Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - The Masquerade

Fiona Devlin
    :: The rest of Michele's shift flew by, with Fiona taking the time to hop on stage and jam with the band ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I throw my apron inside my backpack and chuckl, thinking back to Fiona tonight. She tried to coax me to get on stage with her but I chickened out, like always. I mean I could if I wanted to. The Blues might not be my thing but there's always a way of listening to the music and picking up on a rhythm that you can just jump right into. Eh, maybe one day ...

On my way out, I poke my head inside Fiona's office to say goodnight and walk out to the bus stop.

To my surprise, Miklos was there. I go right up to him with pleasant surprise. "I thought you had to buy a painting or something?"

He laughed. "Ah yes, well everything has been taken care of and I came by to see if you wanted to have a cup of coffee with me on this frigid Chicago night." Then he smiles and his eyes were so alluring that I felt my head swimming again. "I ... couldn't wait to see you again and tomorrow doesn't come fast enough, Michele."

I don't even think about. I jump on the opportunity. "Sure!" He leads me by placing a hand on my back and we walk down the block to a coffee shop down the ways. Funny thing is, his hand doesn't leave my waist. Funnier thing is, I really don't mind.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona asked Beau to keep on eye on things while she stepped out for a bit. She grabbed her coat and slipped it on as she walked out the back door ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "You know what?" Miklos slipped his hand around my shoulder and gently pulled me to a stop. "Why don't we go to Jade's?"

"What's there?" Jade's was a high-class cafe that was open all night long on the weekends. I've never been but heard about it.

"They have a piano there." He said matter of factly.

"Oh! Wait ..." I shy away and tuck my hair behind an ear. "I dunno ... I'm not good in front of crowds. I'm not dressed for it either."

"It would just be you, me and a scattering of people." He took my hands within his and brought them against his chin. God he was so cold! "And no one would turn you away. I won't allow it."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona walked down the alleyway towards the main street when two of Miklos' ghouls blocked her path. She rolled her eyes, knowing exactly who they were ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I sigh, thinking it over. Miklos was handsome and spoke of money with his suit, his word usage and demeanor. Me? I have a leather jacket from the place I work, jeans and a sweatshirt and talk like a typical city girl. We were a mishmashed pair.

"Come now." Miklos lifted my chin and slowly stroked my cheek. His touch sent a shiver down my spine and it wasn't because of the weather. "You are beautiful. They will see that and listen to how talented you are. Your clothing will not matter to them."

My cheeks boil over. It was like he read my mind!

Fiona Devlin
    :: Back in the alley, the first ghoul was down, his face contorted in pain as Fiona stepped over him. A smile played about her lips as the second ghoul pulled a knife on her ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Um ..." My throat is so dry now and I don't know what to say. I've never felt like this before... Well, no. That wasn't true. Of course I had. Around Fiona.

Miklos' eyes narrowed. I presume because he was waiting for an answer. "Come on."

We already crossed the street and was heading to his car and I honestly don't remember walking this far. The club was just a half a block away just a second ago. "O ... okay."

"Just a little further and then you can warm up." He pointed to a silver mercedes sedan and the headlights flashed twice.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona broke out of the alleyway, leaving the second ghoul sans his right arm as she tucked her sword beneath her coat. She saw Miklos and Michele approaching his car, and her voice rang out loud and clear as she stalked towards them ::

"MIKLOS!!!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Fiona screaming breaks me outta the strange trance I was walking around in. She was fuming and coming towards us with purpose. I look over at Miklos who simply held up his hand. "Your boss doesn't seem to approve of me. I will take care of this, Michele. Wait here."

I’ve never seen her so angry like this and I’m very confused as to why. It was actually kinda irritating.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Not breaking stride as Miklos approached her, Fiona unleashed a flurry of punches, punctuated by a spinning backfist across the jaw that sent him staggering ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Okay. What he hell is going on??? Miklos is getting the crap beat out of him by Fiona for no reason!!!

"What are you DOING???!!!" I don't know what else to say. Fiona is scaring me. She never once hinted she could fight like that and Miklos has done nothing wrong to deserve this!

I watch him stumble backwards but he amazingly doesn't get knocked off his feet. He shook his head and actually ... laughed?

"Fiona." He spat on the ground and I saw blood. I can't believe this is happening. Why is she doing this? "I did as you asked."

What does he mean asked?

"I saw Michele outside of work." He ducked under a kick. "Not at your club as requested. You can't lord over her and you're making a terrible scene in front of her."

Okay, now I'm pissed. I'm not that stupid to put two and two together. Fiona made him leave. Grrrrr.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona halted, her eyes still narrowed at Miklos ::

"Go home, Michele Hawkins."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Oh I don't think so Ms. Devlin. You have a lot of explaining to do. "Like hell I'm leaving!"

Miklos turned towards me and smiled appreciatively. It was short tho. His attention was mainly on Fiona. "See? You cannot make her do anything she doesn't wish. Of course, I am curious as to why you are so ... protective of the young lady."

She's insane, that's why!

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona's mouth curled into a sneer as she scoffed at Miklos, and walked past Michele without a word. Pulling a trashcan from a nearby alley, she hauled it up and hurled it right through the front window of the sedan, filling the front seat with garbage. She stood glaring at it, then burst into a girlish giggle as she looked at Michele ::

"Oooops."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "You've gone mad!!!" I know my eyes are pleading for an explanation but I'm mostly a mixture of angry and confused.

But things get even stranger. Miklos flies over the sedan, literally. I'm talking a good three feet clearance over the hood as he tackles Fiona to the ground.

"You damnable woman! I'll kill you for that and your interference!" I stumble away from the car and hear how his voice is different. It's deep and harsh and carries a growl at the end of his sentences. He sounds more like a monster from a B movie horror flick then anything else.

In fact, as I move around to try and yell some sense at them, I notice that he doesn't just sound like a monster ... He is one!

I scream and trip over a crack in the sidewalk, sending me on my butt. Miklos has fangs!!!

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona laughed mockingly, squirming beneath Miklos as she hit the ground. Then she gagged as he wrapped his fingers around her throat and squeezed ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Ouch! My tailbone isn't the only thing killing me right now, so's my head. My temples are throbbing but even through the pain, I'm thinking a lot clearer now. I remember hearing Miklos whispering inside my head and going along with what he wanted me to do eventho I didn't want to. What the hell was he?

I hear Fiona yelp and that breaks me outta the trance further. I shake my head hard while getting to my feet. I lunge at the garbage can, grabbing it by the end and swing it out so I hit Miklos. It really wasn't pretty. It was very sloppy but I did manage to clip him on the back of the head ... but he kinda snapped his neck around and I got a really nice look at those fangs and crazed eyes.

Well ... at least I made up for my girly scream ... Eep!!!

Fiona Devlin
    :: Out of the blue, a handbag came swooping down on top of Miklos' head ::

"You leave these girls alone, you here me?!!!"

:: An elderly black woman loomed over Miklos, and she gave him another swat for good measure ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    A bright powder blue bag smacked Miklos in the face. It was rather comical and I probably would have laughed if not for the seriousness of the situation. I watch him stand up as the flurry of handbag swats continue. He kept looking over at us but the woman wouldn't allow him to say anything every time he tried to open his mouth. I don't get it tho. He could easily have taken down that woman but he didn't lay a hand on her. Instead, he kept backpedaling.

I take the opportunity to kneel down by Fiona to see how badly she's hurt. Miklos, or whatever the hell he was, was really strong. There were bruises on her neck already. My eyes started to swell. "That bastard ..."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast