Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Up (Kyashi, future)

Kwiet Ideya

High Up (Kyashi, future)

Kwiet Ideya is ten years old, a rather mature age by his standards. He's been working hard since he was six years old on his Force abilities and natural skills, the better to impress his mother, and more recently, his best friend Hana.

Lately he's taken to climbing to high places using his daggers and the Force, the higher the better. He spends a lot of this time just thinking about everything and nothing. The sun set hours ago, but he just doesn't want to come down. He'll get grounded when he gets back to his room, but he doesn't care.

Sudoku
    Kyashi is back on Coruscant. Although he can't stand this planet, he's always ending up here. Tonight he's indulging in something many of his fellow darksiders enjoy, sitting up in the rooftops. He's never really seen the appeal of it, but at least it was quiet here.

His silent musings are interupted by the sudden appearance of a younger boy lifting himself over the edge of the building. Kyashi barely raises his head to acknowledge the new-comer.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?"

Kwiet Ideya
    "No," Kwiet says stubbornly, though it probably is. "What about you? Don't you have someplace to be?"

That's a lame comeback, but it's all he's got. Besides, this guy's on his rooftop! Kwiet's picked this one as his favorite for the week, and it's irritating to find someone beat him up here.

Sudoku
    Kyashi shrugged. "Not really."

He shifted his weight, turning to look the boy over. He was much younger than Kyashi, at least 9 or 10 years old. He turned completely around, greeting Kwiet with a polite smile.

"So...what brings you all the way up here?"

Kwiet Ideya
    "What brings other people up here?" he huffs. "There's never anyone up here normally."

By now he's just being mean to be mean. Tolerant, quiet people always had this...this aura thing that shut down his ability to be mean and mean it, if you know what he means.

Sudoku
    He quirks an eyebrow at the boy. What he says is true -- most normal people don't spend their time hiding out on rooftops...

"That's true. The only people I know who spend time up here are Force-users. Which would make you, what? A sith brat? Or a jedi?"

Kwiet Ideya
    "A Jedi!" brags the smaller boy, grinning proudly. "The best one ever!"

Well, sort of. He's been blowing off his classes lately and using his abilities for a lot of mischief. He's trying to teach this little four year old kid some stuff, but it doesn't seem to be taking. All he ever does is talk about keeping his mom safe. Safe from what, Kwiet's not sure. He's just glad his own mother isn't in any need of protection. She's tougher than most.

Sudoku
    "Oh, I see."

He gets up from his spot on the edge of the roof, paciing slowly towards the boy.

"The best Jedi ever? Somehow, I doubt that."

Kwiet Ideya
    "I am the best!"

He wishes he could do telekinesis better. Then he could float right up in this guy's face and prove it. He has to settle for glaring up at the guy and looking determined.

Sudoku
    He takes his time walking around the boy who glares up at him as if one look will convince the darksider that he is, in fact, the best Jedi ever.

"The best at what? Cutting classes? Missing his curfew?"

Kwiet Ideya
    "Yeah, and best at Force stuff, too! And tons of other stuff!"

He's being vague on purpose; he knows better than to give away his best skills.

"I'm better'n you, at any rate!"

Sudoku
    "Sure, you are."

Kyashi folds his arms across his chest, hands slipping up inside his sleeves. In one quick motion, a pair of senbon slashed across the younger boys cheeks.

Kwiet Ideya
    Kwiet's hands flash as the needles graze him. His own throwing daggers slice the strips of cloth attached to the hat, cutting so closely that not a trace of them is left attached.

"Ha! I'm way more accurate than you!"

Sudoku
    Kwiet can see the older boy roll his eyes as he slips the hat from his head.

"If I wanted you dead, you would be. "

He pauses, twirling his senbon between his fingers. "But...I think we should have some fun instead. If you're up for it, I mean."

Kwiet Ideya
    Dead? Kwiet would challenge that if Kyashi hadn't mentioned it first.

"Yeah, we can have some fun," he answers, pulling two throwing knives and clamping them in his fists. "What's the idea, brainiac?"

Sudoku
    He gestures for the boy to follow him. He walks to the edge of the roof, resting his hands on the cool ledge. People are milling about below them.

"I think we should practice our throwing, so I can see how good you are."

Kwiet Ideya
    Kwiet looks over the edge, tapping the flat of the blades against his ribs, something he probably shouldn't be doing but does anyway.

"Okay. What're the targets?"

Sudoku
    Kyashi reaches into his cloak, taking out a smaller version of his weapon - this one with a tiny piece of red thread at the end. Kyashi closes his eyes, focusing on the crowd below. He flicks his wrist, the senbon flies through the air, landing on the ground. It's unseen to the many passersby.

"That will be our target."

Kwiet Ideya
    Kwiet squints down at the target.

"Didja hafta drop it in the middle of everybody? Hitting it's no problem, but it's hard to judge bullseyes when someone steps over it and the knife gets lodged in their skull."

Sudoku
    "Well, that's the whole point. To avoid unneccesary killing. Isn't that being a Jedi is all about? Protecting people?"

He reaches inside his cloak for more weapons, and gestures with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "Your turn."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast