TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

Question How did you find SW-Fans?

To new and old alike - how did you find SW-Fans (or, where did you come from) ? I'm paticularly interested in how our new posters have come across our little section of cyberspace.

I followed my brother from the Crazy "Butt" Message Boards, which were run by TSC member Fox609 (I may have his name incorrect). Itala Marzullo and Banestone (my brother), Fox609, Xinzx and Fox's girlfriend Amber were all members there and also members of The Sith Council, way back in 2000.

Anyway, they convinced me to start RPing and the rest is history.
    Last edited by TheHolo.Net; Sep 2nd, 2006 at 09:16:41 AM. Reason: Added topic tag.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

An insane RPer at Gundam Wing: Battalion (Gundam RPG forum) had SWF in his profile. I was Khendon Sevon there then became Khendon Sevon here

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I sense a trend.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Charley
    I found a link to Jawafortress on TheForce.net, back when I was looking for Phantom Menace spoilers. From Jawafortress, I came to Swfans, and I eventually stayed here.

And that, kids, was a long time ago. I was in high school for crying out loud.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I was a member of a Final Fantasy ezBoard, where Big Bad Naga (later known as Nichos Marr and Seth Darkserpent) posted. He had a link to The Sith Empire in his signature, and I decided to investigate one day!

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I was bored and Shawn linked me.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

A new tagline!

SW-Fans: Come if you're bored.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
    A new tagline!

SW-Fans: Come if you're bored. We have cake.
    Fixed.

I used to post on an old ezboard (DBZ Cracked, I believe?) where a few people from Fans posted, and my younger sister posted as well. She introduced me to TSE.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
    A new tagline!

SW-Fans: Come if you're bored. We have cake. Or Death.
    Fixed again.

Tony Maxwell
    Lilaena, my real life Aunt, brought me and my brother, known to you as Rognan Dar, to SWF after we spent around a year reading posts over her shoulder during the time she lived with us. We were always badgering her with questions about how roleplaying worked, what her characters were like and all about, and if we could ever roleplay. For me I had to wait until I was old enough and started roleplaying shortly after I turned thirteen. And the rest, as my Aunty put it, is history.

Jaime Tomahawk
    Been here since before day 1. That dont count as finding I guess.

Good grief, have I really been around SW-Fans for over 7.5 years?????

QuiGonJ
    Mai dunno. I was doin da briskie morning munchen, saw an article for Star Wars vs. Titanic, followed it, and pow.. meesa here.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I used tp have a good laugh doing a bit of Star Wars table top roleplaying with Peter and a few other mates. I had been searching long and hard for various Star Wars information to create a new storyline, and I had in mind something to involve the Sith, so I'd been throroughly researching Sith history. Long story short, I stumbled upon The Sith Council (now the Sith Order) which was run by Itala Marzullo. I had a goosey through the forums and found myself really interested; I'd never heard of forum roleplaying before. I made the account for Gav Mortis that day, June 13, 2000, and when I became a member, I found a link to SWFans and my first thread was Thrawn's Death Star thread - it was so ridiculous it was funny. Me and Peter running rampant with Eclipse and Sovereign class Super Star Destroyers.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

I started out on the StarWars.com chat rooms hosted by talk city, then I was linked here by I can't even remember his RP name, but his christian name was Johnathan. That had to have been six years ago. My first major thread was Operation Long Knives, I do remember that.

JMK
    Originally posted by QuiGonJ
    Mai dunno. I was doin da briskie morning munchen, saw an article for Star Wars vs. Titanic, followed it, and pow.. meesa here.
    Ditto. Was looking in to the pre-TPM vs Titanic hype, and came across the forum. Over 7 years ago now. Holy cow.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    The very epitome of old, brace yourselves.

I was on webtv back then, I was twenty and I had briefly forsaken my love for Vader for Darth Maul, briefly.. After coming across interesting sites like the DMEB and such I found my way to ChatCity, from there to the SW TPM chatrooms, regitered an account and became chummy with people like General Scorpion and Darth Daiquiri. Lady Razielle became my first long term character, she was in The Sith Council and a few other random places whose names I am either just plain not bringing up or have forgotten.

After I got my first computer I left "the chats" for good and joined TSE and the Coven.

Danni Reyok
    You can thank Karl Valten for showing me this site. I fell in love with this place right away.

One of the only things I'm glad he showed me. . .all of you guys are great!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Sw-Fans.net: Bringing Siblings Closer Together Since 1999

Litika Dor
    Had, under extremely serendipitous circumstances too convoluted to relate here, met a guy named Andrew at a music camp. Sent him an email when I got home and started pestering him over IM for the next few months, until finally we ran out of stuff to talk about and he offered to help me get started with something he called "RPing" at a place that, had I any idea what I was doing, would be right up my little geeky alley.

Someplace called SWForums. And Rhea Kaylen was born.

EDIT: And on the subject of siblings, my RPing got my curious little sister wondering what the heck I was doing, and I kind of helped her get Linn O'Connor off the ground. Since then she's created roughly seven thousand four hundred twenty-eight new characters and become slightly obsessive with it. She frightens me.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

I met a couple of people on the forums at theforce.net. One of which, Organa Solo, had a nice little ezboards that I use to pester her at. She started up some rogue squadron RPs, where Snack first got his taste of RPing in late 99. From there she showed me a place called The Gungan Council. One day in March of '00, I wanted to find a lightsaber to put in my awesome table sigs that people had back then, and one of the resident gungans linked me to Rama's... TSE. I got my lightsaber, and deciding to prod around, found Fans through a link.

yay

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast