Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Farewell to Mortality

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I pet her hair as she cried in my arms. I really didn't think I'd ever get to see her again. I'm blessed in my victory.

I thumb her cheeks as she pull away and look at Balan, "Um, we can't just leave him here."

Fiona kinda left the part out about cleaning up after a duel. Ain't I lucky she came along. Heh. I'd probably have to call her anyway since I'd have no idea what to do.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona stood, helping Michele get to her feet. She looked more concerned about finding Michele's sword ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "Okay, okay." I got the hint. We'd attract attention soon because of the ruckus Balan's death caused. I walk over to the toppled over bench and pick up my sword, placing it back inside the folds of my coat.

Fiona had followed me and I stare at her in confusion as we head back to the car, "Shouldn't we do something tho?"

Fiona Devlin
    "He won't be missed, if that's what you're worried about."

:: She wiped the wet hair away from her face and started the car ::

"Trust me."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I open my mouth to tell her I do trust her but that would be a lie considering my actions this night. So I simply nod and turn on the car heater to warm us up. I flip the visor down to get a good luck in the mirror at how bad I look. My hair is wild and wet, and there's a nice bruise starting to form on the side of my head while my nose is twice its normal size all bloodied to hell.

Yeah, I'm a picture of beauty.

Fiona Devlin
    :: The drive home was silent, with Fiona's attention totally focused on the road ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I kinda got the hunch that what I did was finally hitting Fiona. She was too quiet and that worried me. However, the pain I was feeling was beginning to subside the closer we got to the condo and much of the swelling was gone too. This Immortal healing thing is nice.

I look at myself in the mirror again and see my nose is back to normal tho it hadn't fully healed. I wonder if I'm healing faster because I took a head ...

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona walked to the kitchen and reached for a towel to dry her face ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My sword went back inside its case and I peeled off my wet trench, hanging it over the shower rail inside the bathroom. I got another good look at my face and it looked fine, save for the caked blood under my nose and the tiredness in my eyes. I wash my face with soap and water and I'm surprised I didn't flinch. I wiggle my nose. No pain? I move it around with my fingers and stare at my reflection. It's like it was never broken.

I grab a towel to dry off and head out into the living room, peeking inside the kitchen to see how Fiona was doing. I honestly didn't know what to say without making her angry. Well, anymore angry. Being silent seemed like a good idea until she said something. She was just so hard to read right now ...

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona's eyes caught her movement, and she walked into the living room, pacing back and forth in front of Michele. Then she pointed her finger theatrically and her face was a wide eyed snarl ::

"DON'T EVER ... DON'T EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!!!"

:: She poked at the air ferociously ::

"EVER!!!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I lean backwards away from the finger pointing and wince as my lecture was about to begin. Fiona was still suffering from a mixture of relief and anger, and I'm willing to bet our neighbors could hear her through the walls, and not in a good way, heh.

Now, I do realize that this was going to happen to me the moment I returned home, whether my girlfriend found me or not. But hell, it was worth it. I don't mind this being my reward. To be able to see her beautiful face all puffed out upset with wet strings of hair hugging her adorable cheeks. I'm alive! That's all that matters!

"You know," I flash a charming smile like I did nothing wrong, "You really are sexy all riled up like this."

Fiona Devlin
    "What???"

:: Fiona looked blown out of the water, then her eyes narrowed ::

"This isn't funny!!!"

:: She fought desperately as the corners of her mouth curled into a smile ::

"Damn you, Michele Hawkins."

:: She was blushing ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    When I heard her say my name like that and watched those adorable cheeks blush, I knew I won.

"Seriously," I step forward and take her hands in mine. I speak with a deep sincerity and give Fiona the answer she deserves with kidding aside, "I had to know if I could do it and I know you wouldn't let me. Not by myself. I wanted him gone with no distractions so we could be left alone. And ... now he is gone."

I can feel a fire burning in my eyes that wasn't there before. Tonight taught me a lot about myself and that I really am ready for this life. I'm stronger, faster and full of confidence now. I just need to be careful as the Game continues and not get in over my head. Luckily, I'll have Fiona to reel me in. Otherwise, she'll take my head!

Seriously, heh. Only time will tell and we have all eternity to find out together.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345