Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A man on the town

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    "Well, I live here."

Half shrugging, Anbira took another sip.

"I suppose I could take an out-bound flight to Ithor or Mon Calamari, or some other relaxation hot-spot. I guess I'm not that complicated in the long run. Certainly wouldn't turn up my nose at the opportunity, but today's a rare blessing. I take them as they come."

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    "I would think just the fact that you live here would be impetus enough to get away for a little bit."

She inclined her head to him. "Though, if this place tickles your fancy enough, I suppose that's all you really need. As long as you're happy I guess.

"Now, me personally, I can't stay in one spot to save my life. Balmorra, Thyferra, Omerose, Kessel, Cloud City - I've been to lots of places and just can't seem to find one I really like enough to settle down on. If you can stay in one spot for the rest of your life and be content, all the more power to you."

She nodded slightly. "I can respect that."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "I've traveled too much...before."

For a moment, Anbira seemed a little distant. He soon snapped out of it, returning to his caf.

"Then again, maybe not enough."

He reflected on what she said, and a small smile creased through his beard.

"From those planets, it sounds like you have more than enough excitement. Outlaw?"

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

She gave him a thin smile. "I prefer the term 'entreprenuer'; outlaw is so harsh."

Another sip.

"Well, if you want, I've got to go to Hino District and - "

"Everybody be cool, this is a robbery!!"

"Any of you frelling pricks move - and I'll execute every motherfrelling last one of you!!"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Anbira's attention broke from s'Il suddenly as the two robbers made their intentions known, leaping from their booths while waving pistols in wide arcs.

A look of sudden concern on his face, Anbira slowly returned his coffee cup to the table.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Lofting a brow s'Il stared at the two, an odd, half-interested expression on her face before turning back to Anbira and her caf. The two robbers were ignored for the moment, though in one fluid motion she reached into the inner pocket of her jacket, pulling out a pack of stims while in the same motion deftly unclipping the strap holding one of her slugthrowers snugly in its' shoulder holster.

She pulled a stim from the pack and lit it, continuing with their conversation as if the situation going on around them was just something on the holo.

"So. When was the last time you got out and about?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Anbira's eyes traced the frantic movements of the robbers to the side, as he replied to s'Il.

"A few months. Although I've been a little under the weather of recent."

The robbers began to loot the belongings from the people, and one was moving toward Anbira and s'Il's table.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

She inhaled, leaning back casually and stretching her legs out beneath the table.

"Sick, eh. That's too bad."

Aware of the approaching theif, s'Il seemingly paid him no mind - instead centering her attention on Anbira, a carefree smile on her lips as she reached for her caf.

"Well, now that you're feeling better, and seem to be spending the day doing nothing in paricular, I could alway use some company on my way to Hino District."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Anbira smiled curtly.

"Well, it is my day off, more or less."

One of the gunmen arrived at the table, waving his pistol in Anbira's direction.

"Cough up yer creds, mate?"

Anbira looked to s'Il briefly, and then reluctantly complied with the robber's wishes, pulling his wallet out of his pocket.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have much.

The robber waved the gun barrel in Anbira's face.

"Shut yer gob, & fork it over."

After a moment, Anbira nodded in compliance, and slid the wallet across the table, where it was picked up and deposited in a bag.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

The gun swung over to s'Il, and the same order given.

"I don't carry a wallet."

"Nerfdren. Hand it over. Now."

Despite the barrel of the gun being waved in her face, the Lupine leaned forward casually, resting her elbows on the table while grasping her caf and bringing it to her lips for a sip. "I told you mate. I don't carry a wallet."

The robber seemed to falter then, a little unsure of what to do as this woman sitting before him talked back. He watched her set the mug back down, and reached out to pull her from the booth in order to ostensibly make an example of her to the rest of the patrons.

Faster than a rattlesnake, s'Il snatched the man's wrist in a vice-like grip while in the same motion pulling out her slugthrower and sticking the barrel beneath his chin.

"Let him go! Let him go! I'll blow your frellin' head off! I'll kill ya! I'll kill ya! You're gonna die, you're gonna frellin' die bad!

As if she was talking to the paper boy, s'Il spoke, her gun still lodged in the underside of the man's jaw. "Tell her to shut up. Say 'bitch, shut the hell up'."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    The situation was about to reach a head, and Anbira knew that at any moment, it could blow apart like a powder keg.

He looked at the woman, and the gun in her hand.

The metal at the tip of the barrel neatly crimped shut.

That done, Anbira looked to the more immediate showdown.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

The Lupine winced then, as what seemed like an icepick was driven into her temple, and s'Il pitched forward, her slugthrower dropped as she clutched her head. Skin hot to the touch, she felt the urge well up, the beginning needs and desires to kill whatever and whoever had used the force.

The crooks it seemed, took their chance to escape, and were out the door before anyone else could think to grab them or even try to stop them.

No, the more immediate problem was now across the table from Anbira, looking at him through crazed, tawny yellow eyes. Breath coming in ragged intervals, s'Il slowly felt her mind slipping, descending into the more primitive world as her body began to give way to its' more feral form...

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Anbira immediately rose to his feet.

"What's wrong?"

Watching the situation deteriorate further, and getting no response from s'Ilancy, he struggled to unlock the answer himself.

"A changeling?"

The sounds of popping bones and straining tendons was brief and grotesque. s'Ilancy's human form degenerated into the likeness of a familiar quadriped, a vornskr.

The Jedi took a cautionary step back from the table.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

With a sharp growl that cut through the silence of the diner like a hot knife through butter, the beast was on the table. The table groaned beneath her mass, and muscles tensing, the Lupine let out a snort, her entire body poised and ready to strike.

Whiplike tail lashing from left to right, the vornskr set one massive paw in front of the other slowly, her eyes never leaving the Jedi.

And then she leapt, claws reaching out for his chest...

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    The creature leapt, and Anbira responded on instinct, extending an open hand toward s'Ilancy. The Lupine was swatted away with a powerful shockwave, which sent her skidding across the floor several meters away.

"What in the hell are you doing?"

Anbira took half a moment to take notice of the incredulous looks of the patrons around him. So much for staying on the down low.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

The Force use sent her into even more of a frenzy, and the Lupine scrambled to her feet as soon as she'd skidded to a halt at the other end of the diner. His words did nothing as she once again turned enraged, tawny eyes on him, lips curling back in a grotesque sneer.

She stood, ribcage rolling in and out with each breath she took, and shaking her silver pelt, the beast padded forward once agin, staying low to the ground as she stalked the Force user.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Well, reasoning wasn't working, and she certainly appeared to have a one-track mind.

Anbira bolted for the door, hoping to lead the changeling out of the diner - and away from innocents.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

With a flurry of action, s'Il took off after him, claws clacking and scratching along the diner's linoleum floor.

The hulking vorsnkr burst outside, eyes seaking out the olfactory trail that the Jedi left in his wake. It wasn't hard to pick out, and standing just outside the diner's door, the Lupine let out a sharp growl as she slowly started forward, on massive paw before the other.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Anbira ran on, pumping arms and legs with an athlete's power, enticing the Lupine into pursuit. Even with the assistance of the force, his foot racing was likely no match for her on four paws. He didn't plan to win, only to gain some distance.

Pushing onward, he sprinted towards an open plaza with a few fountains.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

She sprung after him, tearing down the street in furious pursuit. His Force aroma was like a stimluant, fueling her rage and the need to kill the Jedi. It was maddening, and she gnashed her teeth in anger, flinging her head from side to side and sending small flecks of froth and saliva into the air.

A sharp growl issued from her curled lips, and she surged forward, legs churning beneath her as her muscles propelled her faster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast