Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Pick'em Week 6

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Sports

I only have one thing to say.. Terrell Owens :evil

SW-Fans.Net Poster

You display superior taste in footwear. In an unrelated matter, I would like to mate with you.
    AKA
    Andrew
    And not Texans' defense?

HOLY COW @ Buccaneers/Bengals! Buccaneers TD pass for the go-ahead score with 35 seconds left! It was called incomplete, but reviewed, and it was rightly overturned. Amazing finish!

Now, the defense need to stop any last-second heroics by Carson Palmer.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Guess I could say that too

Awesome comeback by the Seahawks

JMK
    After going undefeated last week I'm sitting at 2-6 in the afternoon games. Awful, awful stuff.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

You display superior taste in footwear. In an unrelated matter, I would like to mate with you.
    AKA
    Andrew
    CIN 13 TB 14
    PHI 24 NO 27
    NYG 27 ATL 14
    CAR 23 BAL 21
    TEN 25 WAS 22

Five big upsets today. Tennessee was the only one I got right. Our median's going to be much lower this week.

Yeah, most of us are going to have pretty sucky scores today, what with all these teams that were winless suddenly winning their first game of the season.

Does this bode well for Oakland tonight?

Sheesh, I hope not. :evil

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn Fizz View Post
    Does this bode well for Oakland tonight?Sheesh, I hope not. :evil
    If that happens (which I estimate in the likelyhood of 1/500), a certain Sirdizzy will be running around screaming and yelling in despair

sirdizzy
    well entering this week there were 4 teams that hadn't won a game, tennesse, detroit and tampa bay all got their first victories today

to give oakland their first win of the season, in denver on prime time would make me more than just run and scream I might have to commit some acts of violence on poor inanimate objects

and how bout them saints that was a big win and a statement win to say they are for real

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Andrew
    21-0

Edit: 28-0!!! Najeh Davenport breaking free for a 48-yard run to set up a flip to a WIDE OPEN Hines Ward. Seems the Chiefs defense is therapeutic to a struggling offense.
    Last edited by Tannis V'larr; Oct 15th, 2006 at 03:18:06 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Where is Jedi Master Carr hiding? He is awfully quiet right now..

I am also wondering where the Chief's defense is hiding. They sure have not shown up so far.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

As a Kyle Boller fan, yay, 3 TDs. Good decision making. Could feel the pressure. Too bad the defense was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Yoghurt View Post
    Where is Jedi Master Carr hiding? He is awfully quiet right now..

I am also wondering where the Chief's defense is hiding. They sure have not shown up so far.
    I haven't been home The game isn't on in my area so I have no idea what happened. I am thinking Pittsburgh just came out and was desperate. I think they wanted the game a hell of a lot more than the Chiefs. Actually, the defense for KC has a looked a lot better in the first 4 games then it has in previous seasons. I am guessing the defense just didn't get on the bus for this game.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Andrew
    Well, we're looking at a very good gameplan that worked this time, on both sides of the football. We're looking at a more confident and competent Ben, and a rushing offense that has once more found its stride (remember they gashed the Bengals very efficiently). We're looking at an amped defense that is stepping up to make the kind of plays we saw in the playoffs last year.

The Steelers haven't been perfect, definitely. The fumbles are a huge concern. And the defense was way too soft on KC's touchdown drive. But it looks to me like the doomsayers have spoken far too quickly about Bill Cowher's Steelers.

In other words, there is a lot of season left, and things could still go either way, but the rumors of the Steelers' demise have been greatly exaggerrated.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Or... the truth, KC is overrated.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Andrew
    Kansas City has been exposed, yes. But by a team that's really on fire. The Steelers overcame a three-game skid last year, if you'll remember.

Are they playoff material? I'll have to reserve that judgment until they take down a proven playoff-calliber opponent. See, that's my whole point: it's too early in the season to make a blanket judgment about them. But I'm greatly encouraged by this performance. This is exactly what the Steelers needed.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Saying a team is playing hot and not being tackled are two different things. I tackle better than the Chief's D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Pode View Post
    Saying a team is playing hot and not being tackled are two different things. I tackle better than the Chief's D.
    I wouldn't go that far. They tackled the previous 4 teams just fine. They had a bad game that is all. Their defense is better than the last few years. Of course with the problems with the offense, if they get Green back, the best they could do is 10-6. Although, it is more likely they will finish between 7-9 and 9-7.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I haven't seen the last four games, but what I did see was tackling that reminded me of a Pop Warner game.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    7-5 for the week so far. But unless something bizarre happens I'll be 8-5 tonight.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I don't wanna jinx it till the Bears start playing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast