View RSS Feed

Loose Threads

Between Two Interrogation Droids: Brian

Rate this Entry
(Brian writes Hobgoblin and Pierce Tondry, among others)

When did you first see a Star Wars movie, and what movie was it?

I've been told that I saw the original theatrical release of Empire Strikes Back with my parents. I'd have been less than a year old at the time, so I don't remember that. I do remember seeing it a few years later, and then getting a Hoth playset that I had the brilliant idea to play with out in the snow one time.

I think I lost one of the figures in the snow, but I kept all the good ones.

Do you have any sort of Star Wars merchandise collection, and if so, what is your favorite piece?

I don't. I used to. I had a trash compactor playset and an ion cannon playset and all sorts of good stuff, but that was around 30 years ago.

Are you excited about Disney making Star Wars Anthology movies? Who do you want a spin-off movie about?

Yes and no. I'd prefer to see adaptations of Expanded Universe (EU) works than new character-specific movies. As to why, I think a lot of work went into developing the Star Wars EU and I'd like to see the better parts of that recognized. The Thrawn Trilogy absolutely should be made into films, because it manages to capture everything that made the original trilogy great.

How long have you been at TheHolo.Net, and why do you stay?

Since 1999-2000. I write off and on, but I always come around because I've made some great friends here. They're the best.

Do you stick mainly with Star Wars RPing, or have you branched out to some of the general RPing scenarios? Which do you prefer, if you have a preference?

I used to be more diverse, if only a little. These days, I stick to Star Wars RP. The focus helps me create and develop my characters a lot more effectively.

Who is your favorite character you write on the boards? Who is your favorite that someone else writes?

The favorite character I write is a toughie, because they're all fun. I think maybe Pierce Tondry, because he's the most human. Although, I could easily see Karin DeLumiar becoming a favorite once I've gotten to develop her story.

I don't think I can fairly answer the question on who else's character is a favorite because I haven't read a ton of threads by other people since my recent return to RP. I can say I'd love to the opportunity to have my Hobgoblin character interact with Ben Merasska/Shuvin and Kazahan. Those characters tend to be kind of bad at what they do, but they do so with a certain comic and sympathetic ineptness - they are real bad at struggling and so their struggles are extra real. I think it would be fun to have Hob interact with them because he'd be forced into playing a serious role.

What RPing story arc do you most want to do, or current one you’d like to complete?

I have an upcoming story arc on tap to write mostly solo, though I plan to invite some other characters in once first two roleplays are complete. The arc will be a five-part series titled "Tales of Tondry and DeLumiar" and will explain a great deal of the backstory between Pierce and Karin. It will also lay the groundwork for future stories between all my characters, so I think that will be fun to watch progress.

Are you a dog person, or a cat person? (this is v. important)

Both! I can be two things! Also, I'm a great fan of pangolins. They are neat.

Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Brian" to Digg Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Brian" to del.icio.us Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Brian" to StumbleUpon Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Brian" to Google

Categories
Interviews , OOC

Comments