Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason

JMK
    Well the Broncos are a dirty bunch of chop-blockers, so it wouldn't surprise me if the whole organization was filthy.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I'm not saying they are. But agents of people that want to be traded might.

Well I wouldn't go that far although I have thought it but that is coming from an unbiased Chiefs fan Seriously, the story could be rumor and if it is true, I am sure it will be verified within a few days.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

NFL.com says he's appealing.

Okay the report is correct, I bet he missed a test based on what it said there. Not sure if you can appeal that though.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

It did seem like that, I think it be really dumb if they suspended him for a year because he was on a vacation to clean himself of bad habits.

jjwr
    Word I heard yesterday was that he failed a test, not missed it.

JMK
    Supposedly he failed the test - meaning he took something that is against the rules, but it wasn't weed. Hopefully the appeals process can prove that whatever he was taking is harmless and is part of his yoga studies or whatever.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Looks like Jamal Lewis will get to dip is feet into Free Agency.

jjwr
    Hmm...and I have a feeling Mr. Belechick would be just the coach to get him back to his dominant ways.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...orts-headlines

Lewis envisions a "fresh start" in free agency, saying he would be interested in playing for the Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots or division rival Pittsburgh Steelers.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Well, I'll miss him. He won't be resigned. The good thing is, if Musa Smith--the third RB is healthy as they say he is (broke his leg against Dallas two years ago) then he is pretty good. He is a very Jamal-esque runner, but I trust that Newsome & gang will do the Ravens well.

Originally posted by jjwr
    Hmm...and I have a feeling Mr. Belechick would be just the coach to get him back to his dominant ways.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...orts-headlines
    Two of those teams won't sign him. He might go to Arizona or Green Bay though.

JMK
    I'd say Arizona, but what do I know?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Look for where former Ravens RB coach Matt Simon winds up.

jjwr
    The Pats didn't franchise Vinatieri which most likely means they have a deal worked out and will sign their long term deal before Free Agency....at least I hope!

I'm curious what he would get in a open market.

As for the Collective Bargaining agreement, this could be bad! I was really hoping they would get an agreemnt in place ASAP. The NFL has way too much good publicity going for it to blow it by having a uncapped year followed by a possible work stoppage.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I don't think work will stop. But an uncapped year... Dan Synder will go Crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2348417
    This isn't good news, the NFL has been the only pro sports to have labor peace and now this not sure what will happen now. Also there won't be a work stoppage. The head of the player association said last week they would disband the union before that happened and the owners couldn't lock the players out (they can't because of govt. laws). I am hoping for some 11th hour deal now.

JMK
    They'll come to an agreement. They all (owners, players) know they're the #1 team sport in North America for a reason. They know a work stoppage of any kind would do so much damage. I'm not worried at all at this point.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

New Ram's headcoach Scott Linehan reminds me of someone out of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

jjwr
    If they don't get something done today then the season will go forward without an agreement, next year will be uncapped and the following year will have no CBA at all.

Could be bad! Apparently if an agreement had been reached the Cap would be about 108 Million, if not reached then around 95 Million so teams will have much less to spend starting on Friday.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast