Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exclusives until we puke

JMK

Link Exclusives until we puke

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/pro...id=SWCMTP00001

How many more of these things can we be persuaded to buy?
    Anyone getting one (or more), or is that even a question?

QuiGonJ
    Agreed. It's gotten past silly.

JMK
    Yeah, way past silly at this point, what with all the repaints, re-issues, variants, exclusives etc...the thing is we keep gladly buying them, and so do thousands of other fans. We're addicted and that won't likely change any time soon.

I'm sorry, it's all MY fault.

Actually, I just passed on one of the recent Battle Packs, the Throne Room set. It's a chance to get 2 Royal Guards, but they're the POTF2 versions not the spiffy ROTS RG's and the other 3 figs are repacks as well. Great for newbies or young kids, but crap for collectors. I do like all these special ops clones that are coming out. I ordered a couple of the ones at StarWarsShop.com and I'll definitely be getting the other ones as well.

JMK
    I knew there was one person behind this! Damn you!

The battle packs are a neat idea, but like you said most of the figures are repacks stuck on a fancy background. I have the Jedi vs Sith because it has an Asajj Ventress, a different Grievous and the Obi Wan with Clone Trooper armor. I believe the Anakin is unique as well.

I'd like to get the one with Commander Bacara and the Assault on the Jedi Temple but that's it. I doubt I'll even see them around here though.

JMK
    Not really an exclusive thing, but can someone tell me what the hell the point of this is:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...lecorpack1.jpg

If this is what SW collecting will turn into (repacking same old product, with new packaging and different figure combinations) then I'm officially going to pull the chute. There's really no need for this at all.

Yeah, that's the K-Mart crappack. From a kid's standpoint, it's not all that bad. You get some Jedi, Dooku, a Silver Vader, and a Royal Guard. For collectors it's packaged garbage. I'm not going anywhere near it but there are probably some MIB completists that will go after it. I'm staying as far away from it as possible.

JMK
    I just hope that SW collecting doesn't go down that road. I'd rather SW collectibles to die altogether than to become a cheap bastardization of the line.

Mr.MojoRisin
    I love the multi-pack stuff, but at 30 bucks a pop, I'm going broke fast.

JMK
    May I ask what about it you love?

Mr.MojoRisin
    I don't know to be honest, I love clones, so I love the clone packs, although, they aren't articulated, The Jedi Temple assult is cool, because of the 501st troopers, and I love the throne room pack because I love that scene. I know most of them are just repackaged figs, but I guess I just like grouping of them. Not enough to pay that much though.

The only drawback to the JTA battlepack IMO is that it's a K-Mart exclusive and their prices are ridiculous. At WalMart and TRU you can pick the sets up for $20. I still haven't opened up my JTA but it won't stay in the box for long.

Those are repaints with brand new bases. I think they look great and I'll be picking them up. The Target exclusives have been a pain to track down and these will probably take some work also. Ughh.

JMK
    I've already alerted the parents and have them on guard. I don't know when they're coming out though so I asked them to be vigilant.

JMK
    http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/pro...duct_id=104370

The most HORRIFYING exclusive yet. What the hell is this? Why not a purple with green polka-dots one for easter? This is ridiculous. Unfortunately it will probably be highly sought after.

JMK
    http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05holoemperor.asp

When I started this thread I really didn't expect to be posting a new exclusive nearly every other day, but so far that's been the case. Another TRU exclusive - Holographic Sidious.

People are hoping that's not the final product (Vader). The packaging looks neat, but the figure looks as if it was puked out by a bear who ate a whole tub of red jello. Nasty.

JMK
    I get the sense that this is the reason why they're releasing images of that figure already. The early opinions aren't even close to being receptive of this piece of crap. EVERYONE hates it. Hopefully Hasbro takes note of it and does something about it right quick.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Originally posted by Jedieb
    People are hoping that's not the final product (Vader). The packaging looks neat, but the figure looks as if it was puked out by a bear who ate a whole tub of red jello. Nasty.
    Agreed! Looks hideous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast