Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Intricacies of Love

Fiona Devlin
    "Now," she said, her eyes, still closed, unaware Michele was peeking at her.

".. focus on breathing. In through your nose, and out through your mouth."

:: Fiona fanned her arms above her head slowly as she did so ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    Least I wasn't caught peeking, but now I got a better way to do this. I try and take on a similar stance as her and repeat the motions with my own hands, while I breathe as instructed.

After a minute of this, I get into a nice rhythm. But it's still weird, focusing on breathing like this. I never really thought about how I breathed. I just, ya know, did it.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona opened her eyes again, then guided Michele through the basic movements of a tai chi form, one movement at a time ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    So I open my eyes and focus on Fiona's arm movements. She does them slowly, sometimes two or three times to demonstrate if I need it and try to mimic it back to her. I feel like I'm all rigid and stuff compared to how graceful Fiona is, but I gotta keep trying to remember she's been doing this a lot longer then me.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona's face was passive, and her nature one of patience as she guided Michele through the series of soft, circular, open handed movements ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I've gone from rigid to jello and I feel like my arms are just flopping around just to do something. I just hope none of my frustrations are leaking onto my face.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona turned around then, aligning herself the same way Michele was facing, than moved through the form again for her ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Okay, this was much harder because I really had to rely on remember some of the movements on my own. Some were okay because there was a pattern involved with the next motion. Some royally sucked and I was standing their like an idiot, unsure of what to do at times. Sigh.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona turned, sensing the frustration and took Michele's hand ::

"Don't get discouraged. No one is grading you here."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Bah. Caught.

I squeeze her hand. "I just wanted to do it right."

And to impress her. Which I know is stupid of me but I'm really overwhelmed by everything that she does. I feel like I've done so little in my life when Fiona's done so much. It's kinda intimidating.

Fiona Devlin
    "You're trying too hard, instead of letting yourself feel the movements."

:: She let go of Michele's hand and began again ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Sooooo ... I'm not supposed to do it right?" Okay, I'm more confused. I would think that doing it right was just as important.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona reached out and gave Michele a playful shake ::

"You're very tense. We need to fix that."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I can't help but laugh as my head bobs back and forth. "Any suggestions?"

Fiona Devlin
    "A massage." she replied with a serious, but friendly face.

:: She pulled her hair free of the ponytail it was in ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "I should be tense more often," I say with a joking seriousness.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona walks over to fetch her sports bottle sitting beside a Japanese sword stand and heads for the door ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My curiosity overrides the blissful massage waiting for me as I see the sword stand. Fiona has weapons too??? Well, it does make sense. Martial Arts stuff isn't just about hand to hand fighting.

I hop over there and lean over the katana and, um, well little katana? My eyes follow the arc of the black scabbard and even watch myself do that since I can see my reflection on it. This didn't look like one of those cheap pieces of crap you'd find late at night on the Home Shopping network.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona tossed a glance over her shoulder ::

"Yoo hoo, Miss Hawkins." she cooed.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    D'oh! I catch up with Fiona and smile apologetically. "Sorry, I was admiring the sword display."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast