Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Tis That Wonderful Time of the Year!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani

[WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Tis That Wonderful Time of the Year!

A lot has happened in the last week since my incident with Miklos. Not only did I receive a new perspective to life as we know it, I got intro to Vampirism 101 from Fiona the next night after the attack. So I know about wooden stakes, chopping off heads, fire, the different clans, how to become one (Which really isn't all that different then what I read about), and the thirst for blood. At the club, Fiona pointed out to me known Vampires so I could get a better idea how to spot them. A clueless mortal (me), could actually learn how to pick out their idiosyncrasies over time. What was really interesting is that some Vampires are more monstery then others. In other words, they kept most of their human qualities while others dove deeper into the monster within that craved blood.

Fascinating stuff but it scared the hell outta me. I had to learn this stuff tho since I was sworn to secrecy and it was up to Fiona to be my teacher. So every night when Fiona drove me home (Which there was no arguing against), she steadily increased my awareness of the supernatural. From Vampires we went to Werewolves, from Werewolves we went to Werecats and so on and so forth. Ugh. I had no idea humans had the potential to shape change into so many creatures but I swear if I hear of a Wereorangutan, I'm shooting myself in the head.

Yet, even with all the stresses in my life, I continued on like normal. It was because of Fiona. We were becoming the best of friends. She kept me sane with every new scary tidbit. I know I woulda become a nutcase if not for her but life wasn't always about the freaky stuff going on in the city. Nope. There was normal life too and it was getting really good. I got straight A's in my first semester at college, to which everyone at Kingston Mines threw me a surprise party. Fiona was the ringleader of course, and since we were becoming so close she asked me to move in with her. She absolutely hated that I was living in such a small space. I told her it was free and I looked at it as a blessing. I really am fortunate to even be going to school since I have zero cents to my name. I argued out of pride. Fiona argued out of sensibility. I knew about the Masquerade now and eventually the entire mess of Chicago vamps will learn about me. Just how things go. Some won't care, others will be curious and want to talk to me, others might try and finish what Miklos started. It would be safer with Kung Fu Fiona.

She had a point. I was vulnerable and there was no one else I could turn to so I caved in. I just had to square everything with Financial Aid and the dorming supervisor, which was no biggy. My living arrangements were changing before the semester started, so no worries.

I moved in close to a week ago and now I'm schlepping boxes of Christmas decorations up the stairs to the apartment above Fiona's antique shop (yeah she really did have one!). Woman was determined that I have a 'proper' Christmas since I haven't had one since I was a little girl. She's so silly.

As I enter the living room, I see she's manged to tangle herself up in tinsel and garland, spinning around to get the stuff off her. I raise a brow and set down the box of ornaments on the table and approach with caution. "Do I dare ask how you managed to devolve into a cat?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Devolve? I know some felines who would debate that with you."

:: She plucked a strand of tinsel out of her hair and sat down ::

"Oh good, you brought the last box."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "I'm not talking about those felines." She was referring to the Werecats, and I help pick out tinsel that got stuck in her hair and sweater. "I was just talking about you. But yeah. Everything's up now."

Fiona Devlin
    "The next thing we need is a tree. Would you like to come with me this afternoon?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Yeah I was gonna ask you why you didn't have one in storage downstairs. We going to Walmart or something?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Of course not!!! We're going to get a real tree!!!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I blink, obviously shocked by this news. "Real tree?"

Then the little kid inside me starting jumping up and down and this big corny smile came. "Really???"

I never had a real tree before. Never. Not even as a kid. Mom couldn't afford it one every year and we sure as heck couldn't afford it at the foster home. This was so awesome!

Fiona Devlin
    "Aye, the best tree we can find. With pine cones even!"

:: Fiona reached out and ruffled Michele's hair, inadvertantly transferring some static electricity ::

"Oh!!!! I'm so sorry!!!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Ow!!!" I wince. That was one hell of a spark. I think I heard it too! "No more rolling around the floor for you."

I rub my head.

Fiona Devlin
    "I'm going to make hot chocolate."

:: Fiona padded across the floor in socked feet, the field of static electricity causing stray bits of tinsel to dart at her heels like tiny snakes ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "You probably could start the stove yourself, woman." I hop onto the couch and lay down to stretch.

Fiona Devlin
    "Put some music on, will you?"

:: She scrunched her face up in a pixie-like grin ::

"Trans-Siberians, please."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Of course when I get comfortable she asks this. I roll onto my bare feet and switch out my Rob Zombie CD (Oh so Christmasy that is!) for Fiona's request. I hit random and after a few seconds, Wizards in Winter comes on.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona frolicks in a twisty little dance before skating across the kitchen floor in her socks to put on the hot chocolate ::

"Would You Like Marshmallows???!!!" she called out over the groove ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Yeah that sounds great!" I call back and then dive back onto the couch. I have to say, after caving in and moving, that this apartment rocks. Having all this space to relax in is awesome and sharing it is even better. I've grown quite comfortable around Fiona in a short span of time. The situation caused it but I'm glad it did. Better then being freaked out around her all this time. Plus being around her all the time has helped to calm my attraction to her. My mind isn't wandering as much but my feelings have turned more into adoration.

Fiona Devlin
    :: A few minutes later, Fiona brings a mug of hot chocolate in and sets it on the coffee table, then dashes back into the kitchen again ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Ooo!" I pick up the mug and get a nice whiff of how good it smells. Fiona likes to make things from scratch, not very common nowadays, but it sure does make things taste that much better.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona returns with some fig newtons and sits down on the floor with her own mug. She watched Michele enjoy her drink with a slightly silly grin ::

"Oh, guess what's on tonight?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I lick the chocolate goodness off my lips and thought about it for a moment. "Um, I dunno."

I snag a newton.

Fiona Devlin
    "The Court Jester." she trilled after a sip of chocolate.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast