as Jessica, but doesn't really realize this. If the powers are genetic, as Mohinder keeps saying, then Niki and Jessica have the same exact genetic code. Niki believes Jessica is a different person, but she really is just a different personality, therefore, any power Jessica has, Niki also has. When Niki finally realizes this, it may give her the cofidence to fight Jessica once and for all. Not that this fight will be a physical one. It will be totally mental/psychological. I thought, when Niki was in prison, talking with DL and her son through the glass, and she asked if she could just give her son a hug, and was denied, that she defended herself against the guards with "supernatural strength" as Niki and not as Jessica because after tossing the guards, she looked at her hands and was shaking her head....

I don't think the death will be one of the personalities. It could be the Niki/Jessica character in total.

My money is on Ando or Isaac.
    Last edited by Doc Milo; Feb 16th, 2007 at 02:29:52 PM.

I could say Issace but I am betting on HRG right now based on some other things I have read. I have also hear a rumor that Eric Roberts is joining the show as someone connected with HRG. I suspect he will be Linderman.
    Edit scratch what I said above. Roberts is playing a new character. I just read that Linderman will be played by none other than Malcolm McDowell. Actually, I like that better, McDowell can play great villains.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I think it's POLL TIME!

Malcolm McDowell as Linderman?!?!?!?!

As was said earlier in this thread...JOYGASM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn Fizz View Post
    Malcolm McDowell as Linderman?!?!?!?!

As was said earlier in this thread...JOYGASM!
    Yeah I thought that was great news. I thought it was going to be Eric Roberts but McDowell makes such a better choice.

Well I didn't see that coming. [nospoilerneeded] Simone dying was a shock [*spoiler]
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Feb 20th, 2007 at 02:01:23 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Agreed. My jaw definately dropped at that one. At least Peter learned some form of control.

But I felt so bad [nospoilerneeded]for Ando and Hiro. They should not split those two up!! What will Ando do now!?! And to everyone who thought Ando would kick the bucket, hah1 They teased you But I did like how Hiro basically grew up in the matter of 30 minutes.[*spoiler]
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Feb 20th, 2007 at 02:01:01 AM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Peter certainly learned how to reach the Sylar side of the Force. And we've finally got some kind of superhero team going on now! Matt, Ted, and Hana, the terrorists!

This episode was great. I can't believe how Heroes keeps going week after week, building on the previous episodes and growing the characters... other shows should take lessons from this one. *coff*like Lost*coffcoff*

Now, what are all of Sylar's powers!? I thought maybe he had super jump from when he got away from Matt and the FBI in Ep. 3, but tonight "there were no footsteps" so maybe he has flying as well. Could be interesting later on with Nathan and Peter.

Sylar's Powers (known so far)
    • flaw discernment
    • cryokinesis
    • flying/super jump
    • telekinesis
    • angry deep voice (may be tied in with telekinesis)
    • super hearing
    • toastermancy (melting household appliances)
    • eiditic memory
    Peter's Powers
    • empathy/power mimic
    • flying
    • healing from beyond the grave
    • telekinesis
    • invisibility
    • telepathy
    • stop time/teleport
    • paint the future
    • psychic surgery (the Hatian)
    • other Sylar powers... eiditic memory, cryokinesis, etc?
    • RADIOACTIVE BOMB (hypothetical)

Well, for once the previews didn't mislead...someone did fly, and someone did die. I was shocked that it was Simone, although after thinking about it, it kind of made sense because I think her storyline was either completely done or bound to become repetitive. But boy, is this ever going to make Isaac and Peter's already contentious relationship even worse, what with Isaac accidentally killing Simone and her dying in Peter's arms. Whoa. But from the thing I read in TV Guide, I guess someone else is dying in 2 weeks.

And we appear to have said good-bye to 2 other characters, at least for the time-being, what with Hiro telling Ando to go back home and Claude panicking and literally disappearing. I love both those characters and will miss them if they're truly out of the series.

Overall, it was a fabulous episode, what is Mohinder going to think when he realizes that "Zane" is actually Sylar, and he led him right to poor Dale of the superpowered hearing? Massive drama, for sure.

Next week's episode looks like it's going to KICK BUTT!!!! I can't wait!!! If someone else is going to die in the March 5th episode, I bet it's going to be someone in the Bennet house....

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Yahoo! has interviews about next week's episode with the cast of Heroes. You all should check it out, as it gives a little bit more indepth look at next week's episode. Juicey stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Peter certainly learned how to reach the Sylar side of the Force. And we've finally got some kind of superhero team going on now! Matt, Ted, and Hana, the terrorists!

This episode was great. I can't believe how Heroes keeps going week after week, building on the previous episodes and growing the characters... other shows should take lessons from this one. *coff*like Lost*coffcoff*

Now, what are all of Sylar's powers!? I thought maybe he had super jump from when he got away from Matt and the FBI in Ep. 3, but tonight "there were no footsteps" so maybe he has flying as well. Could be interesting later on with Nathan and Peter.

Sylar's Powers (known so far)
    • flaw discernment
    • cryokinesis
    • flying/super jump
    • telekinesis
    • angry deep voice (may be tied in with telekinesis)
    • super hearing
    • toastermancy (melting household appliances)
    • eiditic memory
    Peter's Powers
    • empathy/power mimic
    • flying
    • healing from beyond the grave
    • telekinesis
    • invisibility
    • telepathy
    • stop time/teleport
    • paint the future
    • psychic surgery (the Hatian)
    • other Sylar powers... eiditic memory, cryokinesis, etc?
    • RADIOACTIVE BOMB (hypothetical)
    I disagree about Lost. Lost was doing great in Season 1 like Heroes is. The show got bogged down in Season 2 and the beginning of Season 3.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That's what I'm saying - I'm talking about the current season of Lost.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

The concept behind Heroes can have much stronger legs than Lost though. Lost started out as a semi-normal universe then kept getting more and more weird. Heroes has the ability to continually introduce new characters seamlessly into their realm, as more and more become aware of their powers.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast