Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

I take Miami over Detriot, I can't stand Wallace. I wouldn't mind seeing the Clippers getting there, but I am not sure if they can win game 7.

jjwr
    I'm hoping for a Mavs vs Heat finals, I'm sick of the Pistons as well and quite annoyed they won the Cavs series. If a fairly one dimensional Cavs team can almost beat them then the Heat have more than a fair shot.

JMK
    Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    I take Miami over Detriot, I can't stand Wallace.
    Which one?

Did I hear correctly? Did the Suns outscore the Clippers 45-0 from 3-pt land? That's unbelievable. I really wanted Cleveland to knock of Detroit, but you had to know that once they didn't finish them off in game 6 Detroit would put it all together and take game 7. I thought the same thing would have happened to the Spurs. I was sure they were going to erase that 20 point deficit and turn Dirk into a laughing stock. Instead, the Mavs hung in tough and got rid of the boring champs.

Originally posted by JMK
    Which one?

Did I hear correctly? Did the Suns outscore the Clippers 45-0 from 3-pt land? That's unbelievable. I really wanted Cleveland to knock of Detroit, but you had to know that once they didn't finish them off in game 6 Detroit would put it all together and take game 7. I thought the same thing would have happened to the Spurs. I was sure they were going to erase that 20 point deficit and turn Dirk into a laughing stock. Instead, the Mavs hung in tough and got rid of the boring champs.
    Rasheed of course, he is an idiot. I thought the Spurs were going to win too, I thought for sure that they would let Duncan hit that last shot and win the game. I am glad they didn't, I just want to see a different champion for a change. A Mavs-Heat Series would be perfect, IMO.

I love Big Ben, but yes, Rasheed is a head case. I think the Mavs/Suns series should be a fun one to watch. Most of those games should be shootouts. The Suns aren't going to play any kind of defense and the Mavs will probably have to go small to keep up with them. It should be great to watch.

I'm ignoring the Heat/Pistons game until the Yanks and Sox are over. NBA playoffs aren't enough to pull me away from my favorite rivalry.

Man Game 5 tonight was wild. Dallas dominates first quarter then pheonix cuts the lead from 13 to 3 before halftime, then they dominate the third quarter and take a seven point lead in the 4th. But Dirk takes the game over and they score 10 straight points. Wild finish to that game.

JMK
    50 for Dirk. And 10 boards. It's been a long time since someone put up numbers like that in a playoff game.

Everytime I checked in on that game a different team was in control. Dallas needed that win or they would have been hurting. Dirk took over when his team had not only blown a 15 point lead, but they were down by 7. I expect the Suns to win at home and force a game 7 in Dallas. I'm pretty sure the Heat and Pistons have their game 6 in Miami tonight. Man, if the Heat don't finish them off tonight they're going to have all the pressure on them in game 7.

JMK
    If the Heat don't win tonight, they're toast. History is so overwhelmingly on the home team's side in NBA game 7s. I'm starting to think the Pistons sometimes put themselves in huge holes because they're so good that they get bored and need to create challenges for themselves. Quite a fine line to walk, but they just won't go away.

Well Dallas won in San Antonio but yeah it is very very hard to win a road game 7. That is why I think the Suns have little chance I think Dallas will win in seven. I think whoever they get in the East will have a tough time playing Dallas.

jjwr
    I'm starting to think the Pistons sometimes put themselves in huge holes because they're so good that they get bored and need to create challenges for themselves. Quite a fine line to walk, but they just won't go away.
    Nah, they're just so good that they can come back and make a series of it even after they are down and most teams couldn't.

The Cavs weren't good enough to put them away but the fact it went 7 games tells you something about Detroit. Shaq could have a huge game tonight and if he does its all over.

Don't forget this number from the last game 6 of 20 - the Heat lost the game at the line, the Pistons played well but if the Heat hit thei FT's then its a closer game and could have gone either way.

The Heat blew the game because of foul shooting, I agree.

Great First Half for Miami, especially Shaq 19 points. Wade starting off slow, although Jason Williams is picking up the slack. Man Hamilton can't hit the broadside of the barn.

Game becoming a blow out, Wade really showing something in that quater considering he has the flu. He had 10 points. It took Detroit almost 3 quarters to get to 50 now that is embarrassing.

I watched some of the game. Too much Shaq and Wade for the Pistons.

Yeah it was just a blow out, Shaq was too good. I think they will meet Dallas. The best thing we will have a franchise that had never won.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

If the Heat win the championship, think Shaq will retire?

JMK
    I don't think so. But I guess it's possible. I believe he's still under contract and would be leaving a TON of money on the table.

sirdizzy
    I am glad the teams I really don't like the pistons and the spurs are gone.

Too me the best of the playoffs is happening in the west dallas vs phoenix. Both of these teams are so much fun to watch that the finals will be a let down.

You are probably right, it is because of Phoenix's style they are in every game. If they could some how win, I think they will kill the Heat. The Heat just can't play that kind of style, now Dallas is a different story. They are not the uptempo team they used to be. They can manage in that style but they rather play half court.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast