Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL Pick'em Week 2: Who the hell is Tannis and why is he in 1st place?

JMK
    Well if they want to win 10 games at this point they will have to go 10-4. That's going to be tough for them, especially since he's going to be out at least another week. Plus they play in a very tough division, even if the Raiders are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMK View Post
    Well if they want to win 10 games at this point they will have to go 10-4. That's going to be tough for them, especially since he's going to be out at least another week. Plus they play in a very tough division, even if the Raiders are in it.
    Well there last 6 games are easy, 4 of them are at home and the two road games are easy road games. They could go 5-1 in that stretch. That is the only reason why I think it is possible. As for the other game that they will miss him for it will be for the 49ers in Kansas City. I think they will win that one mainly because they are at home.

sirdizzy
    carr you have been spouting that cheifs nonsense since the preseason when I told you they would win 7 games, now I am thinking 6 maybe only 5. Losing Green hurt but there is more problems with the cheifs that that. Their offensive line took a bigger hit then I expected when they lost Roaf, they still have no wide recievers, and Larry Johnson ain't no Priest Holmes. Holmes would have won that game for them somehow yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdizzy View Post
    carr you have been spouting that cheifs nonsense since the preseason when I told you they would win 7 games, now I am thinking 6 maybe only 5. Losing Green hurt but there is more problems with the cheifs that that. Their offensive line took a bigger hit then I expected when they lost Roaf, they still have no wide recievers, and Larry Johnson ain't no Priest Holmes. Holmes would have won that game for them somehow yesterday.
    I am fan I have got to be optomistic. Besides I wouldnt' call it nonsense who knows they could turn it around when Green gets healthy. Johnson did the best he could Holmes couldn't have won with that bumb Huard, he is horrible. I agree if Green can't get healthy they are in trouble they might finish 6-10. I was saying if Green gets hurt 10 is really best case scenerio and it would take a lot of factors. Hey I have got to have hope if things break down I will just start rooting for the Patriots for the rest of the season.

JMK
    You know what I'm really getting sick of with NFL play by play guys?

The fact that it seems that after almost every single play, depending on whether the defending or attacking player made the play, they tell you who he is, what year he's in, and what school he's from. Good grief! Who cares! Once in a while its fine...but good lord, give it a rest! What's next? A complete family history?

I've noticed this over the past couple years, but for whatever reason tonight, Mike Tirico is annoying me. It's just about mute time.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

How about the Steelers "awesome" rushing game?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Did I tell you about the time I stole fire from the gods? I couldn't fence it, it was too hot. I really got burned on that deal...

AKA
    Andrew
    13-3, and the only game I actually cared about went the wrong way.

Jacksonville's defense really looked awesome; they beat the Steelers silly. The Steelers D played almost as well, but they were on the field a lot longer. Props to the Jaguars; I really doubt Cincy can come anywhere near that defensive performance, but the Steelers obviously have things to work on for next week. Roethlisberger still needs to shake some rust off; he overthrew quite a few open receivers.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    11-5 .... What the heck happened to the Steelers?! O_o

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Roethlisberger still needs to shake some rust off; he overthrew quite a few open receivers.

Wasn't the problem. 13 carries for 26 yards as a team does not win games. Take away Willie Parker's 8 yarder and thats 12 carries for 18 yards.

JMK
    12-4 for the week I think.

The Steelers were smothered all game long. Jacksonville really played an incredible defensive game. They didn't give up one big play all game long, and for that you have to give them all the credit in the world. Big Ben looked rusty, but so did the entire team IMO.

With that win, Jacksonville goes to 2-0 and officially serves notice that they just might be for real. They've beaten 2 good teams now.

jjwr
    The Steelers are overrated to begin with, they were not that great of a team last year and instead rode the mode of getting hot at the right time. Obviously they played the best in the playoffs but looking at the year as a whole weren't the best team. THis year they may make the playoffs but it won't be a lock.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Im 14-2!

JMK
    Apparently Satan lives!

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Live and kickin!

Unfortunately, last week was horrible (6-10). But this should put me back on track.

Everybody had a good week. I'll try to get the picks updated sometime tomorrow. I may even get it done tonight.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

Check your results, let me know if I've screwed up yet again.

Tannis V'larr 13-3 (25-7)

Liam Jinn 12-4 (23-9)

Ryan Pode 11-5 (22-10)

Blade Ice 13-3 (21-11)
    JMK 12-4 (21-11)
    Figrin Dan 11-5 (21-11)
    Jinn Fizz 11-5 (21-11)
    Nathanial K'cansce 11-5 (21-11)

Master Yoghurt 14-2 (20-12)
    Jedieb 12-4 (20-12)
    Jedi Master Carr 12-4 (20-12)
    jjwr 12-4 (20-12)