View RSS Feed

Mu Satach

Medications, supplements and veggies a go-go

Rate this Entry
I have a nice little pharmacy growing on my night stand. It started out with just one pill. Half a pill really. And to be honest I had been resisting using any type of medication at all for about 6 months. Thinking I could just tough it out, grit my teeth and strong arm my way through what I thought was a temporary problem.

Then I got offered a new job and I wanted to be my best for that, so I finally agreed. One little half of a pill to start.

I have to pause here, because I have to adhere to a strict schedule now and it's 10 min. until bed time. More about my mini pharmacy tomorrow.

Weeeell shit
3 days later...

Long story short, I have something new to rant about and don't want to finish this thought for now.

Still pisses me off I'm taking a choke hold of pills, some in the morning, some in the middle of the day and some at night. Granted a good portion of them are supplements that are suppose to help keep me on an even keel so I don't have to rely on the medication. =P

But what I miss the most is caffeine. My drug of choice and companion for decades is now mostly verboten, that and alcohol.

So sleep is now extremely important. If I don't watch it I can slip into a state like I am right now. I haven't been getting tired at night for over a week now so and Monday night was no different. So I took my sleeping pills and went to bed. But I didn't drink enough water and had too much processed food during the day - Result? A hangover with none of the fun.

So Tuesday night I eat better, take the pills, go to bed earlier. And then my cat Hudson decides he's going to keep waking me up every 3 hours or so. Result I go into work very tired, so I drink a cup of coffee. And then like an idiot, had a Dr. Pepper with lunch. Then I went to do a late workout. The workout lasted much longer than I planned because I'm kind of getting addicted to it again. (I feel Grrrrreat!) So pumped up, too much caffeine, without thinking stay up till 1 am talking with my roommate who was in a chatty mood and drinking a bottle of merlot. Too late to take the sleeping pill now, finally fall asleep at about 3 am and then up at 7:30.

And I still feel like I just drank 3 cups of coffee.

I should be thinking about everything that needs to get done today. I should be reviewing manuals on Kaspersky Security Center 10, I should be reading the security reports and implementing the corrections and creating scanning schedules, updating our patching software deployments in preparation for our next round of our monthly updates, I should be ordering several new laptops for our Track department...

but no, I'm wired and worried about how the !@#$ I'm going to get myself to sleep tonight, because if I don't get some deep sleep this will continue for days and then Voldemort will attack.

So, tonight - alert the roomies that I need things to be uber quiet tonight, sleeping pills at 8:30, followed by sleepytime tea, followed by nonfiction boring reading, followed by a dark cool room with white noise machine... I may even sport ear plugs and an eye mask. (I hate wearing them.)

Anyway =P

Submit "Medications, supplements and veggies a go-go" to Digg Submit "Medications, supplements and veggies a go-go" to del.icio.us Submit "Medications, supplements and veggies a go-go" to StumbleUpon Submit "Medications, supplements and veggies a go-go" to Google

Updated Mar 6th, 2014 at 01:10:21 PM by Mu Satach

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Voldermort

Comments