Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball

I should have added Georgia Tech, man was that a wild game.

The ACC period yesterday was nuts.

LOL that is for sure. The only wild game today has been the BC-Miami game, which BC survived in OT.

That Kentucky/Mississippi game in the SEC was crazy too.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I'm holding out hope that Purdue can get into the field of 64. They beat Iowa today in the Big Ten Tournament impressively, but have to play Ohio State in the semifinals. If they can at least keep it close, that may be enough, but it's hard to say that this point. If they somehow win, they'd definitely be in, but I'm not expecting that to happen.

I'm actually way more interested in watching the Mid Major conferences...hoping for some upsets to improve NT's seeding. :

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Here's a question. Say N.C. State plays in the ACC championship (and plays well), they are 16-14 right now. If they got to the championship, they'd be 17-14,and 17-15 if they loss (if they won they'd get the automatic bid), with a conference record at 5-11 with a RPI inside the top 100. Do they think that is enough to get them to make the top 65?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Pode View Post
    Here's a question. Say N.C. State plays in the ACC championship (and plays well), they are 16-14 right now. If they got to the championship, they'd be 17-14,and 17-15 if they loss (if they won they'd get the automatic bid), with a conference record at 5-11 with a RPI inside the top 100. Do they think that is enough to get them to make the top 65?
    Not even close.

About an hour and half to go till selection Sunday. Should be very interesting to see who gets in.

I just wanna see where we end up.

Hopefully you won't be a 16. Not too much longer.

I disagree with Florida being the best team. Ohio State looks like the best team to me. Of course it doesn't matter, I think a lower ranked team will win again this year. I think the seeds are getting more and more meaningless. I mean that a 1-4 can win easily now.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Well, Purdue got in as the #9 seed in the Midwest bracket, so I'm happy about that. I think they have a chance to win their opening round game against Arizona. Then they'll get destroyed by Florida. But, at least it's tournament experience.

That Midwest bracket looks tough. I wouldn't want to play Oregon right now. Would love to see Oregon and Notre Dame play that game could get close to 100 with the way those teams play offense.

I predict now VCU will beat Duke. I just think Duke isn't playing very well right now.

North Carolina is going to have a nightmare road to the Final Four. Georgetown and Texas in there. Not to mention that second round match up against either Marquette or Michigan State won't be easy.

I am shocked Syarcuse got snubbed. Sorry CMJ you guys got Memphis although that is better than Ohio State. Personally, I think none of the #1 seeds have it easy. Each Bracket is almost equally tough though the West looks a little stronger.

Memphis is about all I could've hoped for.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

I'm trying to figure how Standford got in.

I agree a team with a 18-12 record doesn't belong over Drexel and Syracuse. I think Lousiville will win that game. They keep saying they are dangerous. Dangerous? They have lost 5 of their last six and got beat up by USC.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast