Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warming Up the Furnace (Rivin, open)

Je'gan Olra'en

Warming Up the Furnace (Rivin, open)

Inner Rim
    .5 LY from Phourra Minor

With a leftover flash of the Cerenkov radiation that deceleration from lightspeed always yeilded, the Chevalier winked into existence.

Je'gan took a moment to look through the viewport of the old transport as he recalibrated the AI for the requisite microjump. The Phourran primary was slightly brighter than the surrounding stars, a ball of yellow flame large enough to leave a negative image on the eye. They'd be there within the hour, approaching one of the system's two planets.

He glanced back over his cloaked shoulder at the darkened corridor that led to the rest of the ship. Rivin was somewhere back there, product of an unlikely alliance between the two Sith Knights and longtime rivals. The plan was as yet ephemeral, but one thing was certain: the hold contained some rather powerful explosives, crude enough to register on scanners as more innocuous than deadly. Those explosives had come from Rivin and the Molochean Hand.

Dark Lord Rivin
    Rivin was in the back checking on the explosives, making sure that the cloths that were ment to help trick the sensors were all locked down, and that nothing would shift while they were decending to the planet. The cargo manifest contained mining equipment, and food supplies, and since the explosives are just overpowered mining explosives it really shouldn't be a problem, but Rivin always like to keep things safe.

As they come out of hyperspace and manuver to their final hyperspace vector, Rivin comes into he the same room at Je'gan.

"So how long till we are there? I'm guessing it will not be much longer."

Je'gan Olra'en
    "Another few minutes for the calculation, about that again for the actual jump, and then perhaps an hour until we're groundside."

He'd said this while examining the long-range sensor bank, situated just in front of him; now, he turned the low pilot's chair to face Rivin.

"Your people are ready to capitalize on this?" There was, he knew, a minor branch of the Molochean Hand on Phourra Minor; whether Rivin's security company was directly affiliated with the Hand or not, his sources had been unable to say. Genuinely unable: he'd probed their minds at length, possibly without their notice.

Dark Lord Rivin
    "We are always willing and ready to make the most of every situation that comes our way. Which town are we settling down in?"

Je'gan Olra'en
    "Palupatal," he said casually, leaning back and resting his arms on the angular rests. "Nothing like the obvious.

"Once we're there, what - hm. That was quick."

Je'gan's chair swivelled back around to face the main body of the console. His hands found a set of levers and slid them up in their slots uniformly. The starscape blurred and elongated, then flashed into the blue tunnel of hyperspace. He remained facing forward in the chair, hands resting on the dash.

"What do those explosives weigh? In other words, do I need to take control of a random passerby or a speeder's occupants?"

Dark Lord Rivin
    "Opperations that I have a hand in have been persuaded to assist in the off loading of supplies. In the hold we have 5 metric tons of explosives, each 2 kilogram brick is able to level a small office building. If you are having troubles with the math that would come to 2500 bricks of explosives. Once we have landed they will take the explosives to an evacuated warehouse where we can deside what to do from there."

Rivin grins as he makes a final snide remark.

"I'm assuming that you didn't look in the hold after my men were finished loading the cargo?"

Je'gan Olra'en
    "That's beyond overkill," Je'gan retorted, still looking out the cockpit. He gripped the levers again and moved them from slot to slot in perfect unison with a blinking light on the display. The Chevalier dropped into realspace.

"No, I didn't bother looking in the hold. I left that up to you. Apparently, I shouldn't have." He raised a hand to forestall any response from his passenger; the comm had crackled, and a message was coming through.

"Freighter Chevalier, please transmit cargo manifest and destination."

"Roger, Palupatal Control. Transmitting now."

He tapped the keys that would send the pertinent information, then turned to face Rivin again.

"You brought enough explosive to destroy the entire city. Why?"

Dark Lord Rivin
    Rivin Smiles at Je'gan's reaction to the amount of explosives he loaded.

"Because what we do not use for our opperations will be shiped off to my mining opperations on this planet where nobody will bat an eye at this many explosives. Plus one of my warehouses on Thacose Minor was close to being raided, and I mannaged to get the contents to my tempoary storage on Corellia, but thoses the contents are checked ever month so I had to get them out of there before the next Corsec security check. I felt that this would be an effective use of an opportunity. I have no intentions of using this much at this point in time. Though if you want to level the entire city, I would have no quarls with that."

Je'gan Olra'en
    "Good."

"Freighter Chevalier, attain spacelane KZ-089. Please adhere to velocity regulations. Thank you."

The transmission clicked off again; Je'gan altered course as Control had required.

"I don't appreciate, though," he said thoughtfully, "being used as impromptu shipping without my knowledge. I'm about this close to depriving you of one or two high-ranking members of the Hand."

Dark Lord Rivin
    "If you can find any high ranking members in the Molochean Hand, and kill them before they can escape that would be your choice, though most people that work for The Hand don't even know it. So if you wish to kill them I will not stop you from culling the herd, so to speek."

Rivin pauses for a moment, then continues.

"Though I do appreacate your assistance in transporting my explosives. Though I don't see why it is a problem, it's not like We know excatly how much explosive power we would require."

Je'gan Olra'en
    "On the contrary," Je'gan said icily. "The Phorocorp building will require only two bricks. The complete demolition of the premesis is unnecessary - and the destruction of only a large portion of the building will yield greater cover in which to 'work,' as well as more scope for chaos."

Dark Lord Rivin
    "Alright, Correction. You did not inform ME how much we would be requiring. I was unaware that we were only going to take one building. I was under the impression that we would be not only hitting the Phorocorp building, but also their law enforcment and military dispatch centers."

Je'gan Olra'en
    "No, the plan was to hit only Phorocorp...hang on."

Je'gan's hands paused on the controls, and he blinked.

"Actually, while that wasn't the plan we started with, it would be a better. The government's close relationship to Phorocorp would make it seem as though the entire strike would be one against Phourra Minor's government. That the rival security company failed to protect Phorocorp properly would only be a tiny side-note, and the speed with which your firm responded would be that much more likely to go unremarked-upon.

"By the way, I'd appreciate it if you refrained from drawing attention of any sort anywhere near this ship while we're on the ground."

Dark Lord Rivin
    "With Chaos all across the city how would the expect a small security firm to cover everything. There are 10 police dispach areas in the city, and one military base. With some time, explosives could be placed on all of them, one brick for each police station, and four for the military base if we only wanted to disable, 16 if we wanted to level it. The base would include the offices, barracks, hanger, and training grounds.

As for bringing attention to your ship, I wouldn't think of doing that. It may be my fastest way off planet, so I do not want to take the expence of getting my own vessles here to get me off planet."

Je'gan Olra'en
    He nodded tersely.

"Fine. Just be more...careful than usual. Local clothes, weapons well-hidden, and no Force until the explosives actually go off.

"We'd better throw in a handful of other private buildings if we're going to hit the police stations. Otherwise Phorocorp is too much of an anomaly. Thoughts?"

Dark Lord Rivin
    "AraoTech, The land-Air Speeder manufacuring plant. The have an branch here, and a large contract with the government. Also there is a nice deli that a number of officals go to and get discounts at, we could hit that place and likely get a few poiitical reps while we are at it."

Rivin rolls his eyes.

"You don't need to remind me of that part of the mission. I agreed to that part back at TSO."

Je'gan Olra'en
    "Forgive me," Je'gan said with awful sarcasm. "I must have forgotten."

Other vessels began to soar about them, transit from the many hyperspace exit beacons around Phourra Minor to the planet itself. Je'gan handled the little freighter adroitly enough, considering that he'd only began flying a handful of years ago, and showed - or had developed - little real talent in that regard.

"You said 'with time.' How fast can your men get the explosives planted without attracting notice?"

Dark Lord Rivin
    "That would depend on how soon you want to do this. the more time we wait the less likely they will not attract notice. It's about mid day now in that city. With time to unload, assgine the people to the job, and for them to get it done I would give them till sunrise."

Je'gan Olra'en
    "Let's do it at noon tomorrow, then," he said decisively, standing and walking past Rivin into the main body of the ship. The autopilot could handle their relatively straightforward course until they hit atmosphere.

Dark Lord Rivin
    After they land a few trucks pull up to the ship and unload the explosives, taking them to a warehouse as Rivin said they would. He also did send out some of his people to plant the explosives at the designated targets.

While his men are out Rivin turns to Je'gan.

"So where do you want to be when the fireworks go off?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast