PDA

View Full Version : The Mandalorian

darth_mcbain
Nov 12th, 2019, 04:47:47 PM
Anybody seen it?

Trailers have been good, and it seems to be getting good buzz.

I don't have Disney+, and while it looks like this has promise to be a really good series, I don't know that it's enough for me to deal with yet another streaming service. Just curious if anyone here has seen it and what the thoughts are?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 13th, 2019, 01:38:34 AM
It's fantastic. The beginning really feels like a Sergio Leone opening, and the rest is just an absolute feast for the eyes. The run time also flew by, and didn't feel like 40 minutes at all. It left me wanting more, I gotta say.

T'yeellaa Meorrrei
Nov 13th, 2019, 07:36:15 AM
Really strong opening. Like Christin said, the Sergio Leone vibes in this are heavy. Also there’s more than a few big surprises already

Tear
Nov 13th, 2019, 01:34:28 PM
Its pretty high quality. The make up, the effects, everything's on the level you would expect from a Star wars movie, or a premium Tv network.

Atreyu
Nov 14th, 2019, 10:56:11 PM
Disney+ isn't available yet down under, so I had to acquire the episode via ... other means. :mischief

As the others have said, it's a great opening - 'space western' for the win. Looking forward to the next episode. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 16th, 2019, 01:53:32 AM
Episode 2 was fantastic. Had a very Lone Wolf and Cub vibe, and the sparse dialogue is perfect. The sandcrawler chase gave a delightful nod to Last Crusade, and the Jawas were just great :)

Akagi
Dec 8th, 2019, 02:05:43 AM
I feel like the quality has dropped off slightly after episode 1 and 2. I still love it but I hope by the end of the season it doesn't feel like episode 1 and 2 were from a different series all together.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 8th, 2019, 01:48:26 PM
The last two episodes for me have been so fantastic. Between Gina Carano and Amy Sedaris, I'm just in love. With Gina, I got to see a badass woman with my body type, not some magically strong waif of a woman. And with Amy, I felt like I was pretty much watching myself at work, trying to rig something up without the proper tools (which happens a LOT).

Watching Mando interact with the Sandpeople was awesome, because the simple act of using sign language and trading for passage gave them quite a bit more dimension, imo. No longer are they just some one trick pony that raids homes and kills folks, and I'd actually like to see more of them in the future.

Charley
Dec 9th, 2019, 01:19:30 PM
There are some very specific western motifs being used in this series, and as an extreme western nerd, they keep me fully engaged in the worldbuilding.