Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus is coming to the USA - sign up for a stopover!

Cat Terrist

Marcus is coming to the USA - sign up for a stopover!

It's not a totally 100% done deal, but if my house gets sold, I'm cashed up and I will be looking to get out of australia over Christmas / New Year for... personal reasons. Mainly, I think if I stayed Christmas would be very hard for me to cope with.

This is the scetchy details -

Arriving in LA somewhere about 22nd December

I think I want to spend Christmas by myself, unless someone in Califoria is willing for an Aussie interloper, which I realyl dont want to do, I'd be a misreble SOB I think

Up to Oregon to see Holly / Mitch

MidWest stop over New Year

Down to Florida after that and annoy Morg.

Homeward about the 9th January

The only way I can see this working without a hell of a lot of micro running stops that will frankly leave me with no time to spend with people is to have 'hubs' where I can meet as many people as possible. I know Christmas will be a hard time to work something out for LA people, but I simply will never be able to get there any other time, unless I reverse some dates and make LA last.

Okay, there's the rough idea. Looks liek I'm coming, so if you want to see me, gimme some ideas how to make it happen. The only date fixed is New Year in the Mid West.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    nobody gets to be miserable on christmas if I can help it, mister.

And sign me up

Jason Dreggs
    what do you consider the mid west? cause I live some where near dead center of the mid west or at least what most americans coin the mid west.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Kansas?

We need to get more posters from the NorthEast. That way, when people do these tours of the states to visit fellow posters, I won't feel left out.

Though I hope this trip plan goes as planned for ya, it might be good and what ya need. Hell, everyone needs a vacation to get away from it all.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
    We need to get more posters from the NorthEast of England
    Fixed for me.

Daiquiri
    Youd be welcome to come stay with us, Mark. Southern Illinois is nice

My place is too small for you to stay(unless you wanna sleep on the floor), but I'd love to meet ya while you're in the City of Angels.

Cat Terrist
    Originally posted by CMJ
    My place is too small for you to stay(unless you wanna sleep on the floor), but I'd love to meet ya while you're in the City of Angels.
    Floor is good.

My Mid West stop is sort of near Indianapolis. Now, i have no idea where that is in general to everyone else, so....

Oh boy, i'm thinking I'm goign to be doing a hell of a lot of flying.

Si'l - Somehow the Bama mob and Florida mob should try and meet. It's a given I'm going to to Florida, but having a central meet up point may be a good way of say me getting to Bama, shooting stuff with you guys, then moving onto the Florida hooligans via a meetup.

There's just so many people to meet, how am i going to do it?

Daiquiri
    My Mid West stop is sort of near Indianapolis. Now, i have no idea where that is in general to everyone else, so....
    Roughly between 4-5 hours away.

Nayala Palain
    If you get the chance, we*instert Cali comment here*" must do lunch" or something while you are in LA....

Just let me know before you leave...

Jason Dreggs
    Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
    Kansas?
    Worse South Dakota!

If you go by regional maps from my old highschool geography books South dakota and Nebraska are in the center of the midwest.

Daiquiri
    my old highschool geography books
    Didnt you know the Midwest has been re-centered?? Its now about 5 miles off to my west

Jason Dreggs
    Didnt you know the Midwest has been re-centered?? Its now about 5 miles off to my west
    (It was allong time ago about 7 years ago yet I can remember it plan as day.)

According to it Montana, Wyoming, colorado,Kansas, Nebraska, South dakota, North Dakota, Iowa, minastota, Missouri,wisconsin, and illinois made up the midwest.

Okay so that puts Iowa in the middle but I don't count it as a state It scares me.

Nayala Palain
    dork...

Yurza Magus
    Originally posted by Nayala Palain
    If you get the chance, we*instert Cali comment here*" must do lunch" or something while you are in LA....

Just let me know before you leave...

Agreed.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!

Bah, Texas is a pretty big state, but it seems most avoid or run away from it.

I can't smell that bad...or - *sniffs* Nevermind.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    The only thing that comes out of Texas are steers and.... well you don't look like a steer to me.

Mark you could probably hit Portland or Seattle, either way one of us will have to drive up to see ya.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    You aren't giving me enough time to make the 240SX into something unorthodox

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Best Midwest stopover location is going to be Chicago, for the sake of being relatively centralized for people to gather. Big city, lots to do, plenty of great locations for groups of people to meet. Lodging can be gotten at reasonable amounts for city of it's size. Milwaukee is about an hour and a half's drive north. Indianapolis is 2 hours to the southeast. St. Louis is about 3 hours southwest. That would be your best bet, IMO.

Whatever your plan ends up being, though, I'll certainly try to join whatever get-together may happen.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Call me... Sassypants.

AKA
    TOP SECRET DANI
    an excellent idea! Since I live so close to Chicago Like... 30 minutes

Even so, whether you pick chicago or another town... I would really like to try and meet those getting all together and meeting some of you people finally!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast