View RSS Feed

Mu Satach

1. Love Song for a Vampire

There is a certain amount of seductiveness to my illness. Over the past few months I've been feeling the pull but felt I was combating the pull fairly well. Well, not well, but well enough. I took time off from work. Organized and took care of some personal items that had been bothering me for quite some time. I started training for my half marathon in June. Eating better, working on everything outside of medical visits and medications that I am suppose to do.

And then Friday night; ...
    Tags: voldermort Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Voldermort
  2. Too many little fish nibbling at my brain...

Trying to focus on my work today has been a bust. Too much in my head, even too much to try and put it down into manageable task lists. Keep having ADD moments. "OOOOooSquirellshineysunlightteacoffeegumpariscomb osquishyishouldworkout" So, sitting down to write and force myself to slow down a bit.

Here goes - what follows will just be a stream of consciousness and I'll see what comes out of my fish gatling gun. *deep breath*

my gum is squishy, why does it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Why I hate myself and other self destructive candy bits.

Over the past summer I've changed doctors and there was a change in my medication. The upside is that I'm really feeling better these days. I don't have to take sleeping pills anymore. And as long as I schedule days of rest and periodic down time, the rest of my time at work and at home has turned into something productive at last. Things are looking up.

The downside to all of this positivity is that I'm falling back into old habits. It's 10 'til midnight, and I just spent several ...
    Categories
    TechnoRat , Voldermort
  4. Medications, supplements and veggies a go-go

I have a nice little pharmacy growing on my night stand. It started out with just one pill. Half a pill really. And to be honest I had been resisting using any type of medication at all for about 6 months. Thinking I could just tough it out, grit my teeth and strong arm my way through what I thought was a temporary problem.

Then I got offered a new job and I wanted to be my best for that, so I finally agreed. One little half of a pill to start.

I have to pause here, because ...

Updated Mar 6th, 2014 at 01:10:21 PM by Mu Satach

Categories
    Voldermort
  5. Chronic illness is a horribly interesting thing...

it's been about 2 years since I've been diagnosed with the illness I shall call Voldemort... or "the it that shall not be named." I'm still trying to figure out what to think about it. "HA!" ( I find that statement ironic AND amusing... for reasons I'm not ready to share, even in this little corner of the web that only close strangers will read.)

Which brings me to my current conundrum. I don't want anyone to know about the illness/disease, yet I have to express ...
    Categories
    Voldermort
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast