Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Tis That Wonderful Time of the Year!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    "I don't know how to cook tho." My hand slides around her bare waist and I lean down to kiss her.

Fiona Devlin
    "I'll show you ..." she murmured between kisses, surrendering herself as Michele stripped her of her ribbons.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    Christmas Dinner - 6:45 pm

Fiona really cracked the whip after our long break this morning. But we managed to get everything ready in time for dinner. Mrs. Ceffaclio would be here soon so that gave me enough time to finish wrapping Fiona's present. It was wrapped in purple paper and hugged together by pink ribbons and a bow.

I sneak my way into the kitchen and kiss Fiona on the shoulder. My gift is safely hidden behind my back.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona turned around after setting the peanutbutter pie on the counter ::

"What's that your hiding?"

:: She tried to peek curiously as Michele kept turning strategically, and it become something of a waltz between them before Michele laughed and finally stopped teasing ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Okay, okay!" I produce my meager present before Fiona and sigh. I'm nervous if she'll like and I'm not really hiding it well. My foot shuffles against the floor as my head retreats closer to my shoulder. "I wish I could've done more but I hope you like it."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona peeled away the pretty paper. It was Piano Concerto No.2 in B-Flat major, bound in soft leather ::

"I adore you." she said, giving Michele a peck on the cheek.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I blink. She liked it? "You really like it?"

Fiona Devlin
    :: She touched Michele's cheek, and preened her close cropped hair as she answered ::

"Very much so. I know how hard you worked on this."

:: That look was in her eyes again, one of deep affection ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My cheeks blush but it wasn't because I was embarrassed or anything like that, or being uncomfortable in Fiona's presence. It was quite the opposite. I was becoming increasing relaxed around her and blushing was just a normal reaction to the attentiveness she was showing me. I adored every minute of it.

"I'm glad you like it." I kiss her tenderly.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona lingered with the kiss a moment, then broke away ::

"I love you."

:: She set the Concerto on the coffee table and then busily arranged the finishing touches to the dining table ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I go to help out too but that's when the doorbell rings. "I'll get it!"

I open the door and race down the staircase to greet my teacher. "Merry Christmas Mrs. Ceffaclio!"

She gives me a big hug, "Merry Christmas, Michele."

And also a bottle of wine that has a label I can't read. Mrs. Ceffaclio chuckles. "Trust me. Fiona will love it."

"Heh. Don't worry, I trust ya." I smile and lead her up the staircase arm in arm. "Fiona's done. She's just fussing over a few last minute things."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona finished lighting the candles on the table and stepped out to great Mrs. Ceffaclio ::

"Merry Christmas, Maria!"

:: They hugged and Fiona took her coat ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I held the bottle up so Fiona could see it. "She brought wine."

Mrs. Ceffaclio smiled despite the scolding look Fiona was giving her. "I had to bring something. Besides, you'll like the vintage and year."

Fiona Devlin
    "Thank you"

:: She took the bottle from Michele and raised an eyebrow at the year. 1849 ::

"Thank you very much!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My eyes pass between the two and I realize I was missing something. "What so special about that wine?"

Fiona Devlin
    "It's a Claret." she replied, handing the bottle back to Michele to show her the year. She looked over at Mrs. Ceffaclio.

"Shall we open it? The occasion is quite special I think."

:: She flashed a quick grin to Michele and hopped back into the kitchen to carve the turkey ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I'll say, tho Mrs. Ceffaclio doesn't realize quite how special yet.

"You mind? I'll fetch some glasses." I hand the bottle to her.

"Oh not at all." She went into the kitchen to fine the bottle opener and I grabbed the wine glasses off the table.

Fiona Devlin
    :: A moment later, the dinner was served. Turkey, mashed potatoes, two kinds of dressing, (one with cornbread & sausage and one with spiced apples) yams, and Fiona's very own cranberry sauce. Fiona led the grace with a holding of hands, and then a toast to friendship ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I know some families are blessed (or cursed depending on who you talk to) with having so many people around them during the holiday. But there's also something about spending time with the people that matter to you the most that makes the holiday special.

I'm sitting here with only two people but they are the two most important people in my life. Mrs. Ceffaclio is my sounding board and my encouragement and knows I can become something amazing with my gift of music. College hasn't been an easy transition for me, but she has helped me to build up my academic confidence (although admittedly slowly).

Then of course there's Fiona. From insane acquaintance, to boss, to friend and now lover, she's shown me that it's okay to open up and to not be afraid of being who I am. She just makes me feel so happy and I love her deeply for it. She's my reason to wake up in the morning. I just hope that we're not rushing into things between us so quickly. Things sorta did just fall into place, but it was like I blinked and we were in bed together.

I raise my glass and we clink our glasses together after Fiona's toast. My focus remains on her while we partake of the wine (which is amazing by the way). I can't remember a time after my mother's death when I felt so happy and content. Not even with Amy back in High School. I just guess that time will tell if we're truly meant for each other or not. I just hope at the same time next year, her and I will be sitting at this table celebrating Christmas again. That would be the present I would wish for.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910