Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason

JMK
    Egde will follow the money. If you wasted your time last night watching the Pro Bowl and you heard his interview, he sounded like a guy who was done with the Colts. He talked about the fact that all he does is produce and he's sure he'll end up somewhere and it doesn't really matter where. He didn't say he wanted to be on a contender, just that he wanted to be somewhere. That usually means that they want to get paid. Big time.

Of course the Cardinals have the stingest owner in Sports, he honestly doesn't care about winning and more about turning a profit. So, he may not even pursue Edge , also there are a lot of RB's on the market. I heard Chris Mortensen say that Edge may not get the money he is looking for and Alexander would be well advised to take what Seattle is offering him, because he won't get that kind of money anywhere else.

jjwr
    Its a tough market for RB's, so many good young RBs are coming into the league that its making it harder to justify paying top $$$ for a Free Agent, even as good as these guys are.

Figure right now you have Edge, Alexander, and Deshaun Foster as FA's and the following by all accounts are available - Jamal Lewis, T.J. Duckett, Ricky Williams, and Priest Holmes.

As a Pats fan I would love to see them go out and get a younger stud RB to compliment Dillon but I doubt it will happen, like most teams they will probably draft a RB and hope for the best.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Prime Time is done.

jjwr
    Some fun tidbits from CNNSI.com Truth and Rumors, Ryan, you'll love this first one...

The Ravens might be interested in placing their franchise tag on running back Jamal Lewis and then trading him for Culpepper.
    -- Baltimore Sun

Ty Law said he expects the Jets to release him shortly, and that he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender. In an interview with the Kansas City Star, the Pro Bowl cornerback said the Dolphins fit that description.
    -- Newsday

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

I don't know if I want Culpepper. Trade rumors around him and baltimore have been going on since the second week of january it seems. To be honest, Culpepper tore all of his knee ligaments and he's got pending legal matters. I want someone who can come in an be effective right from the getgo, not someone who needs a season or two. Besides, I think that if Jamal Lewis wishes to stay in Baltimore, he will be effective.

As much as I hate to say it, the Raiders would be the best fit for Dante of course the Raiders have nothing of value except picks and the Raiders would be nuts to lose a first round picks considering their defense is the worst in the NFL. I also hear Miami is interested in him so who knows where Culpepper will go. Also about Law he also mentioned KC as a possible place he will go, I figure that has a lot to do with Herm Edwards.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I hear the Ravens may trade Ray Lewis.

jjwr
    Well Lewis is demanding quite a bit and at this point in his career he's just not worth it.

A lot of rumors on Jamal Lewis, one is they'll let him go and go with that Chester guy instead.

JMK
    It's no wonder the Ravens wouldn't mind parting with Jamal Lewis, but Ray Lewis? Sure he may only have 2 or 3 more good years left in him and his tradeability will never be higher than it is right now, but he's the face of the team. I think they'd be nuts to let him go.

Well it is more Ray talking at this minute and I don't think Baltimore wants to trade him. I wouldn't trade him unless they could get a lot for him.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If they trade Ray, I might kill myself. The only way I could see myself ever accepting a Ray trade would be if we got a QB who could start right away and a first round pick that allowed us to pick D'Qwell Jackson from University of Maryland and that Jackson become the next Ray Lewis. As for the other Lewis, he's gonna get franchised.

jjwr
    No way they would get anywhere near that for Ray, at most he would get a mid round pick for him.

Ray's overall attitude seems to have gotten old with the team and lockerroom. I've been listening a lot of the NFL network on Sirius and the one point they keep coming back to is the team and a lot of the players are getting sick of him.

And so much for the Dolphins being able to trade Rickey

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2336760

JMK
    Well, it appears that you can't keep a good dope-smoking hippie down:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2336760

In the article his mom says she'd be shocked if he was smoking weed again and bets her life that it's a legal supplement he's taking for his yoga studies, but personally I'm already believing that he's smoking marijuana again and the Dolphins will lose him for good this time.

All across South Florida, dozens of illegitimate children are crying their eyes out wondering where their next meal is going to come from. Curse the NFL drug policy! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Gah. Dammit Ricky, you could have been half of the best backfield in the NFL.

JMK
    I'm hoping that maybe he missed his test, or missed communicating his whereabouts to the NFL and they simply haven't been able to get in touch with him while he's in India.
    I'm probably wrong...but it just seems so odd that a guy who seemingly got his act back together and started contributing again would do something like this, especially with his livelyhood at stake.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Well its odd the story first broke in Denver. I smell foulplay.

Yeah until it comes down from the NFL I treat the story with doubt.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Not saying the Broncos would, but if they are dealing with the Fins for Ricky, wouldn't it make sense to hurt his image nationally then say "Hey, we'll give you this pile of horse crap for Ricky."

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast