Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: NFL Pick'em: Wild Card Weekend

JMK
    Boy, that Sean Taylor is a real piece of work:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=2285708

I knew that he had caused all kinds of trouble in the past, but I didn't know it was that much.
    Taylor was a nonstop source of trouble for the Redskins in 2004 as a rookie. After a game against Cincinnati, he was investigated for spitting at receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. The NFL carefully reviewed tapes to determine whether Taylor should be fined, but they found no video evidence to support the allegation.

Taylor also faced a drunken driving charge that was later dismissed, a fine for skipping the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium and several in-season fines for uniform violations and illegal hits. He is currently awaiting trial on a felony charge of aggravated assault stemming from a June 1 confrontation near his home in Miami.
    What a tool.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

You didn't know? Oh, well, I guess living in the DC area, I hear more about it. He's got so many problems. Especially with spitting.

JMK
    I knew about the first paragraph of problems, but not the second.

Speaking of tools, how about Marcus Vick?

JMK
    Yep, another winner.
    So he announces he's not returning to college after his stunt because he doesn't want to face the consequences of his actions, but what NFL team would want a head case as their QB? Isn't that the place where you least want your player to be a perp/head case? Someone will probably take a chance on him because of his name, but if I were Marcus Vick I'd thank my big brother Mike for every cent on my contract. They say these kids are college educated, but exactly how much time, and how hard do they study in school? I'm sure the majority do their work, but guys like Marcus Vick and Sean Taylor...you can't tell me that these are smart guys.

jjwr
    Sadly I'm sure most get a free ride and don't really have a clue, from high school up through college they have everything given to them and they act like it. Course not all are that bad but all it takes is a few bad apples to remind us bad some of them can be.

As for Vick, I'm sure he'll get drafted but he wasn't exactly lighting it up in College so its not like he'll be a 1st RD pick like his brother. Someone will draft him, he'll probably play in NFL Europe and ride the pine for a while.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I could see someone moving him to WR... or trying to anyways.

Vick could have come back to college, but not VaTech. Beemer kicked him off the team. The only choice Vick had to stay in college was to transfer. Now he not only announces he's going pro without any sign of remorse, but apparently last night he brandishes a gun at some fast food joint and today he was charged for it. Basically, this kid is a spoiled rich brat and very different from his brother. I think his brother may have been way too generous with him while he was still in high school and he obviously was too immature to handle it. He was looking at the 2nd round before today's charges. I think he'll be lucky to go in the 3rd or 4th round now.

JMK
    Yep. His stock plummeted today big time. Mike's not the brightest bulb in the pack either but at least he kept himself out of the police blogger long enough to get himself drafted and uber rich.

jjwr
    Before the gun incident I was reading 2nd day pick at best so thats 4th-7th round.

Originally posted by sirdizzy
    Actually Carr the last time Denver lost a home playoff game was in 1996 to the Jacksonville Jaguars, the only other time they have lost a home playoff game ever was in 1984 to the pittsburgh steelers so if that was the game you were reffering to man you have a long memory because I barely remember that game and I have been a fan my entire life.
    Well I thought I read Pittsburgh beat them in Mile High somewhere, I guess I missed the Jackonsville part. When you bring that game up I kind of remember it now, that was some shocker, that was the year New England made it to the SB with Parcells.
    As for Marcus Vick the guy is a moron, I have no idea what goes on in his brain.

sirdizzy
    That jacksonville game like I have said before was the second lowest moment of me being a bronco fan (the first is when they lost to the giants in the superbowl and i was 9 and cried after the game). We were huge favorites we went 13-3, the #1 seed and it was shanahans second year as our coach. Jacksonville was a 2nd year franchise team and should have been blown out of the water by us. But we lost 30-27 in a very exciting game to say the least.

The reason everyone was so big on that game was because both Jacksonville and Carolina went to their conference championships and everyone was talking about a all franchise superbowl. Of course they both loss to Green Bay and New England and the packers went on to win it all but that year showed how much parity is in the league now days where 2nd year teams can almost make the superbowl if done right.

Yeah that was a heck of a year as I recall. I am surprised you didn't mention the 90 SB blowout to the Niners, of course everybody and their brother knew the Niners would win that game. Although to me that Redskin lost was the worst of their three SB defeats. That was the one they should have won.

sirdizzy
    I was numb by the time we lost to the niners. When we lost to the giants we had a good game and we had a chance, it was heart breaking. The skins game was tough too because on the very first play Elway hit Ricky Natiel for a 92 yard TD pass and we were up 10-0 at the end of the first quarter. Then the skins scored 35 points on us in the 2nd quarter with a bunch of nobodies.

So the 3rd superbowl in 4 years against the best team in the nfl that year or almost any year and us without our starting running back who got a freaking DUI during press week and was suspended for the game I was numb. The game was hard to watch but it didn't break my heart like the giants or the jags did.

Yeah I can imagine that, of course I don't think anybody could have beaten the Niners that game. Montana was just amazing.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213