Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [WoD] Random Acts (complete)

"Da." They traveled in silence after that. There would be questions enough and time to ask them once they reached the haven.

Reaching the relative safety of the haven, Katarina was relieved to find that the others from Russia were already there. It seemed that her party had been the only one crashed, the others reported that the missions had been a success. And a better haven had been discovered and would be watched for the next few days to make sure it would be perfectly safe. Uri and Sheila were paticularly proud of themselves, if not exhausted.

The Archbishop downplayed the Camarilla attack, making it sound less serious than it had been, and quickly locked Sergei, Fyodor and herself in the basement room that was now her own.

They were very tired, but there was still a bit of work to be done this night. "The very thought that one of Cain's children, in this haven, has sold us out is distasteful. But Sergei you are right - it must be so. Sunrise makes us safe, but by nightfall this haven should not be considered safe any longer."

Sergei Vishnyakov
    “I don't trust Montague... there is something dangerously disorganized about these London Cainites,” Sergei said, as he fell back against one of the rooms modest beds. “It feels as if there is no unity here... they are united by situation, and lack of other options, rather than an actual bond.”

Fyodor nodded, "The rituals have not been kept up, either. They have no priest, in any of the packs. The blood bonds made are too weak. Once we are away from here we must renew them - but finding the traitor must be the priority."

The Archbishop mused, "Montague is a poor leader, I will give you that. But selling out an Archbishop to the Camarilla is a bold move I would not expect from him.

"Though that may be his plan all along."

Sergei Vishnyakov
    “He seems far too craven and inept to have orchestrated such a betrayal,” Sergei observed, closing his eyes. “But perhaps I underestimate his cowardice. How might we go about weeding out the bad element?”

Katarina tapped a long finger on her lips. "Perhaps we should be renewing the vows before we move to a new haven. And tomorrow night, we take Montague with us for observation."

She looked at Fyodor, "Tell the others we cannot trust the Londoners. Quietly. They are to keep their eyes open for any deceptions, small or large."

"I shall be as discrete as the grave, Archbishop." Fyodor bowed. "We shall find out who is behind this, I have no doubts."

She raised an eyebrow and dismissed the priest, one of her ghouls locking the door behind him. Sergei looked at her blandly. "I have my suspicions about the Bishop, though it may be any one in any of the packs. Once we have a more solid lead, renewal of the blood oaths should draw him out. Or bind him to us once more.

"For punishment."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123