View RSS Feed

Mu Satach

Ravings of a TechnoRat

Rate this Entry
User: "YOUR UPDATES LAST NIGHT LOST ALL OUR DATA! OUR MUSIC, OUR VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS, EVERYTHING IS GONE!!! EVEN MY BOOKMARKS! GONE! GONE! GONE!"

TechnoRat: "Ok, let's take a look."

*poke poke poke*

"It's odd that all your data is gone that iTunes, iPhoto and iMovie use because none of our updates last night were to any of those programs."

*poke poke poke*

"hmmmm... the hard drive is still full of data, so it's odd it's not showing up inside your user account."

*poke poke poke*

"Are you sure this is the account that you use those programs to make your team highlight videos? There's another account on here."

User: "NO! WE ALWAYS USE THIS ACCOUNT!"

TechnoRat: "Well, from what I can see this other account has 300GB of data in it's user folders. Let's log into that account just to be sure."

*poke poke poke*

TechnoRat: "Are these your music, video and bookmarks?"

User: "Yes. But we don't use that account for our editing."

TechnoRat: "Are you sure? Do you yourself log into this computer? Or is it already logged on when you come in to work?"

User: "Well, it's usually already logged in. But i KNOW we don't edit in this account. YOUR UPDATES LAST NIGHT MOVED IT ALL!"

TechnoRat: "Ummmm, updates don't work that way. You guys have been using this account to do your editing."

User: "NO NO NO, YOUR UPDATES MOVED ALL THE FILES LAST NIGHT. END OF STORY!"

TechnoRat: *face palm*

Submit "Ravings of a TechnoRat" to Digg Submit "Ravings of a TechnoRat" to del.icio.us Submit "Ravings of a TechnoRat" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ravings of a TechnoRat" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments