Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [WoD] An Unexpected Guest (COMPLETE)

Crowley
    There was an... unusual tone to the immortals voice. Crowley began to frown slightly, as he studied Fiona's expression in silence. There was something that she wasn't telling him.

“Yes... the taint of the Wyrm is palpable. It's growing stronger, somehow.”

Fiona Devlin
    "I suspect some in the Camarilla to be less than concerned if Pentex sets up shop here."

Crowley
    Crowley give a thoughtful mmm.While Chicago was a hub of all things supernatural, it was the kindred who had sunk their fangs into the city the most. Their grip was ironclad and their tolerance of the cities Garou tribes stemmed only from their fear of what should happen if they challenged the Lupines.

“The Camarilla give concern to very little besides blood, power and the Masquerade.”

Fiona Devlin
    "I try my best with them. The alternative is much less appealing."

Crowley
    Crowley's knowledge of the Chicago Camarilla was limited. He had spoken with individual vampires, now and then, but more often than not they were vagrants or members of the so-called Anarch sect. He could never be certain how much of what they said was truth and how much was 'anti-Cammy' propaganda. Idly, he began to fiddle with his ring again, not realizing he was doing so.

“You do business with them?”

Fiona Devlin
    "Some of them yes, some of them no."

Crowley
    It was not unexpected that Fiona should have allies, and enemies, among the vampires. After all, while they were not Immortals, they were immortal, and as such could provide long-standing friendships and business partnerships. Of course, that didn't make them any less of a plague on the planet.

“I see. How do you decide who you do and who you don't?”

Fiona Devlin
    "I choose my alliances carefully."

:: she went back to the kitchen to fetch another drink ::

Crowley
    “Very wise,” Crowley nodded and, in Fiona's absence, took a long sip of his drink – still nursing a good three-quarters of the glass.

“I can't say that the kindred are my biggest fans,” he confessed.

Fiona Devlin
    "Yes." she nodded. "That is why I would offer you protection."

Crowley
    “You're offering me protection?” Crowley quirked a brow. It would be handy to have someone watching his back, and a partnership of any kind with Fiona was likely to be beneficial when it came to keeping up with the goings on in Chicago.

“... and what do you expect in return?”

Fiona Devlin
    "Let's just say, I want you to live." she smiled.

Crowley
    “Now there's something we have in common.”

The Corax cracked a smile. He lifted his glass to take a drink, but stopped himself, a thought occuring.

“I have to leave for California tonight, but I should be back within a week or so at the latest. Perhaps then we could get to talking more?”

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona laughed at the Corax ::

"Get out of here."

Crowley
    That was that. It was more than a little frustrating that what he had deigned from his first meeting with the Immortal Fiona was limited at best, but it was not entirely fruitless. In her he had surely made a useful ally. After he was done with his investigations due west he would certainly return to her for what would hopefully be a more revealing conversation.

Setting down his glasses, Crowley rose from his chair and neatly pulled on his jacket. He smiled.

“If you'll excuse me...”

It was as if his feet vanished from beneath him. The transformation from man to bird was seamless, something to be proud of. The raven circled once back over the chair on which C rowley had sat before sailing off out of the window and into the sunlight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123