PDA

View Full Version : ELECTION 11 ABY

Taataani Meorrrei
Jun 21st, 2019, 11:52:14 PM
So in case you haven't been following Galactic politics First Minister Salem Ave of the Alliance of Free Planets is preparing to step down as First Minister and resign from the Senate. (https://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?57869-Passing-the-Mantle)

So what does this mean? It means that the Alliance is about to elect a new First Minister, and transition power for the first time.

Now, First Minister Ave has chosen his successor candidate - the Baroness Taataani Fai'sheeaa Igaarraai Meorrrei, Senator of Keppaa Brens. But the field of potentials may run deep. That's where you come in. If you have a character you'd wish to throw their name in the ring, please do so. They don't have to be a Senator, but that helps. They don't have to have any previous political postings, though that also helps. Maybe they're a war hero? Maybe they're a wealthy captain of industry? Maybe they're a celebrity? This can be as involved as we want it to be, but first we have to see who wants to play.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 22nd, 2019, 05:20:03 AM
Looking forward to seeing who you go up against :D

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 22nd, 2019, 06:16:02 AM
My baby senator probably wouldnt have much to do until the election comes up :)

Ashar Nerofi
Jun 22nd, 2019, 07:30:57 PM
This new senator of Onderon will not run for the position of Prime Minister, but I'd be fine having her involved in the elections one way or the other.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jun 22nd, 2019, 07:38:34 PM
Onderon and Carshoulis are in the same political coalition so we'd likely be working towards common goals :)

Ashar Nerofi
Jun 22nd, 2019, 07:42:30 PM
I didn't realize that! This fact, combined with Ashar having been hand-picked by Salem to succeed him as Senator of Onderon (and having been elected as such) would likely make her actively supportive of Taataani's campaign. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 23rd, 2019, 06:34:14 AM
Yes, Salem would certainly encourage Ashar to be a vocal proponent for Taataani ;)

Celeste Starborn
Jun 23rd, 2019, 06:36:51 AM
The Speaker of the House will be watching all of this with interest.