Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Pick'em Week 1: Jedieb Defends His Title!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    Another player got in trouble and it wasn't a Bengal
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2573205
    I am not surprised the Chargers did that. Of course he might be serving some jail time anyway.
    He spent his first four seasons in Cinci.

Thursday, Sep. 7
    WIN Miami at Pittsburgh 8:30 p.m.

Sunday, Sep. 10
    Atlanta at Carolina WIN
    Baltimore at Tampa Bay WIN
    Buffalo at New England WIN
    WIN Cincinnati at Kansas City
    WIN Denver at St. Louis
    New Orleans at Cleveland WIN
    N.Y. Jets at Tennessee WIN
    WIN Philadelphia at Houston
    WIN Seattle at Detroit
    WIN Chicago at Green Bay
    WIN Dallas at Jacksonville
    Niners at Arizona WIN
    WIN Colts at N.Y. Giants

Monday, Sep. 11
    Minnesota at Washington WIN
    WIN San Diego at Oakland

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

I've got 9 road teams winning on week 1. I'm opening the season with a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedieb View Post
    I've got 9 road teams winning on week 1. I'm opening the season with a train wreck.
    I think you are wrong with that Cincinnati game for starters Seriously, I think KC will win more because the Bengals are a train wreck just waiting to happen.

sirdizzy
    i think the bengals are a better team but they had the worst off season of anyteam I have ever seen. They are not on the same page at all and they are heading into one of the tougher places to play in the entire nfl coupled with the fact that the cheifs while nowhere near the powerhouse they used to be, our still an ok team who run the ball well and don't lose at home that often.

The cheifs will begin to unravel when teams find out how much of a downstep they took on their Oline when they lost Wille Roaf and blitz on that weak spot. Coupled with the fact that they seem to never ever want to actually obquire a WR of any talent whatsoever. Their Defense is still shaky and will remain so, adding a head coach doesn't change that ask Indy how long it took them to get a D. The chiefs are a 7-9 team this year and 6 of those 7 wins will be at home including week 1.
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Sep 12th, 2006 at 09:17:20 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Sports

Thursday, Sep. 7
    Miami (W) at Pittsburgh 8:30 p.m.

Sunday, Sep. 10
    Atlanta at Carolina (W)
    Baltimore at Tampa Bay (W)
    Buffalo at New England (W)
    Cincinnati at Kansas City (W)
    Denver (W) at St. Louis
    New Orleans at Cleveland (W)
    N.Y. Jets at Tennessee (W)
    Philadelphia (W) at Houston
    Seattle (W) at Detroit
    Chicago (W) at Green Bay
    Dallas (W) at Jacksonville
    Niners at Arizona (W)
    Colts at N.Y. Giants (W)

Monday, Sep. 11
    Minnesota (W) at Washington
    San Diego at Oakland (W)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Thursday, Sep. 7
    Miami at Pittsburgh (W)

Sunday, Sep. 10
    Atlanta at Carolina (W)
    Baltimore (W) at Tampa Bay
    Buffalo at New England (W)
    Cincinnati (W) at Kansas City
    Denver (W) at St. Louis
    New Orleans (W) at Cleveland
    N.Y. Jets at Tennessee (W)
    Philadelphia (W) at Houston
    Seattle (W) at Detroit
    Chicago at Green Bay (W)
    Dallas (W) at Jacksonville
    Niners at Arizona (W)
    Colts (W) at N.Y. Giants

Monday, Sep. 11
    Minnesota at Washington (W)
    San Diego (W) at Oakland

jjwr
    Just for tonight, I'll pick the rest later

Miami at Pittsburgh (W)

Quote Originally Posted by sirdizzy View Post
    i think the bengals are a better team but they had the worst off season of anyteam I have ever seen. They are not on the same page at all and they are heading into one of the tougher places to play in the entire nfl coupled with the fact that the cheifs while nowhere near the powerhouse they used to be, our still an ok team who run the ball well and don't lose at home that often.

The cheifs will begin to unravel when teams find out how much of a downstep they took on their Oline when they lost Wille Roaf and blitz on that weak spot. Coupled with the fact that they seem to never ever want to actually obquire a WR of any talent whatsoever. Their Defense is still shaky and will remain so, adding a head coach doesn't change that ask Indy how long it took them to get a D. The chiefs are a 7-9 team this year and 6 of those 7 wins will be at home including week 1.
    We Shall see I think the will win 8 games at the worst, IMO. I base that on their schedule which is ridiculously easy in the last 6 games. I don't think they can win more than 11 games though but is if everything goes perfect for them this season.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Eddie Kennison is a good WR. He's a consistant 1,000 Yard reciever as the #2 passing option. That's pretty good.

sirdizzy
    eddie kennison is a #2 maybe a #3 reciever and the cheifs have been using him as a #1 guy for years, hell when he played on the broncos he was #3 behind smith and eddie mac and then we cast him off and the cheifs picked up our garbage. I mean try and make a trade for deion branch, hell doug gabriel that the pats just picked up is a better option than kennison. Make a move for TO, dante stallworth, do something. When was the last time the cheifs tried to get a reciever, oh yea eddie kennison like 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Sep 12th, 2006 at 09:17:41 AM.

eddie kennison is a #2 maybe a #3 reciever and the cheifs have been using him as a #1 guy for years, hell when he played on the broncos he was #3 behind smith and eddie mac and then we cast him off and the cheifs picked up our garbage. I mean try and make a trade for deion branch, hell doug gabriel that the pats just picked up is a better option than kennison. Make a move for TO, dante stallworth, do something. When was the last time the cheifs tried to get a reciever, oh yea eddie kennison like 5 years ago.
    Well they are tapped too close to the cap which is the problem. Now Sammie Parker has a lot of potential to be a top reciever though. His biggest problem is staying healthy and not dropping passes.
    Also I didn't realize that NBC got Bob "I am boring " Costas to do their pregame shows. I guess I won't be watching many of those.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

He produces. That's all you need from your #2 reciever. You fail to realize that Tony Gonzales is the #1 option in the Chief's option.

sirdizzy
    here is why I thought Miami would win tonight. Down 17-14, first and goal at the dolphins 1 yard line and charlie batch fumbles. That could be a game breaker.

Steel town is missing Ben big time right now.
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Sep 12th, 2006 at 09:18:05 AM.

sirdizzy
    new season, new signature

and daunte cullpepper has looked pretty sharp on this drive after looking like crap the 1st half
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Sep 12th, 2006 at 09:18:20 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Looks like Miami got the Culpepper of '05.

Yeah Culpepper has played terrible in the 4 quarter. Both of those INTS were horrible passes. One was thrown in triple coverage and that last one was thrown to no one. Of course this was set up because they couldn't run the ball either, plus there defense has played horrible in the second half. So far the Dolphins don't look like no SB contender to me.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!

In the first part of the second half, the Dolphins' defense was doing pretty well. I think it was those 2 consecutive penalties that threw them off their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Jinn View Post
    In the first part of the second half, the Dolphins' defense was doing pretty well. I think it was those 2 consecutive penalties that threw them off their game.
    Well they were dumb pentalties too. The illegal use of the hands to the face was dumb.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!

I still think it made them play a bit less aggressive, which let the steelers gain some easy yards on them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast