OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Question: Cerebro?

Veritas
    If X and Magneto didn't exist, that's awfully hard to explain. I'm saying no.

Katchen
    Well, considering one of Maxine's powers is Mechanical Intuition (ala Forge) there's no reason why she couldn't have created something similar.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    If X and Magneto didn't exist, that's awfully hard to explain. I'm saying no.
    and if that is the case, why is the school in the same place, with practically the same name cept it is the Cullen's Institute for Higher learning, and we have of course the X-men.

Everything we have done we worked around to have it make sense with this incarnation of original characters. There is no reason why we can't have a Cerebro IMO or a Danger room. We even have a character who is Psychic that can use it.

Veritas
    It's okay with me I'm not gonna throw a wobbler over retconning a few things for convenience. If we can redesign a story for Cerebro to fit, that's kosher.

Ethan Daniels
    ^^

I'm thinking this ... Dr Cullen found mutants the old fashion way Then along came a mechnical genius and a psychic as students. Amongst much discussion and design, Cerebro could have easily come about?

Maxine Flannery
    Yes, I am the Resident Techie of the team after all.

Francoise Dupont
    Francoise could probably handle using some incarnation of Cerebro, and Maxine could have easily built. I'm fine with it

Veritas
    I don't know if Veritas could use his Theta field with Cerebro, or if that would ever be desirable. Scary.

Maxine Flannery
    It can be calibrated for anyone with psi abilities. Oracle is just the first.

Veritas
    Magnifying the Theta field would just run the risk of causing peoples' heads to explode, so I'll sit that one out

Well, I wrote in one of my posts that Dr. Cullen created the blueprints for the Danger Room, and that Ethan was just this year able to build it. Cerebro could be something similar.

Incidentally, the action is starting to heat up at Yucca Mountain.

Who will be there among the X-Men, again? Ion and Dragon will be there, and Charley said he'd bring in Bat-Dude. Any others? If all else fails, we can throw in one or two more NPCs.

Oh, and since the Brotherhood already took the train, what's our sweet ride?

Locksmith
    I believe that Locksmith will be flying the Blackbird in.

He will be among the X-Men going, as well.

Saladin
    So... I think what happened was I was waiting on other people to post, and other people were waiting on me, and, anyway--

I think I'd like to get this going again, if we still have other interested parties. If there are, I can put up a post to get Tron into position and the rest of us on the move toward Neutron's cell. Then the Gammas and/or X-Men can move in, and we can have a nice, big brawl amid barrels of nuclear waste. While we duke it out, Void can probably slip down where they're holding Neutron and, with Tron's remote assistance, spring him out without receiving a lethal blast of radiation. Then we can make our escape before the heavy cavalry arrives.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for how we could move things along better. This is the first time I've been so heavily involved in a more epic-style thread, so I'm not sure how things usually proceed. But I'm hopeful this will be the first of many big plots for our X-Men setting.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Doctor Jesus Terrible
    aka. The Bottomless Pit

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Arsenal here and I'm still up for it. To avoid too much cluter, maybe we can square of into our own fights. My character is a loner as is, maybe you can send him get something done and he stumlbes into one or more of the X-men/gammas.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    Yes get me out of prison PLEASE

Saladin
    Keep your pants on. For real.

You've only been in there, what, three months?

Anyway, I think, given the hiatus, we can just let a new posting order develop; you're all free to post, including Neutron, if you want to respond to Tron. Gammas and X-Men, if you want to make your grand entrance, go right ahead. Any Brotherhood chars, go ahead and send us down the lift to Sublevel 17. It'll be a labyrinth of corridors with some wide-open loading and processing areas, like any good X-Men: Legends level with destructible scenery.

EDIT: Arsenal has informed me he won't be able to continue in the thread. So I've editd my last post to put him on guard duty, and Geryon is accompanying us to Neutron's cell. I think the posting order now is me, Spectre, Neutron, and Void.

And Gammas and X-Men where applicable.
    Last edited by Saladin; Mar 15th, 2007 at 12:19:23 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    So any of the X-men want to get in on this? I'm thinking that it would probably be a little while before they get to the base. Maybe arrive just as the Brotherhood are springing Neutron from his cell, that way we can have a nice clash outside?

Saladin
    I was actually imagining a confrontation among millions of barrels of toxic waste.

I'll bring Dragon to the party, but I think we need at least two others.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    That sounds cool too

I can chip in Francoise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast