Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Tis That Wonderful Time of the Year!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    Well, it was obviously something that Fiona liked by the sound of her voice. She gets kinda purry when things tickle her.

"Um, I don't know what that is I'm sorry to say."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona gasped in astonishment ::

"It's a Danny Kaye movie."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    My shoulders drew in closer as I look at her with no recognition in my face. Name isn't ringing any bells.

Fiona Devlin
    "Ohhh!!! You've been horribly neglected!!!" she cried dramatically, then paused to enjoy a bite of fig newton.

"I couldn't have taken you in a day too soon."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I laugh. I find myself doing that more and more these days. "Well, that's true but not really because of that."

I scarf down my newton. Mmmmm.

"But I'm glad you let me move in. One good thing that came from Miklos."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona chuckled at that, almost wickedly ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    She had a look I've never seen before. I narrow my eyes with a grin. "What?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Just the look on his face after I tossed the trashcan through the windshield. You were quite funny too."

:: Her face took on a pixie-like appearance again ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Hah, yeah. That." Now I chuckle a bit nervously. Fiona is wickedly strong for such a tiny frame. So glad she's on my side.

"But me? Funny? You gotta be kidding." I take a sip from my mug and shake my hand in disagreement. "More like a fool really."

Fiona Devlin
    "Don't say that. You aren't the first one he's tried to charm, you know. He's been doing it for centuries."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I roll my eyes. "Oh that makes me feel so much better to know I was the flavor of the month."

Grrrr!

Fiona Devlin
    "I think you may have been more than that. If I had to guess, he wanted to bring you across." she said seriously.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I set down my mug and grab a leather pillow to hug as I shiver at Fiona's suggestion. "Why the hell would he want to make me a Vampire?"

And here I thought I was just Vampire kibble. This is not a fun conversation. Not at all.

Fiona Devlin
    "You have a gift for music. The Toreador like to make such things timeless."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I curl further into a ball, horribly upset by that deduction. Who would have thought that my talent could be a cause for danger? My confidence wanes to try and redirect the conversation to something my mind accepts. "I'm not that good ... I probably really was just dinner."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona softened ::

"Im sorry. I didn't mean to upset you again. We'll not speak of such things."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My lips twitch out a tiny smile. "It's okay. I have to deal with it. I just don't like it."

I take a deep breath. "And you're right. He probably was going to ..." I wave my hand around in the air. "... do that."

It's better to admit it then pretend otherwise. I learned that long ago. I couldn't always pretend my mother was still taking care of me after her death, and I can't pretend that Miklos wasn't trying to make me like him. Scares the hell outta me and I hate it, but I have to accept reality.

I rest my head on the side of the couch, struggling with coming to terms with that.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Perceval, the resident ginger tabby, hops up to greet Michele with an inquisitive mrrrow, nudging her cheek with his own ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Huh? Oh! "Hey you!" I nuzzle my forehead against his. I think Perc (my name for him) adopted me the day I move in. He's been sleeping in my room and always has this knack for showing up when I'm feeling blue.

Fiona Devlin
    "Don't you dwell on it, Michele Hawkins. That's never going to happen."

:: The look in her eyes was deeply affectionate ::

"I promise you."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast