Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Pick 'Em, Playoffs: Divisional Round

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

NFL Pick 'Em, Playoffs: Divisional Round

Saturday

New York Jets at Pittsburgh
    St. Louis at Atlanta

Sunday

Minnesota at Philadephia
    Indianapolis at New England

Picks must be submitted by 4:30PM Eastern on Saturday.

Syren Wyssholt
    Saturday

New York Jets at Pittsburgh (W)
    St. Louis (W) at Atlanta

Sunday

Minnesota (W) at Philadephia
    Indianapolis (W) at New England

Cyrel Annat
    Saturday

St. Louis at Atlanta (W)

Sunday

Minnesota at Philadephia (W)

JMK
    Saturday

New York Jets at Pittsburgh (w)
    St. Louis (w) at Atlanta

Sunday

Minnesota (w) at Philadephia
    Indianapolis (w) at New England

jjwr
    Saturday

New York Jets at Pittsburgh(W)
    St. Louis(W) at Atlanta

Sunday

Minnesota(W) at Philadephia
    Indianapolis at New England(W)

W New York Jets at Pittsburgh
    St. Louis at Atlanta W

Sunday

Minnesota at Philadephia W
    Indianapolis at New England W

I am only going with the Jets upset, hey it worked last time I just can't see two 8-8 teams in the NFC Championship game, I think Philly will surprise people and beat up the Vikings and with Vick I think Atlanta will beat the Rams.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

New York Jets at Pittsburgh (W) - Steelers better win, or Im a monkey!

St. Louis at Atlanta (W) - Rams had some luck getting this far, but it ends right here! Michael Vick is going to roll over them like an indian war elephant.

Sunday

Minnesota at Philadephia (W) - Eagles are a lot stronger than one might think, even without TO. Forget the two last weeks, now they are playing for serious.

Indianapolis (W) at New England - One part of me says its wishful thinking. The other part says Pats wont be able to keep up the score with Colts tremendous offense

Saturday

St. Louis at Atlanta (W)

Sunday

(W)Minnesota at Philadephia
    (W)Indianapolis at New England

New York Jets at Pittsburgh
    I think this will be the blowout of the weekend. The Jets have played 3 road games in 13 days. A lot of people think the Jets could pull the upset because of how close their last game was. The Jets are physical upfront, but I think a rested Steelers team is just going to be too much for them. I can see Pittsburgh beating up on them the way they did the Pats and Eagles earlier in the season.

St. Louis at Atlanta
    I really think Atlanta's defensive line is going to get to Bulger. They'll sack him at least a couple of times and knock him down all day. On the other side of the ball I can see the Falcons getting over 150yds on the ground from Dunn, Vick, and Duckett.

Minnesota at Philadephia
    I've got a feeling that the Eagles are going to crush their faithful a week early this year. They haven't played a real game in a month. Their offense is wretched without TO. If Westbrook has a big game then my pick will look like a joke. I think the Vikings will rally around Moss's big fro and butt and pull the upset.

Indianapolis at New England
    Again, if they don't do it this time, the Colts will NEVER beat the Pats. Vanderjerk is stupid, but close, the Pats are ripe. Manning's never had a better chance. A bit of bad news today, Indy's second best pass rusher is doubtful for Sunday. That will make Freeney's job that much tougher. Forget Bellichek, Weis has done a good job of keeping Freeney off Brady these last couple of years. Without Mathis it's going to be that much easier.

Drake Shadowstalker
    Saturday

St. Louis (W) at Atlanta

Sunday

Minnesota at Philadephia (W)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Saturday

Pittsburgh
    Atlanta

Sunday

Philadephia
    New England

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Saturday

New York Jets at Pittsburgh (W) - The Jets only beat San Diego because Schottenheimer reverted to old-time Marty Ball and refused to let Brees air it out. Pittsburgh has weapons all over the field, and a stout defense. Look for them to try to stuff Curtis Martin early and force Pennington to throw the football to beat them, which won't happen.

St. Louis (W) at Atlanta - Atlanta has a good defense, but with a indoor fast track, the Rams are always dangerous. I expect St. Louis to throw the ball deep early in the game, following the simple strategy of attempting to get an early lead and reducing the effectiveness of the Atlanta running attack. If the Falcons have to rely on Vick throwing the football to win, they'll be in big trouble.

Sunday

Minnesota at Philadephia (W) - This game is tough to get a read on. Minnesota looks to finally have things going offensively again, but just when everything seems to be clicking for them, that's usually when something happens to tear it all apart. Philly hasn't played a meaningful game in a month, and without Owens, their passing game drops from dangerous to laughable. Bottom line... if the Eagles are going to get to the Super Bowl, they need their defense to step up and hold opponents to under 20 points, and McNabb needs to be the fantastic playmaker that he has been in the past when plays break down. The X-factor in this game will be Westbrook... he's rested and will need around 70-80 yards on the ground to keep the Vikings defense honest.

Indianapolis (W) at New England - This is the opportunity the Colts have been waiting for. Their offense is rolling, their young defense has gotten better, and the Pats pass defense is banged up. If Manning is going to take the next big step and lead his team to the Super Bowl, he has to come up big against the defending champs. New England has done a good job in slowing the Colts offense in their recent meetings, but this time, the best weapon the Pats will have to defend against Manning will be Corey Dillion. Run the football and control the clock. I expect this to be the best matchup of the weekend, and the most exciting game.

TieFighterPilot181st
    Saturday

Steelers over the Jets
    Rams over the Falcons

Sunday

Minnesota over Philidelphia
    New England over Indianapolis

jjwr
    One fun comment I keep readinga bout the COlts & Pats game, Manning could easily throw 4 TD's in the game and lose 35-28 and people will still say he couldn't win the big one. You really have to feel for the guy, with everything he has done people still doubt him when he's doing everything asked of him but others fail(ie Edge fumbling twice earlier this year).

One comment on the Jets vs Steelers, lest not forget the Jets have some good recievers and the Steelers strength is their line, not their secondary. They create pressure up front and the Jets are great and quick passes into the flat to avoid pressure.

JMK
    I'm thinking of switching my pick back to the Pats. Not that it's a strectch either way in this game, but I'm hearing now that as the precipitation continues to fall, and the weather remains unstable in the northeast, the field is quickly becoming a quagmire and by game time on sunday is supposed to resemble the florida everglades. Apparently the Patroits organization is not doing anything about it, presumably because it goes a long way in slowing down the Colts receivers. Of course, Belichick doesn't really comment on it at all except to say that he's sure the field will be playable Sunday. Ah to have homefield advantage.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Bad weather tends to affect throwing game.. disadvantage Colts then

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
    Bad weather tends to affect throwing game.. disadvantage Colts then

Not necessarily. In sloppy conditions, it's generally easier for receivers to make cuts in their routes than it is for DBs to react to them. The only thing the Colts have to worry about weather-wise is the wind, which there isn't supposed to be much of on Sunday.

Both teams will be slowed somewhat. The team that reacts to it and adjusts the best will be the one that wins.

Usually games in snow are low scoring. It also usually becomes a matchup vs the running games because it is so hard to throw with the ball being ice cold slipping out of the QB's hand. If weather plays a huge role I think that favors the Pats.

Edge needs to have a big game, especially if the field is a mess. If he can churn out some big runs then Manning will be able to hit guys like Clark and Stokley. Both secondaries will be on their heels on a sloppy field. I'm wondering if there will be any early holding calls that will set the NE crowd off and force the Pats to back off the Colts receivers. This is definitely the game of the week. I can't wait to plant my butt and revel in the HD glory of it all!

yeah but NE's stregnth is the front 7 not sure if Edge will do much if there is a sloppy field.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast