Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Figured with the Third Movie out I start a thread about the Fourth film currently filming and will be out November 2005

Here is the Cast so far
    returning
    Daniel Radcliff-Harry Potter
    Emma Watson- Hermione Granger
    Rupert Grint- Ron Weasley
    Michael Gambon-Dumbledore
    Maggie Smith- Professor McGonagall
    Alan Rickman- Professor Snape
    Jason Issacs- Lucius Malfoy
    Tom Felton- Draco Malfoy
    Robert Hardy-Corneilius Fudge
    Robbie Coltrane- Hagrid
    I assume, the twins, Ginny, Percy and Mr and Mrs Weasley will all be back as well
    Also for those who have seen POA, Gary Oldman will be back as Sirius Black
    New Cast members

Katie Leung- Cho Chang (best pic I have seen of her http://www.mugglenet.com/viewer/?ima...katieleung.JPG ) She will be Harry's love interest
    Brendan Gleeson- Mad Eye Moody http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/01593...son,%20Brendan
    Frances de la Tour- Madame Maxime http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4...goblet_150.jpg

Clemence Poesy-Fleur DeLacour http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/pi...00/3806301.stm
    Robert Patterson- Cedric Deggory http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4..._cedric150.jpg
    Stanislav Yavevski- Victor Krum (no picture available)

So far the cast looks great I am glad they picked a french and a bulgarian actor to play Fleur and Krum it just wouldn't have worked otherwise for me. Still a few characters yet to be cast
    Mr Crouch, Ludo Bagman (who I think will be more of a background character) Igor Karkaroff, and Lord Voldemort.

Personally I think they should put Tim Curry in Karkaroff's role he plays great cowardly villains. and Jermey Irons in Voldemort that would make a really good cast then

Cyrel Annat
    Irons and Curry would definitely add a nice touch to the cast, much in the way that I imagine Gary Oldman has (Still haven't seen it, been real busy but will see the movie eventually. I simply know the effort that Oldman puts into his roles and frankly, I don't recall ever seeing him perform poorly). And as you said, Tim Curry plays a very good 'all talk, no walk' villain. He carries on that holier than thou arrogance quite well, too.

Irons plays a great villain, and I think he could fit the bill of Voldemort very well. Another actor that I really have not seen perform poorly (I blame the D&D movie on those behind the scenes, not Irons' performance which I thought was still done well. He does a good job with the borderline - and some times not - psychotic types who love power.

His best film as a villian has to be Die Hard 3 he was brilliant in that movie. He was also truly evil playing Claus Von Bulow in Reversal of Fortune and playing those evil twins in Dead Ringer and of course Scar in Lion King. I think he is the perfect actor for the part.

Daerlayne
    Agreed. While I have only seen DH3 and the Lion King of those movies you listed (the latter of which I wasn't even aware of), I still think that he would be the perfect cast for it. Granted, I have not read any of the books (don't beat me and I know that I should, but I just don't do the reading that I used to), casting him as the part still makes sense just from what I've gathered in the HP movies thus far. Irons is a terrific actor that I feel is quite underrated.

Heh I wouldn't beat you for not reading them, I can understand time reasons for not doing so. But yeah Irons is a perfect choice for the part I hope he gets it.

Shawn
    I'm reading GOF at the moment. People are commenting about how it would have to be split into two movies to do it properly; I'm just not seeing it. I'm over halfway through the book and not too much has happened yet. Much of it is just elaborate descriptions. I can see the SFX budget being through the roof, what with the 4 dragons and all.

Darth McBain
    Wow - I never thought of Curry in the role of Karkaroff - he'd be awesome...

Yeah the hardest part is the action sequences, IMO, specifically the Dragons and the Merempeople Honestly I agree with you there are a lot of subplots while interesting are meaningless, like Ludo Bagman's whole gambling thing, Rita Sketter's role in the book, and SPEW. Honestly what I think will be kept in The TriWizard Tournament, all the tasks; The Quidditch World Cup; The Yule Ball, Ron and Harry's fight (although abrieviated), more stuff hinting about Ron and Hermione; Mad Eye Moody and the curses, and Voldemort's return. Everything else is secondary heck they could even cut out the QWC although I think it will stay although shorter than the book.

jjwr
    I'm working my way through the books right now, I read Sorcerer's Stone when the movie came out and am just now reading Chamber of Secrets. My sisters kept telling me how good the book was for PoA so if I wanna read the book I might as well get through Chamber first. I'm finding it to be very quick reading though, I can sit down and start reading and before I know it about 50 pages are gone, I'm not a speed reader, it just reads fast and the fact that it mirrors the movie so much I think speeds things up.

One problem I am finding with the books....and yes its minor is the line that seems to get drawn between the Wizard world and the Muggle World. There are always comments about how Muggle's are so wierd and how all of their items, practices, etc are so alien to them and a great myster. I don't recall specific examples but really obvious stuff.

Haven't they made a point to say that few wizards are pure blood anymore? So wouldn't it stand to reason that the majority of Wizards are growing up in Muggle Households and seeing both worlds.

Like I said its minor it just irks me that they would be talking about everyday items and trying to unlock their secrets like they were Ancient Myan tools and no one is left alive who knows what they do.

Marcus Telcontar
    One point always to remember - the average wizard is an idiot, that comes through quite clearly in the books.

Well I think its heavily by the Weasleys that don't understand muggles, it is because they are a pure blood family, but in Arthur's case he is in love with everything that is by Muggles, I think COS does bring this up at least. The funniest thing was the telephone bit, that Ron doesn't understand at all, that happens in POA. I don't think they are stupid just ignorant they do interact in their world it be like a Muggle going into theirs in that way.

Alex
    Have they actually cast any of the players for the world cup? A couple we know, but it might be fun if they actually got some sports stars to play the role of Quidditch players...especially if they're English.

They're gonna need to be careful with the World Cup, so that they don't make it too American. It is set in England, after all. We aren't gonna have giant scoreboards like the Americans have in baseball, or American football, for example. If you watch the English fans at an international Football (Soccer) match, or at any of the league ones, thats the sort of way you'll want the crowd to act.

Its a shame that Goblet of Fire is coming out next year, rather than 2004, or 2006. If it were in 04, it would correspond with Euro 2004 , and the Olympics...if it were 06, it would correspond with the football World Cup. I've always thought that the books were supposed to be happening more or less in the year that they were published in, and the same for the films. I think the idea is that the whole magical world could actually be going on, and we wouldn't know about it. I like concepts like that...things like Men in Black and the Matrix have elements of that in them.

Gary Oldman has definately made it into my favorite actors list. He just has the whole crazy thing down to a fine art. I saw an interview with him in, and he was teaching and demonstrating acting techniques to the interviewer. He just did the whole "Silence of the Lambs" stare, where you look up with your head first, and then your eyes. It looked really scary. The man is amazing.

Cho's kinda cute, int she?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I'm looking forward to seeing what the guy who they cast as Krum looks like. I always had a very defined picture of him, and Fleur, in my head. Cedric looks about right, even if the picture isn't the greatest.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I assumed the Seeker struck by lightning in the third film was Cedric Diggory since the other two seekers are Cho and Malfoy, it had to be him. They probably never thought about that and just cast him as a seeker.

Yeah I think it was Cedric but I doubt they list that in the cast listings. Not sure why there are no pics of Krum out there? I am guessing it is because the actor is almost an unknown being from Bulgaria. Also I have a question do you think they will keep the tension between Ron and Harry in the book? I personally hope they keep some of it because it is believable friends fight and it is good character develoment for the Harry and Ron because of why they fight and the fact they make up and become friends again. I am sure they will keep it short like they kept the Ron and Hermione squabble short in POA

Second question we know the Dursleys will not be in the movie, this has been admited so obviously the film will be starting at the Burrow, of course after the Riddle House scene, the question is will they keep the QWC?? I thought about it, and honestly there is only one thing plot wise that happens there and it is the Portakey and that is it. The rest is character introductions. You would have to remove Winky from the film if you did this (no great loss there ) and basically introduce Crouch and Bagman at school, and have Ron bragging about the QWC on the train and saying how good of a seeker Krum is. Now the Portakey has to be dealt with somewhere maybe in a class, maybe McGonnell or somebody talk about. The Dark Mark no clue how to deal with that unless you can cut it out. Now I don't know maybe they can fit all that in but it can't take too long. GOF will be longer than POA I am sure you are looking at 2.5 at least, but can you squeeze the QWC sequene in there is the question without having to remove something else? For example I would take the Yule Ball over QWC in a heart beat, in part because you learn so much there like about Hagrid, Snape and Karkalovk, and of course about Ron and Hermione It is also something different to see that no Potter film has ever had and I can't see them no including it. I guess we will have to wait and see.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I will murder the world if they miss out the QWC!

LOL Well it might get in I don't know I been trying to sit down and figure it out on Paper, what will get cut, but it is hard to figure out how much time things will take. I am guessing it would take 20 minutes to deal with the Riddle House, the QWC to the time they get on the train if they can get in that short of time they probably will be okay.

Sarr Koon
    Are you kidding? I wouldn't imagine the taking out of the QWC is even up for discussion. Things happen there that are crucial towards the end of the book. It's been a while since I read the 4th book but if I am not mistaken Barty Crouch's son is hidden by invisibility and is under a spell that makes him do whatever he is told. It is during the QWC that he mananges to free himself and steal Harry's wand from his back pocket. Then later on he stuns the house elf and plants the wand on her. You already mentioned the other stuff that happened during the QWC, so I will stop there.

Shawn
    Uh, spoiler tags? Thanks a lot.
    Originally posted by Shawn:
    I'm reading GOF at the moment

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast