Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [WoD] And All That Jazz.

Martin Le Roux
    Martin shook his head, still smiling.

"No, most of the time she makes things up." He said, winking at Michele.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I blush and sip at my soda. "So, how is it that Chicago became a hobby for you, Martin?"

Martin Le Roux
    Martin took a little while to answer.

"It's, well, interesting. New York has always had a busy atmosphere, but Chicago has a focus to it that attracted me. Besides, after New York's jazz phase, Chicago has had better local music." He explained.

Sierra
    Originally posted by Ezra Khaine
    Ezra turned to face Sierra, "Do you require any payment, anything at all?"
    I smirk. “Just the satisfaction of kicking the crap out of these nuts when we do find them.”

The Lupine turns around and I nod. “So what's the plan? Some recon in the sewers? Maybe I can hook up with a couple of old Nossie pals of mine. Can't say they'll be completely happy to help,” I pause, looking sidelong at Ezra, “but maybe we can come to some kinda deal.”

Ezra Khaine
    "No," Ezra said as he turned away and looked up at the cloudy night sky, "No others. More people will just make things confusing and confusion can kill," He turned back, "Yes, we'll scout out the sewers, but first, I think we should arm ourselves. I don't think my little cane sword is going to be of much use against the weapons of the Silver Hand. I have an apartment not too far away. I have weapons hidden there and a... Ally who can help us," With that said he turned and strode away without even looking to see if they where following him. As much as he hated to lead them to current hideout, it was a must because he knew that one flimsy sword between the three of them would not be enough to combat the Silver Hand.

A half out later they walked up to an old apartment building. They entered through the creaking doors and took the stairs up to the third floor. Ezra's room turned out to be number 9 and the door had quite a strong lock on it. Ezra pulled out a odd looking key and unlocked the door, "Right in here," He said and pushed the door open.

The room was dark, even after the light was turned on. It was quite bare except for a bed, dresser, and several large boxes. The windows where covered with thick drapes and there was not a reflective surface to be seen, "Tzar!" Ezra called and as he said it the bathroom door opened and a horrifying figure walked in. It was a ghoul, but a Lasombra ghoul. It wore a shabby looking black business suit with scuffed up shoes. A hood covered move of its head and a featureless white mask covered it's face. Most ghouls were hunched over or at least slightly bent at the back, but this one stood tall and proud with its arm at its side. The image it created was more of a butler then a monster of the night, “A gift from my old master,” Ezra said as he walked over to one of the crates and pried the lid off, “Quite a unique ghoul. Most intelligent one I’ve ever known. Quite useful,” He finished before pulling a long object from the box. It was a 12-gauge shotgun, “Do you use weapons, Jonas?” He asked as he nodded his head towards the boxes, “I have guns, knives, swords, and even a few hand grenades. All illegally gained, of course.

He set the shotgun down on his bed and turned back to the crate again. This time he pulled out an AK-47. He slid a clip gracefully into place, “Take anything that suits your fancy. Because, believe me, your going to need it.”

Jason Dreggs
    Dang elevator's took to long what was with this princes and living on the top floor. All of them even this Peterson guy he was suppose to meet had a thing for heights. Maybe it was cause they got to look down on all the little people he didn't know for sure but that was what he was thinking.

He thoughts then drifted to Egypt for a moment. Although he was honored amongst the anarchs as the man that drove the setites out of Alexandria he couldn't help but think of all those that played even bigger parts then him. Those that got little or no credit. He also thought for the moment of the dirty deeds himself had to do get the setites out, especially the deal with the Camarilla he helped set up. Then got royally screwed on in the end but still his fellow anarchs in Alexandria honored him why he had to wonder for moment.

He knew he had originally been sent to Alexandria as sort of a death warrant yet in the end he made out big. His master had abandoned him and the anarchs had no Idea what to do with him so they sent him there to fight for them and hopefully die for them. Yet here he was in Chicago now going to visit a prince on behalf of the anarch bosses he served. No doubt this meeting would be interesting. The elevator finally hit the top floor and the doors slide open it was time to face his new competition he guessed as he stepped out into the entrance hall.

Jonas Bellinger
    Jonas gazed at the weapons, almost drooling. Almost. Smiling, Jonas turned his attention to Ezra.

"Not really. Some weapons incumber when shape-shifting.....But I am in the market for a nice, high-frequency, lazer-sharpened katana.... If you happen to have one, or two, laying around, I'd be more than glad to take 'em off your hands....."

Looking around at the other weapons, amongst all of these, Jonas picked up two Desert Eagle .50AE magnums, the holsters, and then, six clips on a belt. Strapping them on, Jonas smiled as he checked the sights. He almost thought of firing off a shot, to test the sights, but he figured it was probably accurate enough for a hand cannon.....Jonas puts back on his jacket, and grins that toothy, wolfish grin.

"I'm ready to go when you guys are."

Ezra Khaine
    Erza went rummaging through several crates before emerging with the desired blade in his hand, "An old favorite," He said he pulled the Katana from its sheath, "Quite old but still very sharp," He handed the weapon over to Jonas. Ezra took the AK-47 and several extra clips for it. A knife and scabbard were attached to his belt along with a rapier. He grabbed a single hand grenade and the last Desert Eagle he had, "Anything for you, princess?" He asked as he strapped his hand gun on.

Sierra
    The fact that the Lasombra was keeping a malformed freakshow of a ghoul didn't surprise me. Those haughty types always had their minions on hand to do their dirty work. I watched as the walking carpet armed himself to the teeth.

“You really need all of that? Figured you would be able to do more damage with your little finger than with ten of those,” I said, nodding at the sword he'd just been handed.

I smirk at Khaine asks if there's anything I need. “I don't play with knives, but this...” I picked out a SIG X-Five and a couple of magazines, stashing them in my shoulder bag. “This I can do. Let's go.”

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona was lured to the dancefloor by the music, knowing that Michele would be safe in Martin's company. She danced, uninhibited by the fact that she was surrounded by several Kindred ::

(I hear the roar of a big machine
    two worlds and in between
    hot metal and methedrine
    I hear empire down
    I hear empire down

I hear the roar of a big machine
    love lost, fire at will
    dum-dum bullets and shoot to kill, I hear
    dive, bombers and
    empire down
    empire down

I hear the sons of the city and dispossessed
    get down, get undressed
    get pretty, but you and me
    we got the kingdom, we got the key
    we got the empire, now as then
    we don't doubt, we don't take direction
    Lucretia, my reflection, dance the ghost with me

we look hard
    we look through
    we look hard to see for real
    such things I hear, they don't make sense
    I don't see much evidence
    I don't feel
    I don't feel

I don't feel

a long train held up by page on page
    a hard reign held up by rage
    once a railroad
    now it's done

I hear the roar of a big machine
    hot metal and methedrine
    I hear empire down

we got the empire, now as then
    we don't doubt, we don't take reflection
    Lucretia, my direction, dance the ghost with me)

Ezra Khaine
    Ezra dropped the AK-47 and the rapier into a black bag and slung it over his shoulder. The ghoul, Tzar, donned a black trench coat and followed after Ezra as they left the building. He locked the door behind them and then headed outside. It was very dark outside now, but that was not a problem for the four. All vampires had good night vision and the Lupine could smell his way through the darkness. It was not apparent if the ghoul even possessed eyes but he followed behind them all the same.

A half hour later they were standing over a manhole in the middle of a deserted street. According to Sierra's information the Silver Hand were spotted frequently in this area and it was only logical that this was their exit. Ezra reached down and pried the manhole cover and tossed it aside with an ease that did not appear possible, "Let’s go," He said and then dropped down the hole. The three others followed soon after him, "Smell anything Jonas?"

Jonas Bellinger
    Jonas smirks at him.

Yep..... Crap. And the occaisonal puddle of urine or pile of puke....."

Jonas takes a few steps forward.

"It may be difficult for me to smell things out. The smells are a bit overwhelming down here. Picking them out, sorting through them may take some time...."

Taking a minute or two to smell the air without actually sniffing it, merely breathing it, Jonas looks about as he gets a whiff of leather. Leather? In the sewer? And it wasn't anyone else in the party. Sure, they were wearing leather, but the smell had already been taken into account. And then another whiff. Of blood. Jonas starts forward, motioning with his hands.

"This way."

As he started forward, he spoke quietly to Ezra.

"When this is said and done, Ezra, can I keep the blade and guns? I'll take some out of my payment, if you wish.....They are quite nice...."

OOC: My apologies......thought I did edit them before I posted them. My mistake.

Ezra Khaine
    "Keep them, think of it as a gift between friends," Ezra replied as he looked through the darkness. To his vampire eyes it was like being in the sunlight, although things were not bright colors and everything was kind of shades of gray, there was not any color down here anyways. They rounded a corner and came face to face with a startled man. The man did not even get a chance to cry out or raise his rifle before a tentacle like appendage reached out of the darkness and wrapped around his throat and snapped it like a twig. The Abyssal hand retreated back into the darkness and returned to its proper place in the abyssal realm. He noticed the look on Jonas' face, obviously it was something he had never seen before, "Nothing to worry about, just one of the many... gifts bestowed upon the Lasombra Clan. Now let’s see what this chap was up to," He crouched down and picked up the dead man's rifle. He pulled the clip out of the gun and looked down at the visible bullet at the top, "Mmmhmm, thought so. Silver bullets..." He stopped as he pulled the top bullet out and discovered it was not silver. He checked the next few bullets, "A silver bullet every four standard rounds. It would appear that the Silver Hand does not possess the funds to arm its warriors with entire clips of silver. This is a good thing; it means they are not as powerful as we thought. Let’s move on."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    "Hmm. I do enjoy jazz but my heart is classical. That's my passion." I know I sounded distracted and I really didn't mean to be rude, but it was obvious I turned nervous again. I was cut off from my social mouth piece who was now busy dancing.

Jonas Bellinger
    Jonas, after seeing the display, shook his head.

"And I thought I was the demented one......you make me look sane, my man."

Continuing forward, Jonas grumbled.

"I wanted a piece of him.....And standard rounds still hurt....."

Looking back to Ezra, Jonas smiles.

"That trick of yours must make you the life of the sexy parties....."

Jason Dreggs
    Jason walked into Peterson's dimly lit office. Peterson was standing at his mini bar poring to glasses of scotch. He didn't even turn to look at Jason but knew he was already there.

Peterson: " Your late mister Dreggs?"

"I can't help it my plane arrived late and your elevator takes so dam long."

Peterson: " You shouldn't keep a prince waiting you know that."

"Sorry I'm not one for camarilla politics."

Jason was surprisingly calm for being face to face with the prince of Chicago. He didn't have any fear of this man because he figured him to be nothing more then a puppet witch was usually the case for most princes.

"Well I'm here to present myself as all anarchs have to in this foul city. So you know me and my face can I leave I got other business to attend to?"

Peterson: "Have a drink with me first, indulge me for a bit will you?"

"What kind of game is this?"

Peterson: "No game, I just want to know which rumors about you are true and which are false?"

Peterson walked up to Jason then and handed him one of the glasses. Peterson had a smug grin on his face as he stared into Jason’s eyes for a moment.

"Well as you can now tell one of the rumors is false that I diablorized my master. I don't have the eye's that are a tall tail sign."

Peterson: "So now I know you where a 6th gen by birth, witch is kind of odd don't you think.”?

"Stranger things have happened you know that Peterson."

Peterson: "So which rumor is true Jason did your master diablorize her own or was there an actual curse with her own master."

"I don't know and even if I did I wouldn't tell you cause it's none of your business. I am what I am so deal with it."

Jason set down his glass on Peterson’s desk with out taking a sip of it.

"You know I'm here you know what I look like and now are business is concluded."

Peterson: "Don't cause any trouble while you’re in my city and don't think you can pull half the stunts you did in Alexandria Mr. dreggs. We will be watching you."

"I wouldn't have it any other way Peterson."

With that Jason left the princes chamber and after another long elevator ride he hit the streets of Chicago.

Sierra
    I follow in silence behind the pair, covering their exposed backs, as Jonas's nose leads the way. The sewer was rank, but I was used to it. The Wolf Pack had dealings with the Nossies now and then, and I had a few contacts in the warrens on the south of the city. I spent a lot of my mortal life on the streets and it hasn't changed much since I 'died', so I don't mind the grime as much as others might. I'm not much shocked by the Lasombra's display of power, those his uttering the words 'a gift between friends' makes me smirk. Lasombra aren't friends with anyone besides themselves – and especially not with Lupines. As if Jonas would need this guys friendship anyway.

Ezra Khaine
    "Yes, but only the best parties," Ezra commented on before standing up and moving down the hall again. Now he held his rifle tightly in his hands. Although he had the abyss' forces to call on and attack with, he still preferred to use mortal weapons. They tended to be more reliable, "Smell anything stronger yet, Jonas?" He asked as they turned as he looked down the tunnel. It stretched off for miles, or so it looked, and there were pipes that split off from it as well. It would take weeks to search them all.

Jonas Bellinger
    Jonas stopped, sniffing visibly. He knelt to the soiled and dank cement ground, gathering the aromas, most not so pleasant, in his nose. The unpleasantry of the scents didn't bother Jonas; born a Lupus, smells were more along the lines of sensations then pains, ans were thus beyond the feeling of disgust. It was just another unusual patterns of scent. He could smell distinct things. Leather, a waterproofing agent, oil from the guns, the different tangs of the metals off of weapons and off of the pipes that ran throughout the myriad tunnels, and......a slight blankness, a lack of certain scents, namely skin, hair, perspiration..... Crap. Jonas spoke quietly.

"This could be a problem. We could be walking into an eventual trap. They're using a Scent-a-Way bodywash. I can't smell the natural scents. I can only smell what they're carrying. And it's lots of metal weapons, and some involving oil, most likely gun oil for lubrication in the chambers....."

Taking another deep sniff, Jonas got more scents: gunpowder unignited, gasoline, kerosine, and silver. An audible growl escaped him. They were definetly using silver, though it was in small traces, like Ezra thought. But one of them had a good bit of it on them. The smell lingered still, concentrated instead of spread out like the latter scents. Maybe a sword or something else silver. They seemed to be hunting for creatures with the weaknesses of silver and flames with the ignitable substances, and using a scent eliminator said that they were smart enough to realize that they were working against things with a superior sense of smell. Namely either the more bestial of Kindred, such as the Gangrel, or a Garou or the other shape-changers that worked on scent. Either way, the combination boded badly for the three. But Jonas did get a definite trace: it seemed to come from the east. Jonas smiled. The group was methodical: they rose in the east, with the sun.....the flames of their weapons would be powered with the sun. Definetly a Kindred-hunting group. The Garou was a complication. He was a complication. And, oh, how he loved to complicate things......

"Well, we go east, where the sun, and the hunters, rise.......This is definetly a bunch of slayers of the Kindred. They may be expecting Garou, but with the scents going to the east, they are lairing with the sun, and that makes them Kindred hunters. Garou aren't xenophobic.....we don't go cripsy, though we can burn with flames. These guys are using kerosine and gasoline, maybe flamethrowers of Molotovs. So we approach with caution....."

Ezra Khaine
    Ezra nodded his head, agreeing completely with the Garou's diagnosis of the situation, "We have no choice. We either leave and come back later or we eliminate them here and now. Personally I'd rather remove them now then wait for them to kill me in my sleep.

"You have no fear of fire or light, so it will be up to you to confront anyone weilding or standing near either, while It shall be our..." He motioned to himself and the female vampire, "...job to deal with anyone wielding silver," He turned away and looked down the way they had come, "Tzar!" He yelled and at once the odd Ghoul appeared, walking in a near march as it came to it's master's bidding. The ghoal removed it's trench coat as it sensed the battle to come, "My Ghoul can fight and take a considerable amout of damage. I think you and Tzar should lead our group. Tzar is quick, agile, and strong, for a Ghoul, and your sense of smell will always keep us one step ahead. Is that agreeable?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234