Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Help Wanted

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    The pie was so good, I scarfed it down and nursed my coffee. Embarrassments aside, I had a fun time today. I doubt I'll ever have an interview like this again. Heh.

So by my calculations, I have about four weeks of third shift. I'll have to make arrangements with Fiona for when school starts up again but I have a suspicion that won't be a problem. She very accommodating towards me and I appreciate it deeply.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona returned to the table again and sat ::

"I'm glad you stopped by. You're really helping me out here."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "No, thank you for hiring me." I took a moment to stare at Fiona over the coffee cup (What? She's cute) and then smile. "I'm glad Mrs. Ceffalio told me."

Fiona Devlin
    "I owe her one. She was kind enough to send you. Would you like the rest of this in a box?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My eyes grow big with glee and I set down the cup. "Really? That would be awesome though ... I doubt it would last the night."

I laugh. "I guess I just got dinner!"

Fiona Devlin
    "I'll also get a bag for your things."

:: she lingered in silence a moment, waiting to see if Michele wanted anything else ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I wasn't sure what Fiona was waiting for. Was I suppose to say something or do something?

Maybe.... ?

Nah.

"Thanks. Be easier to hold everything on the bus that way."

Fiona Devlin
    "It's a bit nippy to have to wait for a bus. Would you like a ride?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I smile appreciatively. "Please don't go outta of your way to take me home. You've done enough for me today. I've survived worse."

Which is true. The weather around here can be 32 degrees one day and then -15 the next day as the wind chill takes over during the winter. And yeah, it's really hellishly cold, especially with the clothes I wear. I think of it as stamina training. Heh.

Fiona Devlin
    "If you're sure."

:: She didn't push it, not wanting to make Michele uncomfortable ::

"Put on the Jacket though. That'll keep you good and warm, that will."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Of course." I stood up and put on the jacket. It was far warmer then my crappy one and it smelled wonderful. Fresh new leather is hard to beat.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow then right?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Aye. You take care."

:: She handed Michele her things and watched her walk out the door.

Two minutes later, she walked up the sidewalk and waited next to Michele at the bus stop as non-chalantly as possible. She stood quietly, her eyes scanning the distance beneath her floppy hat as the wind blew at her pink cheeks ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I have my head tucked in tightly to lessen my exposure to the cold. Heck, I even have the hat on to give me warmth but the sharp cold burned my nose as I inhaled deeply. In an odd dance where I get up on my toes and twist my arm around so I don't have to pull my hands out, I check my watch.

3:48pm. Buss should be here in five minutes.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona didn't speak, although her eyes did shift to glance at Michele as she whistled a tune to pass the time. It was Greensleeves ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Someone was whistling a tune and I turn around to find a familiar floppy hat.

"What are you doing out here?" Fiona certainly wasn't waiting for the bus so it baffled me as to what another reason could be. "Did I forget something at the club?"

Fiona Devlin
    :: She turned to look at Michele, breaking tune to answer her ::

"You can hardly expect me to take any comfort in the fact that you're out here in the cold while I'm indoors. So I'm going to wait here until your bus comes to take you home."

:: Then she turned and continued the tune again, little puffs of frost escaping from her lips ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "You're crazy!" I finally said it, but with my adoring humor attached to it. "I've done this for years Fiona!

I shove her playfully towards the club, all the while laughing. "Get back inside!"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona let herself be pushed a step, then sang aloud with a twinkle in her eye ::

"Alas my love, ye do me wrong, to cast me off discurteously ..."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I stop dead in my tracks, not knowing what to think anymore. I mean, is she flirting with me or just being playful? But she's always playful, and not just to me, so the line is very blurry. Well, at least to me it is.

The bus pulls up with the driver honking for my attention. Guess I'll continue guessing on the ride home.

"Night, Fiona." I wave and hop onto the bus, slip the change into box and take a seat street side, my first chance all day to hide from her.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234