PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy's Edge 2020

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2019, 08:18:34 AM
I know for a fact that a good majority of us are excited to hit up Galaxy's Edge in Florida, and I had some thoughts about how we could go about doing that.

I propose, for maximum time to save up for the full package, that we do a group trip the first week in December of 2020. There are quite a few of us who have birthdays in December as well, and it would be a fun celebration to gather for, I feel. Doing the whole resort experience is something I've never done before personally, so it will be exciting.

Having a large enough lead time also helps with choosing what we wear if we want to do that (no costumes, since that's prohibited, but we can certainly dress with hints and style cues), and also we can turn phone cases into datapads.

One thing I found on the clothing front was an entry here, at The Dorky Diva (http://www.thedorkydiva.com/2019/06/galaxys-edge-what-id-wear.html). Her mood boards look fantastic, and I plan to start putting one together for myself as well, and then begin scouting the thrift shops ^_^

Also, here (https://twitter.com/i/moments/1133127007485792266) is a link to a gallery of kitbashed phone cases.

What do you guys think?

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 2nd, 2019, 10:33:23 AM
I can't commit anything unless I know when it is due to kiddo school.

This is a great idea tho!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2019, 11:00:09 AM
I was thinking the first week in December. December 1st 2020 is on a Tuesday, so maybe we could go from Nov 30 until Dec 4th? That way folks can use the weekend days for travel purposes.

Satkia Beltrak
Jun 2nd, 2019, 12:02:13 PM
OMG The Dorky Diva!! Savanna is so great. ^___^

Aside from that, I like the idea, but I don't think we can commit to anything at the moment.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2019, 12:10:32 PM
No worries about committing, I'm just putting this option out now so that if folks want, they can start to build their financial war chests, hehe. I'm going to be putting away money every month starting now, since I know it's going to be on the pricier side. Also, it gives us a lot of time to start tentative plans in regards to travel (flights or carpooling), and whatnot. It's certainly nothing set in stone, just something that Charley and I got musing on yesterday, so I thought I'd put the earworm out :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 2nd, 2019, 01:00:00 PM
Yes please!

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 2nd, 2019, 01:28:25 PM
I'd have to be out. Kiddo has school

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 2nd, 2019, 02:02:28 PM
It could be possible :) 18 months is a long time to plan.

We may be visiting Disneyland in October this year for Ty’s birthday. :)

Spark Vallen
Jun 3rd, 2019, 06:05:50 PM
I LOVE those datapad cases for mobile phones! Those are amazing. :D

I was just saying to a friend that I'd like to go to Disney in 2020... but it's more a wish than a possibility, unless someone donates to my bank account. Haha.

Darth Turbogeek
Jun 3rd, 2019, 10:11:40 PM
Wellllllllll.........

Depends what the wife to be says?

Morgan Evanar
Jun 5th, 2019, 02:48:24 PM
Probably!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 16th, 2020, 06:32:14 PM
Bumping this thread because it needs bumping.

I've got my vacation time at work already slotted, beginning December 4th.

T'yeellaa Meorrrei
Feb 18th, 2020, 11:35:01 PM
I also have vacation time allotted

Joey Rabeak
Mar 2nd, 2020, 12:40:54 PM
Do we know precisely which days are planned for being at the park? I may be able to go, but need to know when to expect to be there.

Also, I very much recommend staying at one of the resorts, as some are remarkably affordable (compared to the other hotels in the area) and also avoid daily parking fees at the parks. Most of the resort hotels can accommodate four people per room, but will definitely cap you hard at four. I've stayed in two resort hotels, and had a very pleasant experience both times. I'd be down for splitting a room with folks, though we'd have to know how many are going so that room or rooms can be planned accordingly.

On top of that, once we know how many are going, and if we're staying at a resort hotel, things like Fast Passes can be arranged, along with dining reservations. I know I'm asking for a lot of details, but when it comes to WDW, details are important to being able to best plan a visit.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 2nd, 2020, 04:28:29 PM
Yes, more deets pls.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 5th, 2020, 01:45:34 PM
If you're staying on site, the cheap WDW hotels are still great, and fit 4 per room. That's where we stayed the second time we went and it was VASTLY superior to staying off site.

edit: that being said, December is an expensive time of year to go

Fredal Rabeak
Mar 5th, 2020, 01:55:36 PM
Yeah, I'm down to split a WDW Resort hotel with someone or someones, and I would much rather stay there than off-site if at all possible. I stayed at the Pop Century resort last time, and it was excellent. That one would be my preferences. Especially the 90s wing.

Also, as far as what days to hit the park, I HIGHLY recommend weekdays, since we'll be doing this in December. Weekends at WDW in December are insane, crowded, and also more expensive.

--EDIT--

Looked it up, and Pop Century is more expensive now than the last time I stayed, by a decent margin. May look into some of the other resort hotels, once we know what actual days we'll be there, and how many nights/how many people, etc.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 5th, 2020, 01:56:12 PM
When Sarah, Charley, and I went last December, we stayed all day in Galaxy's Edge, and it was wonderful to hang out and wander about to see it over the course of the day. It's entirely possible to experience everything in a day, and I highly recommend it.

With that in mind, as far as dates, how does some time during the weekdays of Dec 14 - Dec 18 sound? We can figure out lodging once we nail down our dates, I figure.

Fredal Rabeak
Mar 5th, 2020, 01:59:00 PM
That would work for me. It's a bit busier than the preceding week, but still not as bad as the actual week of Christmas, which is an overcrowded NIGHTMARE. Earlier in the week is more park-friendly than later, in my experience, and from park crowdedness schedules I've seen online.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2020, 01:22:15 PM
Are you planning on going just for one day? Or like, a few days to see a few of the different parks?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 6th, 2020, 01:45:39 PM
Depends on what folks want, as well as money. It can get expensive doing multiple days, plus the stuff you'll inevitably buy in GE. Doing it all in one day is entirely feasible, and it lets you see Batuu over the course of the day in all of its glory. Not to mention, you're at the mercy of the reservations you're able to get, so it's entirely possible that you'll be there all day.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 16th, 2020, 12:57:44 AM
Well, things are certainly advanced since my last post here, heh.

DragonCon is most definitely out of the question this year, but Charley and I still want to go to GE in December. We want to be safe about it though, and will only know more as time goes on. What are your guys' thoughts? Are we in a holding pattern until October or so, you guys think?

Li Ho Fook
Jun 16th, 2020, 07:46:05 AM
I'd still be interested in going to Disney World in December, but much of my decision will be based on how safe it is to do so at the time. As I'll likely be driving out, I can at least avoid having to deal with airlines, but safety is a major concern, so I probably can't commit to anything until October at the earliest.

Li Ho Fook
Jun 19th, 2020, 02:17:18 PM
Update: After some planning of vacations, I'm no longer going to be able to make it to Galaxy's Edge, this December. =(

Maybe it's for the best, but yeah, I'm going to have to bow out. Sorry!

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 20th, 2020, 09:23:48 AM
Pretty sure this is just fully postponed all things considered? I know I'm not going there this year... considering we're halfway through the year and there's still a pandemic going on? :pp:

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 22nd, 2020, 09:55:44 AM
I'm perfectly fine with whatever. I hate that it has come to this, but I also want everyone to be safe and healthy. And if that means pushing things back a full year, then that's what that means.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 22nd, 2020, 12:55:31 PM
The US hasn't been especially sensible about COVID so we should definitely delay this.

Ilias Nytrau
Jun 22nd, 2020, 09:08:02 PM
Could always.... do a good ol' voice chat. I used to love those.