Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Tis That Wonderful Time of the Year!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I sniff back swelling emotions and scratch the top of Perc's head while I listened to her. When I brought myself to look at Fiona, I was held speechless momentarily. She never looked at me like that before. And you know what? I really believed her when she promised me that. I don't know why. It's just the way she said my name, like everything was going to be okay.

"Okay." I smile earnestly and scoop up my feline buddy in my arms, forgoing the pillow.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona's eyes sparkled at the sight of her friend's smile ::

"I have to make a run to the market. Would you like to come along?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "Are we going to get the tree too?" I really couldn't hide my excitement at the thought.

Fiona Devlin
    "We're getting the tree last." she replied. "We'll need to borrow a friend's truck for that."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Oh." I pout. "Oh well. I wouldn't mind coming tho for some fresh air."

I get up and Perc pounces to the floor while I head to my bedroom to put on some warmer clothes.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona pulls a pair of sheepskin eskimo boots onto her feet and grabbed her coat and floppy hat and turned off the stereo system before descending the spiral staircase ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I have a sweatshirt underneath my Kingston's leather jacket and slip on my military boots I got at the army/navy surplus store (I hate to say it but I charmed my way in getting them cheap) and follow after Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
    (AT THE SUPERMARKET)

:: Fiona is meandering down the aisles, loading up a carriage with food to prepare a christmas feast. An enormous turkey, fresh cranberries, apples, sausage, a bag of potatos, cans of gravy, cornbread mix, a huge jar of crunchy peanutbutter, several pie pans, bags of chocolate chips, walnuts, mounds bars and three musketeers bars. Fresh cinnamon bark, fresh nutmeg, several cartons of eggnog, a bottle of Bailey's irish cream, a bottle of Kahlua, and a bottle of blackberry merlot. She looked over at Michele ::

"Let's see, what else shall we get?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I look at her dead in the eye with an incredulous stare. "How about the kitchen sink?"

I swear I don't know what half the crap in the cart is for. Are we having Christmas or Halloween???

Fiona Devlin
    "We've got one of those, but seriously ... is there anything you'd like?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I look down at the cart I was pushing and my hands canter off as I try and think of something. "Honestly. I think you covered everything and then some."

I really don't need anything and I look at the overflow of food in the cart. "Do we really need all this stuff?" I dangle the mounds bars, the most dubious thing we have here besides the musketeers.

Fiona Devlin
    "This is our first holiday together, Michele Hawkins. It's very special."

:: Her cheeks glowed brightly as she grinned ::

"Ahhh, well that's going into the cookie dough."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Okay, well least that made sense now but I still feel weirded out. Fiona has been so wonderful to me and this seems so over the top. I don't need to be treated special.

"You really don't have to go through all this trouble for me, ya know? Christmas is special enough knowing that we'll be together." I smile as bright as her cheeks. "Seriously."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Her eyes widened at Michele ::

"Do you like yams?"

:: and she was off like a shot down the next aisle ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I was going to say yeah (and that we didn't need them) but Fiona shot down the aisle before I could even get enough breath to speak. Why did she ask me if she was gonna run off anyway? She's already halfway down the asile looking over the shelves so I could catch up with her (it's a pain pushing this cart with all this stuff in it! I'm a mule!).

"Hey, Fiona? We have enough food for the two of us. Hell. We got tons, so we really don't need anything else."

I know she wants to make things special for us but all I see is a basket of food that is overflowing with more things then what we really need. My crappy living conditions as a kid just sees it that way.

Fiona Devlin
    :: She tucked the yams into the carriage and looked it over carefully before nodding ::

"Alright."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I look at the two cans of yams and chuckle. "I meant the yams too."

Fiona gave me an innocent look and walked towards the front of the store to check out. I follow suit and start adding up how much this is gonna cost. Now, math isn't my strong suit but when I got to a hundred bucks and saw how much was still left in the cart, my mouth dropped.

Fiona Devlin
    "You'll be happy to have them later." she winked. Soon, everything was sacked and carried out to the car by a high school student. Fiona slipped him ten dollars and wished him a Merry Christmas ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Awww. That was really cool of Fiona to tip the bagger eventho she didn't have to. That's what Christmas was really about anyway. Being nice to strangers and thanking them for their help. Not something you see too often. And because of that, I have a big smile on my face as I get into the car and buckle up.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona noticed the smile as they drove off ::

"What is it?"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast