Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: To the Abyss and Beyond

Leten Snat

To the Abyss and Beyond

Everybody had slept, Everybody had eaten. Leten got up this morning and quickly went to mee the others at the B&G, where they all had a quick meal and then Leten lead them off to the Abyss, the location where he fell and almost killed himself 3 years ago.

Leten stops at the Edge, and turns to looks back at the others(Marga, Shanaria, Natia, and Rognan).

"Here we are, The Abyss. It's a long drop, and there are likely to be Slugs and Ghouls at the bottom. There is no light down there, so trust the force. If you step in a Slug you have 15 seconds to get out or you are dead.

If you hear a screeching sound that seem to shake your brains, your as good as dead cause if it's that loud it meens the Ghoul is next to you, and attacking. If you have the chance, try and get your lightsaber into it's open mouth, that is one of their weak spots. If you can't hit there you will have to get through it's skin, which is tough enough that it takes two hits in the same spot to remove the limb, be even if you take out three legs it will still attack you. Also it's ears are good enough to hear your heart beating from 3 blocks away, so there is no hiding from them.

As I said before, once we get down there, I will be running to the to the site where I found the thugs, kidnaped street people, and the Sith. Do your best to keep up, and keep a lock on me with the force, that way if you fall behind you will still be able to find me. It will be a 2 hour run from the bottom of the Abyss to the site. I will not be stopping to wait for people. Any Questions?"

Shanaria Fabool
    Shanaria raises her hand.

"I have one." She says looking to Marga "Do you really think your up to stopping us from going SPLAT at the bottom of this hole Marga? I don't doubt that you can, I just want to be sure that you really up to this."

Marga Alton
    I can do this. I can and I will. I'm going to ask though that all of you are close by me so I don't have to have it a large area that I'm affecting.

Natia Telcontar
    Leten, if we don't stay as a group, we'll be taken out one by one. You know for a fact that I won't be able to run for long, let alone for two hours. It will be safer in the long one for all of us if we stay together on this. None of us are skilled with the lower levels except for you and you know that.

And don't you even dare suggest that I stay behind because there is no frelling way I'm going to let you go down there without me.

Rognan Dar
    "Natia is right. If you run ahead then its going to be just you when you get to the enemy. And I do believe you came to get help because you didn't think you could take them all by yourself. So running ahead will help no one and only hurt others."

Rognan had been uneasy about joining in such a expidition. Going into unknown territory was not one of Rogs favorite things to do. And with sith also down there somewhere...it didn't make anything better. He would not have come, if he had the choice. He would have even stopped everyone going be informing the council of what they were planning and have them send more qualified Jedi instead. But when he tried to talk Marga out of going, she wouldn't budge. She wanted to help, and she was just about the only one, at the moment, to get them all down. And instead of Rog convincing Marga not to go, she convinced him to go. He gave in and now, here he was.

"Do you think it would be easier to let people down one at a time? Or is it to far away for you to work that far down?"

Leten Snat
    Leten looks at Natia and Rognan.

"I understand everybody can't keep up, that's why you keep open with the force and keep locked on me. We have wasted too much time and as far as we know the could detonate the explosives in 3 hours, or 3 days but if I can even just slow the progress while the rest of you get there, then that will be worth it. If I get there and it is clear that they are not ready to set things off for some time then I'll hide and wait. "

Leten looks at Natia.

"I know that you are likely to be the only one that can't do a two hour run. I'd be willing to slow down and take two and a half hours to get there, but If we wait with you, you will slow us down too much. If you were willing to let some one carry you with the force for most of the way then it would work, but the've had three days and four nights since I last saw their work progress and they were starting to plant explosives then. We can't wait for you."

He then turns to Rognan.

"If I understand Marga's power corectly it will be the same amount of energy to move one person as to move all of us. I've lived through this fall once before, and it took me ten to fifteen miniutes to hit bottom, falling at the speed of gravity. I was lucky my back pack snaged near the bottom and only snaped most of the bones in my upper body, stoped me for a second, and then let me fall the last 3 floors, landing me on the pile of dead thugs. I lived only due to dumb luck and the fact that the lady that raised me some how knew I was comming, and got me medical attention instantly. It's a long way down, that much I can say."

Shanaria Fabool
    Shanaria gets a grim smile on her face.

"Boy Leten, you really know what to say to get people to want to move forward. I understand that you just want us to know what to expect, but did it ever occure that you may want to leave some of this to yourself, and let us figure it out as we plumet in a free fall for ten minutes without a parachute?"

Marga Alton
    Since I don't know the exact distance down, it would be safer for me to take us all down as a group. If I knew the exact distance, I don't know if I'd be able to do it one at a time.

No Leten, it will take up more energy, but in the long run, taking us all down together will take less energy then if I was to take us down one at a time.

And Shanaria, you won't be plummeting in free fall for ten minutes without a parachute. You'll be falling down the hole, praying like heck that I have a good grip on your with the air currents and that the slightest slip up on my part could have us all plummeting. But of course you don't want to know that so pay no attention to what I just said.

On the fall, it will be of utmost importance that you all make sure that there is nothing to break my concentration because if my concentration gets broken, there's a good chance of all of us plummeting to our death.

Marga says quite calmly.

Natia Telcontar
    Leten, we understand the need for speed right now, but none of us will be of any help if we tired out from the run there. If this Sith is still there and you're there by yourself, he could very well sense you through the Force and decide to deal with you before anybody else can get there.

Also, if you go ahead of us, we'll only be able to detect the direction you're in, not the path we need to take to get us there, therefore, you truly will be on your own to deal with the Sith and all the Thugs and that would defeat the purpose of you coming and getting help.

Rognan Dar
    "Well, I dont know about all of you, but I thought we were in a hurry. Can we save this chat to when we have the time? Because its still going to take us the same amount of time to fall now as it will later. And time, as it seems, is not on our side."

The discussion was getting a little to heated for a bunch of young Jedi going into a dangerious encounter. If he could keep the emotions from going negaitve until the mission was over, he was sure going to try. And with such thoughts, it might be harder for Marga to connect with the others and be able to fully use the Force to slow them down.

Leten Snat
    Leten nods...

"Rognan is right, we need to get going. I guess I can stay back with the rest of you, but I do ask that we go as fast as we can without stopping, and still being able to function at the other side. And Natia don't hesitate to ask to be carried, your legs will be the most worn by the end of this."

Marga Alton
    Ok, I'm going to need you all to stay close to me, though I ask that you not touch me. I might help if the group of you held hands with each other and form a circle around me. Those at the back have to get into the abyss at the same time as everybody else.

Marga points out four spots around her as she says this.

Stay as close to me as you can without actually touching me and no, touching me will not help me keep track of where you are, it will only distract me because either way, I have to keep track of you. So hands off.

Marga says, a slight smile to Rognan. As the others get into place around her, she closes her eyes and opens herself to the Force, locating each party member through the Force, including herself. After she's satisfied that everybody is in place, since it's obvious that she's taken charge for now, she gives the instructions for them to make the jump into the abyss.

As the group of them are plummeting, she's using her air currents to keep the whole group falling at the same level, so those that are heavy are not falling faster then everybody else.

One minute, then five minutes, then ten minutes. At that point, she starts using the air currents to slow them down so that when they are nearing the fifteen minute mark, and only a couple meters off the ground now, she slips into her memories, losing her grip on everybody in the group and the plummet the last 2.5 meters to the ground where the hit jars her back to reality.

Rognan Dar
    Rognan was clam during the fall. Even though he was not sure all that Marga could do with this talent of hers, he was sure that she would pull through in the end. During the fall, he stretched himself out to her, giving his reasurrance and strength to keep going. It was quite a shock that he, and everyone else, was suddenly falling faster. He looked to Marga to see what was happening and saw that she was not with them for the moment.

Reaching out with the Force, he could feel the floor coming up fast. The fall would surely hurt them, not greatly, but enough that could make them slower then they needed. Thinking quickly, he grabbed everyone with the Force, and with telekinesis, slowed their cedent down by moving them in the other direction. The only problem was that he was not able to slow himself down at all. He would fall, and then so would everyone else the rest of the way. But they would hit the ground softer then he would. Bracing himself, he closed his eyes and consitrated on help the others.

Shanaria Fabool
    Shanaria noticed that Rognan was doing after Marga's grip on them let loose and also noticed that Rognan was not slowing himself, likely because he couldn't. So shanaria reacted, and just before Rognan hit ground Shanaria grabed him with the force and stoped him in mid air maybe a foot off the floor, and letting him go once she hits the bottom.

Shanaria looks around at the others, and lotices that every body is safe.

"Well the landing was a little rough but at least it looks like nobody is hurt. Is anybody hurt?"

Leten Snat
    "I'm fine" Leten says as he looks around at the others after they are on the ground again. The floor is still littered with the bones of the 30 some odd thugs that fell down here with him. Most of the bones are broken, as they have been crunched by the ghouls that enhabit the floor.

Leten's eyes adapt to the darkness of this depth quickly since he had been living here for the last 3 years. it also helps that he knows what to look for in the force to identify hazards down here. Looking around the bottom of the Abyss he notices that the Granet slugs have moved in to finnish off the bones.

"Be careful Everybody, we have slugs at the exit we are going to need to use. I know I can jump them, but remember, it doesn't take them long to kill a person. I could find a way around the slugs but that could take a long time to get there. "

Natia Telcontar
    *Natia goes over to Marga to see if she's alright. After seeing that she's alright, she helps Marga to her feet and looks at the others*

Remember, we need to stay together as best we can. At least line of sight. Sorry Leten but you can't go to far ahead of us because our eyes aren't the greatest at seeing down here right now.

Rognan Dar
    "Right. So lets not waste any time now. We can talk on the way there if needed. Leten, you lead, girls follow along and I'll take up the rear. Lets go!"

Rognan did not want to sound bossy, but time was short and he wanted to get everyone going and get a feeling of going so that they might push themselves enough to get there sooner.

Marga Alton
    Marga takes a couple of deep breaths and nods to everybody else.

We can help each other over the granite slugs and that obsitacle will be passed.

Marga motions for Leten to take the lead as Rognan suggested.

Leten Snat
    Leten nods and goes to jump the grannet slugs at one of the entrances, by grabing a beam in mid jump and swinging himself to the other side he then steps back and waits for the others.

Shanaria Fabool
    Shanaria follows suit but it looks like She is not going to make it all the way across, but she is in mid air and there is really not much she can do at this point.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast