Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Old Reality Meets New

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    "Oh my god!" I kiss her and jump up from the couch. "I need to pack!"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona's face was a mix of mirth and astonishment. All she could do was laugh. Then she wandered into the kitchen ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    I was giddy as I fumbled through the closet and drawers, picking out several sets of clothing for possible weather changes. Shoes, jackets, socks, underwear, bras and socks all piled up after the attire choices. Bathroom essentials would be next but I wanted to pack all of this first. Problem was I had no idea where the hell the luggage was. I certainly don't have anything.

Shuffling my way back to the living room, I pouted in defeat, "All my work and no luggage."

Fiona Devlin
    "Don't worry about the luggage. Have some lunch first."

:: She pulled a tray of stomboli out of the oven ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Couldn't resist an invitation like that. The food smelled delicious.

"Well since packing is on hold, maybe you can tell me what we're going to do and see in Vienna?" My eyes grow dreamy, "We have to go to the Opera House!"

Fiona Devlin
    "We have plenty of time to wander, and yes we're going to the Opera House."

:: she served Michele her plate and joined her at the table ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I dig in and enjoy my meal. I'm not the ravenous beast of two days ago, thank god. "Are we going to meet some of your friends too?"

I smile, "I know you didn't just randomly pick Austria for us to hide in."

Fiona Devlin
    "No, it's just us." she replied between bites.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "But there's still work." I raise a brow and already know the answer. It's wishful thinking to ask. "Right?"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona's smile grew wider as she shook her head ::

"It can wait til we get back."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "But ... you were adamant about it a couple of days ago." Considering how Fiona was so scared about my well being. I found this rather confusing. Not that I don't mind but it's odd she changed her mind.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona nodded quickly. ::

"You do need one, that hasn't changed."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    She meant a sword. Only way I could protect myself against another Immortal is with one. Otherwise, there goes my head and final death.

I sigh and stab at my food. "Are we getting it in Vienna?"

Fiona Devlin
    "I have a blade downstairs for you, if it's to your liking."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I frown and focus on my food, not really wanting to see the look on Fiona's face in regards to my current expression of disfavor.

"I don't have any knowledge on swords. How am I suppose to know if I like it or not?"

Now I'm being a brat, hoping to put off the inevitable.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona smiled ::

"You'll just know." she laughed and rose from the table.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I grumble and toss down my fork, defeated, and stand up too. See? Inevitable. I just had to ask. Guess I should just get this over with. I'm just nervous. Holding that sword in my hand makes me accept who I am now and I'm still scared of finding out who that Michele is going to be.

Fiona Devlin
    :: They took the elevator down to the shop and Fiona led Michele to one of the many storage rooms. She took an elegant looking sword down from the wall and presented it to her ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My arms are crossed and I scrunch my nose like the swords on the wall were diseased ridden. Fiona knew exactly which one to pull down and presented it to me.

It was then I scratched the side of my head since I was wrestling with myself. I hated the damn thing immediately because of what it stood for but ... It was also really beautiful. I've seen Fiona polish weapons with care before but she always paid special attention to this one. Guess I know why now, eh?

I can feel my hand retreating from the hilt. Didn't even realize I almost held it. But I forced it back and traced the hilt design curiously. It was simple but very elegant. A skilled craftsman did excellent work to carve the small patterns in the hilt.

I liked it.

Damnit. Guess Fiona was right. I would know right away.

Fiona Devlin
    "This sword was forged in Cordoba. I carried it myself, for a time."

:: She pointed to the inscription on the side of the blade, and read it aloud to Michele - YO SOY LA COLADA ECHA EN LA ERA DE MILLE QUARENTA (I am "La Colada" made in the year 1040) ::

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast