Thread: FIRST LOOK: Batman sequel teaser poster...

FIRST LOOK: Batman sequel teaser poster...

... featuring the Joker. Totally sick (in a good way):

Ok ok, it's a fake. But I think it nails the look better than Nicholson's 1989 Joker from the original Batman.

The image above is actually a redo of an image of the character Gwynplaine from the 1928 film "The Man who Laughs", played by Lon Chaney:

You wouldn't want to meet this guy in a dark alley.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

Yeah Lon Chaney was a master in makeup, he could make himself look truly hideous.

The Man of 1000 Faces - pity he died in the 1930s and so isn't around anymore.

(Quick trivia - Lon Chaney was also up to play Dracula, but his untimely death saw the role being given to Bela Lugosi)

Anyway, I'm sure they'll find someone they can dress up accordingly to do the role, and if necessary dub in Mark Hamill for the voice (if he doesnt play the role himself).

I am sure they will find someone. The last two rumors I had heard was Paul Bettany and Johnny Depp, who knows if either one has any truth to it.

The last two rumors I heard were pretty sweet; Hugo Weaving as the Joker and Hugh Jackman as Harvey Dent. I think both of those guys are perfect. Jackman is a major improvement over Tommy Lee Jones and Weaving could make the Joker his own without worrying about comparisons to Nicholson.

I don't see Jackman in Batman he is committed to doing the wolverine movie which probably will be shooting at the same time as the Batman sequel so he won't be playing Dent. I rather see him stick to Wolverine anyways he fits the hero role better. I would like to see them pick Guy Pierce as Dent but that is just my opinion.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Jenny
    It would be great to see Guy Pearce as Dent (weren't there rumours going around about this, or that he was in the running to place Batman himself, a while back?) Though if they then brought Hugo Weaving in as the Joker, then I would end up getting flash backs to watching Priscilla Queen of the Desert...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Joker, Agent Elf.

Nope, just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I don't think I can see him as the Joker. I dunno, but he just doesn't seem insane and smiley enough.

Though Guy Pearce as Harvey would be nice to see. I think he could do a decent job with that role.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Originally posted by Vega Van-Derveld
    Though if they then brought Hugo Weaving in as the Joker, then I would end up getting flash backs to watching Priscilla Queen of the Desert...
    WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME OF THAT MOVIE!
    *grabs head and screams*

j/k

that movie completely destroyed any fear or awe of Agent Smith and General Zod.

Sorry for the bump, but I wish to correct my earlier post. The original actor whom the poster was based upon was not Lon Chaney, but Conrad Veidt.

Here's the IMDB page:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019130/

And the Wikipedia page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Laughs

Turns out Chaney was up for the part but MGM wouldn't loan him to Universal (who were making the film), which gave Vedit the role. According to Wikipedia it was Veidt's character design that inspired the character of the Joker in the first place (note I said character design - apparently Gwynplaine was a good guy). IMDB's trivia section also mentions this briefly.

Just covering my butt.