PDA

View Full Version : Happy 20th Anniversary SW-Fans.Net / swvstitanic / TheHolo.net !!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 13th, 2019, 12:53:06 PM
It came to my attention that we don’t have a main 20th anniversary thread so HERE IS ONE.

Tell us when you came to swfans/theholonet and some favorite memories! Who was around the same time as you?

Shout out to all our gone but not forgotten box office peeps: JMK, Jedi Master Carr, CMJ, Jedieb, etc!

I came to the board when it was still on ezboard in the summer of 2000. The RP was full of super sayin Jedi that really freaked me out. The idea that my character might be KILLED if she ventured into the Battlefield forum was terrifying. :lol I was recruited to The Sith Council by Itala Marzullo from a message board I’d tracked my younger brother to, and I participated in one major RP before I lost net access. When I got it back TSC had exploded into TSO and I went there with LD’s master Live Wire.

So, I’ve been here almost 19 years!

Satkia Beltrak
Apr 13th, 2019, 01:02:04 PM
I registered my original Satkia account in fall 2008. If I recall correctly, Jenny had invited me to come here as well, after we had met on another board. I had to leave after a few months.

I re-registered Satkia in early 2013, was on and off until spring 2016, when I made Fans my online home, and populated the place with several accounts. :D

Whether I met people directly at Fans, or on other boards, it's safe to say that most people in my close circle are Fans peeps, including my almost-husband <3

Ilias Nytrau
Apr 13th, 2019, 02:35:19 PM
The account no longer exists that shows the exact date (lost somewhere in ezboard --> yuku --> tapatalk), but I came to ezboard in 99/00, iirc. Was in TalkCity's SW chats prior to that. :)

My memory that far back is negligible at best, unfortunately. I don't even remember my high school graduation, and that was in 2002. :(

Razielle Alastor
Apr 13th, 2019, 03:54:20 PM
My EzBoard account was September of 99*. General Scorpion encouraged my move from the TalkCity chats. (Shout out @ Lord Shade! :p )

Somewhere in that time frame I joined The Sith Council / The Coven, and Saurron LeStat became my first Master.

Banestone
Apr 14th, 2019, 12:39:42 AM
Hey, ya'll. It's nice that this place is still goin'.

Looking back on my time here nearly twenty years ago is quite the experience. My writing has probably not improved from those times -- in part because I've been writing less as times goes by, and in part because it was already pretty good to begin with. :mischief Haha, I'm typically embarrassed by the past, so it's nice to be reminded of making semi-smart RP decisions (I clearly tried to keep things tight and focused for myself, with proper setups and justifications for any payoffs... in the same space that other people were summoning a thousand Sun Crushers and blowing up Coruscant in a single post). My main character's name was not among those semi-smart decisions. I really just didn't care that Darth Bane was already a canonical character (And also another current user's name), huh? Oof. And I wonder what the chances are that I literally invented/inspired the Holdo Maneuver roughly two decades ago? Wild stuff.

I don't clearly remember how I got started with all of this, but I think Itala popped up on a totally non-RP EZboard (Er, well, there was no serious RPing and no themed RPing, at least) I was at and somehow recruited Fox609 and I into his Sith council. What a bizarre happenstance! Anyway, so I made up a huge alien cyborg warrior with lightsaber claws on his robot hand (I can't just be normal!), with a small indestructible (But weaponless) alien starship (OP, sure, but how else are you gonna Holdo Maneuver ISDs and live to tell the tale?). Later on, I made a Sith Apprentice for him, named... uh... Kar'h'tzen Shaed? Something like that. I also RPed as IG-88e, which was probably my most fun character. Pretty sure I also had an Imperial character? Probably some Royal Guard type. And if I ever was in an RP with a definite conclusion, I'd be surprised! After all... "No one's ever really gone". :cry

(These emoticons are all sooo retro! They've gotta be twenty years old themselves by this point! "Smilies" we used to call 'em, huh? Ah, we're so old)

Zasz Grimm
Apr 14th, 2019, 03:03:32 AM
I can't even recall whenever my EZboard account was made. Maybe summer/fall 99? I remember being a staunch protester of board RPing, but was wooed into it by various people. Prior to that I was very much into the whole TalkCity writing. Darth Zasz was my moniker then. Scorpion was my character's Master; and Razielle his other half. The amount of stories this character has been involved with is too many to recall! Had some good times though, that's for sure! Great memories. Can't believe it's been so long.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2019, 09:06:32 AM
Zasz!!! :wave

and Banestone!! :wave

:D

Kyle Krogen
Apr 14th, 2019, 11:56:24 AM
My introduction to SW-Fans probably started in 2001, when my aunt Holly/Lilaena was living with us and my brothers and I would watch over her shoulder. I remember trying to understand how it all worked, seeing the different locations with their own background colors and headers, and being most interested in the crazy shenanigans of Master Yogurt's Bar and Grill. In 2002 I joined at the age of 13 alongside my older brother Rognan Dar, who would have been 15. I am not proud of my early writing. It was very, very bad. My OOC presence was not much better, and I'm amazed I was never told off for all the random threads I started, with wonderful titles like "I'm bored". Still, I remember fondly wild Force [Item] fights that broke out at every turn.

My first character was Kyle Krogen, which was a rip off of Kyle Katarn. I remember not realizing that the GJO stood for Greater Jedi Order, and thought it was a term for a special internal group within the Jedi. Kyle's first master was Chance, a blind boy that threw rocks at him. A lot. Kyle's second master would be Wei Wu Wei, who tossed Kyle into a tree-top hopping fight against a huge monster. In the end, Kyle was denied promotion to the rank of Knight, and then the reset happened. While Kyle was my first character, he's never been my most prominent. Zereth Lancer has been the character that I'm most recognized for.

I've been here 17 years, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2019, 12:20:20 PM
It’s all my fault, really.

Darth Turbogeek
Apr 14th, 2019, 03:16:05 PM
I dont 100% remember what exactly SW vs Titanic was on when I first got there but it was some sort of nested chat that was fairly quickly moved to ezboard. I might have been "Darth Q" and that would be March 1999.

The whole Turbogeek thing started with some troll calling us "Turbogeeks" which I decided to appropriate as as a bit of a "screw you" to said troll.

Where is Scorpion these days? I'd love to tell him I'm stealing one of the Canadian women :D

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 15th, 2019, 10:44:44 AM
When is the actual 20th birthday? What day??

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 15th, 2019, 10:46:30 AM
Who knows? :huh

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 15th, 2019, 11:01:57 AM
I showed up in the summer of '01, back when GJO was still on EZboard.

Honestly, my first intro to text-based RP was on a small, private Redwall site that Hal/Tevit/Anauri invited me to. It was also where I met Sol/Kale (I still remember my character was a margay!) :) After writing a little bit with them, I wondered if there were any Star Wars writing sites, so I did a google search which sent me to a link page. It had the GJO, TSO, TMC, and a few others I can't remember anymore. I did some exploring, and a lot of lurking, then finally registered in either June or July of '01. Six months later I stumbled on the vBulletin site for SW-Fans, registered, and I've been here ever since :)

Khendon Sevon was the first person who RP'ed with me, followed soon by Hera, Millard, Sirius Cline, and Blake Hawk. Sadly Blake vanished, and I still miss her to this day. I do remember that she had cousins and siblings that posted with her, too, and they all knew Gaelic and would occasionally pick on/joke with each other in their OOC posts in Gaelic.

Holly and Rie intimidated me at first, and Charley thought I was a huge weirdo.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 15th, 2019, 11:28:17 AM
I was on a Final Fantasy roleplaying ezboard and a guy with a DBZ signature called Big Bad Naga (who also played a Jedi named Nichos Marr later on) turned up. He had a link to The Sith Empire in his sig, so I followed him there, taking a few people I knew from a Pokemon chat website with me, including Dyne Darkforce, to become wee Sith. Vega Van-Derveld was my first character, and I created him during late 2000 (when I was about 12). His first Master was Dara Shadowtide and he was the first of his family, which later became very big, reviled, and has spiralled out to be represented by me and various other people on a whole variety of SW RP boards.

For a long time, I only wrote Sith, because IIRC there were rules in place about people basically not sharing OOC information between factions... so writing a Jedi and a Sith at the same time could be problematic, because you would be planning a big attack on the Jedi and obviously not want them to know about it! I can't remember what the specific rule was called? (EDIT: It was called infiltration!) Anyway, after a while I guess we all came to our senses (or I stopped caring about the rules?) and in 2001 I created Dasquian Belargic, a Jedi Knight from the Old Republic who had been frozen in stasis for thooousands of years. He became a member of the Greater Jedi Order and frequently served on the Jedi Council. His avatar was Legolas, from LOTR, and it seemed for a while like almost the entire cast of the LOTR trilogy were members of the GJO.

I became a moderator at GJO in 2003. At some point between then and 2006, I was made a moderator of the SW-Fans community as a whole. Both of these things were very big deals to me at the time, in the same way that getting voted onto the Jedi Council was. I also felt very lucky, and intimidated, to at one point be a member of The Black Hand, which was basically a Sith supergroup of all the most powerful Dark Side characters. Later on, I was made an admin of SW-Fans as a whole and by that point, it was not a big deal at all :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 15th, 2019, 11:45:42 AM
Befriending Vega IC was one of my favorite accomplishments. <3 :cool

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 15th, 2019, 11:46:49 AM
Befriending Vega IC was one of my favorite accomplishments. <3 :cool

:lol why?!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 15th, 2019, 11:57:28 AM
Because he was such a huge character on the boards! I never got to RP with him until he joined TBH, and I always wanted to. :)

Zasz Grimm
Apr 15th, 2019, 12:22:37 PM
One of the things I enjoyed most was the amount of OOC planning and thoughts that went around. How often we'd have characters who never met IC; or who loathed each other. But the bond behind the characters was what made it. Getting an AIM from someone from someone writing as a Jedi saying I should stir the pot to get posts going, and then that RP being one of the largest you've participated in.

Also, I miss The Black Hand. I admired so many of the writers. To be included as a member, and then to make Master while in the group was one of my most satisfying achievements in SW writing. Plus, Brian/Hobgoblin was an excellent master for Zasz. He was the evil yoda to my evil luke.

Other stories I miss greatly are Tirzak Kerr and Mr. Flux, and pairing them with s'Ilancy. Christin is a weaver of magical tales, and we had a grand time with those characters.

Charley
Apr 15th, 2019, 12:51:25 PM
In April of 1999 I followed a link on TheForce.Net to a site called JawaFortress, which had a box office challenge set up between Star Wars and Titanic. Among all that, there was also text-based roleplaying of a sort that started up. It's all hazy to me on what happened after that, but we went from JawaFortress to swfans to coruscantcity to swfans to holonet and here we are!

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 15th, 2019, 07:22:12 PM
I'm from the TalkCity days... boy was that a hoot. I was eventually linked to the ezboard and was poking around going, what the hell is happening here? All of the non SW shenanigans were throwing me for a loop but it was entertaining! I registered and introduced myself and Sith Kat steered me over to TSE. I want to say this was 2000ish when I started posting? It's a crazy blur!

There I was Dalethria for the longest time and eventually had my clones, which one managed to survive and became Navaria. When we rebooted here, my clones became real twins instead with their original backstory tweaked, and Dalethria was reborn into a completely new Sith.

Darth Turbogeek
Apr 15th, 2019, 09:20:33 PM
In April of 1999 I followed a link on TheForce.Net to a site called JawaFortress, which had a box office challenge set up between Star Wars and Titanic. Among all that, there was also text-based roleplaying of a sort that started up. It's all hazy to me on what happened after that, but we went from JawaFortress to swfans to coruscantcity to swfans to holonet and here we are!

I thought you arrived at Jawafortress before roleplay started?

Late May, 1999 - Itala Marzullo, self-proclaimed Sith Master, begins a thread entitled "The Sith Council," in which people officially join the first major RP-related group on the board. In response, sirdizzy begins a thread entitled "The Jedi Council," founding the first Jedi group. In both groups, initial ranks are determined by knowledge of Star Wars and the number of times having seen the original films. Roleplay becomes more of an influence on the boards, as a rivalry and recruiting war between the groups builds.

How it developed from there was a lot of my work, for better or worse. And the reason why I decided to insert something more than *lights lightsabre and slashes at face* was a pretty silly reason - I wanted to outwrite Sith posters to gain an advantage in the developing warfield. Annnnnnd...... now you know why the FORCE WEDGY was born because I'm actually pretty sure the first post that I actually put some effort into was to wedgy the hell out of Marzullo as a way of saying "F*** you* because in all honesty Itala was an amazingly obnoxious person in all sorts of ways.

The WEDGY got so effective in roleplay that Sith specifically wrote they had no underwear or like Lady Vader, fought in the nude or bodypaint to stop it. And thinking of Lady Vader in bodypaint, she caught Turbogeek in a kitchen as was giving him a lot of trouble until I was a bit sleep deprived on the train working out what to do as my favorite ideas weren't working. Someone on the train was talking about teflon frying pans and that's when I had a lightbulb moment.

Late 1998/Early 1999 - jawafortress hosts a small message board dedicated to Episode I possible boxoffice. Debate ensues about it's chances to overtake Titanic as the #1 box office film of all-time.

Early 1999 (January or February) - Jason and friends found "SWFans.net", a website specificallly dedicated to fandom of Star Wars. The "Star Wars vs. Titanic" forums (hosted by EZBoard) at jawafortress become a part of this new site. Activity on the message board begins into increase as TPM release date approaches.

CMJ
Apr 16th, 2019, 02:48:56 PM
I joined when it was still at Jawa Fortress. It was probably around the week TPM opened.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 16th, 2019, 02:50:31 PM
Hi CMJ!! :wave

CMJ
Apr 16th, 2019, 02:53:43 PM
LOL, hey there. Sorry I disappeared entirely for a couple of years (and was mostly gone for a couple of years before that). It happens. :) I do miss people from here.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 16th, 2019, 02:55:43 PM
It's ok! It happens to everyone. What's important now is that you're here....

...and you can never leave again.
https://media.giphy.com/media/PPi5c8l8WDY7if1L8z/giphy.gif

Mandy with an I
Apr 16th, 2019, 05:06:17 PM
Wow this place is so old.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 16th, 2019, 05:56:15 PM
Mandi!!! :eee

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 16th, 2019, 06:37:32 PM
I just kinda did in 1999/2000. Left in ‘03, came back whenever the reset happened, got busy with life and work...����*♂️

Rutabaga
Apr 16th, 2019, 07:35:30 PM
20 years? Seriously? Gah, I'm such an old fart.

So according to my account, I registered here in September of 2001, but the first iteration of SWFans was on EZBoard, right? Because I'm sure I first started posting in 1999. But because I'm an old fart, I can't for the life of me remember just how I found the place. Oh, and my original handle was JinnFizz, if that makes any difference.

Lots of memories in this place. Lots and lots of memories, some really crappy, but most of them pretty good.

I know I haven't really been around for a couple of years, but here I am, saying happy anniversary, y'all. :wave

Mandy with an I
Apr 16th, 2019, 09:47:33 PM
I keep getting a zillion emails about my accounts, and the 20 year thing intrigued me!

Also I am bad at keeping in touch with people >_>;

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 16th, 2019, 09:55:22 PM
If you want some old accounts deleted, I can take care of that for you Mandi. :thumbup I’m glad you stopped in!

You too, Rutabaga! I know we’re facebook friends but I’m happy to see you here, too. :D

Mandy with an I
Apr 16th, 2019, 10:06:27 PM
It's not a big deal, haha. How is everyone? Whats going on with y'all?

Atreyu
Apr 17th, 2019, 07:31:03 AM
I found Star Wars vs. Titanic (a subsection of Jawa Fortress) in late May 1999, via a banner link on another fan site I had been reading Star Wars news on. At the time the message board was some old, cheap, free service (didn't even have to register) that used the 'threaded' format that was still fairly in vogue at the time. I however spent more time in the chat room which resulted in myself being spoilt stupid concerning Episode 1 (it wasn't released in Australia until early June 1999).

Anyhow one night I was posting on the forum with a couple of others and a troll mass-spammed the board. Jason (the founder and owner) was also online but the message board didn't have the option to ban anyone so he migrated us that night to a new board software - ezboard. Unlike the earlier board however you had to register and I discovered my previous handle had already been taken for a Global Account (ezboard had 2 types of registration - Global and Local - the former allowing access across the entire ezboard network whilst the latter only allowed access to the particular board you registered on) so I instead registered 'Darth Jasper' (I think I got the Jasper name from a book). Naturally I continued posting and partaking in the discussion and soon joined the fledgling 'Jedi Council' that sirdizzy established as a lowly padawan. Somewhere around this time Jason renamed his website to 'SWFans.Net' and the message board followed suit. You can still find a screenshot of the old site here (http://www.starwarslocations.com/page.php?page=SWFans).

My family went to Central Australia shortly afterwards so I was absent for about 2 weeks. When I came back I found the board almsot deserted - there had been a revolution and now a new Star Wars board had been setup which nearly everyone had moved to (later to be known as CoruscantCity.Net). I posted a bit there however a few people were still hanging around the old SWFans board, including people like CMJ, jjwr, obiwan2 etc. The thing is that whilst all the regular SW posters had gone the hosted Replica Props section was still super-active so the SWFans ezboard was still turning up at the top of Star Wars searches on ezboard, which meant there were still people arriving and posting so we started to build the community back up slowly. However we still had trolling issues and with no active mods/admins we kept appealing to Jason to do something which eventually saw myself, CMJ and jjwr made mods (and eventually admins) of the board.

So we've got a little community now going and we're posting in a forum called 'Jedi vs. Sith'. The Jedi Council (later Jedi Order) is going well but the Sith are still fairly small in number. A new Sith Council (not affiliated with Itala's earlier group) got going led intially by Darth Sidious and later Darth Fenris, with assistance form other posters such as Bromine and Mara Jade1 (later Lady Mara Jade), which eventually took on the name of the Sith Empire. After a while a 3rd was setup called BSK (turns out it stood for Beer, Sex and Killing - things were pretty laid back in those days). Our ranking system had switched from number of Episode 1 viewings to one based on number of posts (which I kept changing every week).

In this time some of us were also posting over at CoruscantCity.Net and some of thir posters were returning the favour, notably people like Darth Turbogeek, Figrin D'an and Master Yogurt. Turns out that Itala had moved his Sith Council onto his own ezboard (the first of it's kind I believe) and the Jedi were left with not much to do so they started coming back over to SWFans to find a slowly growing Sith Empire here to deal with. The CoruscantCity.Net Jedi had also followed Itala's exampled and setup their own private board for Jedi and the SWFans Jedi were invited to visit as well. At about this time the whole 'infiltration' craze got going where Jedi and Sith attempted to hack into each other's boards (I remember Figrin and Turbogeek were quie successful in infiltrating Itala's group - I got busted within a day LOL) - we took it all so super-serious at the time but it seems all amusing now. I think the ultimate act was pulled off by AmazonBabe who successfully roleplayed as both herself and Lady Vader for a couple of years before anyone figured it out.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Charley (or 'The Lounge Lizard' as he was then known) was also hanging around here somewhere but I can't remember his exact involvement, maybe he can fill in. :)

Roleplaying at this time started to become a bit more developed. A lot of earlier threads were plain 'fight' threads with imaginative titles such as 'The Battle Rages' and 'Jedi A vs. Sith B' etc. On the SWFans end we had also tried other random ideas earlier like having maps etc, but it was jjwr using his old D&D knowledge that really got the current setup going. He initially tried to run it as a DM with different threads representing different locations and an OOC thread to keep it all organised, however it quickly took a life of it's own with everyone just posting to a single thread ('The Grasslands') and the DM kind of getting left behind.

With all this happening I ended up emailing Darth Turbogeek privately suggesting we should join the 2 Jedi groups but it didn't take immediately, however after another month or so we finally merged and formed the Greater Jedi Order in November 1999 (I think I may have made up the name but not fully certain being so long ago).

So from there things just further developed. BSK folded by years end as the handful of roleplayers there moved on. The Sith Empire also followed the example of the others in setting up it's own board and of course eventually go it's own way. The Sith Council had it's own revolution that attempted to kick Itala out however the other admin of the board (Darth Bane) swooped in and granted Itala his admin access again so the roleplayers left and founded The Sith Order. Another Sith group in the Rogue Sith Order also estabished itself, plus an Imperial group. Attempts were made at having a New Republic group (firstly with the New Republic Central Command) but it didn't fully take and ended up setting up as a sub-forum on the Greater Jedi Order's message board. And countless other groups have come and gone. Go check out the wiki (https://theholo.net/wiki/index.php/Category:Old_School)where some of them are still remembered.

Random stuff:
* As far as I can tell this is the oldest thread we have on the board (https://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?25312-BWAHAHAHAHA!), dated to July 1999 (it looks like an old trivia thread which we tended to do at the time).
* Also here is the earliest thread I can find with us attempting to record our board history (https://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?26585-A-Summary-of-SWFans-RPGing), it's dated July 2000 (yes, our first attempt at recording our history was the result of a debate about whether to allow the polls feature - just keep reading the good stuff is down a bit lower, plus some familiar faces :)).
* In the early days we used HTML tables for our signatures (ezboard wasn't using 'ezcode' at this time and allowed direct HTML to be used in posts). Many a thread would break because someone forgot to properly close off their table. Charley had an absolutely massive signature full of gifs and various phrases, most related to Dragonball Z. :smokin And Darth Turbogeek had his large scrolling signature which could slow the thread loading to a crawl. :lol Don't ask about all the animated lightsabers we were rocking. :D

Cheers to 20 years guys and thanks for all the good times. :wave

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 17th, 2019, 07:39:45 AM
Hey there, Mandi!! We're still all plugging along and passing the time ^_^ How are you doing??!

And dang, Atreyu. That's a heck of a start. I always love reading your accounts of those old days anyway, so you had me hook, line, and sinker from the first sentence.

Droo
Apr 17th, 2019, 08:00:34 AM
I first stumbled upon the Ezboard for The Sith Council when I was searching for Sith lore stuff for tabletop roleplaying. I lingered and created my Gav Mortis account that day, June 13th, 2000. I started out with training threads, and lurking around the Sith Council forums for a while, taking part in the Sith luau, and other sinister Dark Sider activities. In no time at all, I found the swvstitanic board, which was a bit like graduating from swimming in a lake to swimming in an ocean. Swept up in the chaos, I'm quite convinced my first roleplaying post there was in the Death Star: Part 3 thread, in which Gav and Garrett turned up in our own Eclipse and Sovereign-class Super Star Destroyers. As you do.

Hello to faces old and new!

CMJ
Apr 17th, 2019, 08:15:35 AM
Any commentary about the old Boxoffice forums is useless without discussing Jedi3167 (wasn't that it?), the king of conspiracy theories.

Also Jonathan Bowen.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 17th, 2019, 08:46:42 AM
Jonathan Bowen was JonathanLB, yes?

Because boy have I heard some stories.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 17th, 2019, 09:51:40 AM
I first stumbled upon the Ezboard for The Sith Council when I was searching for Sith lore stuff for tabletop roleplaying. I lingered and created my Gav Mortis account that day, June 13th, 2000. I started out with training threads, and lurking around the Sith Council forums for a while, taking part in the Sith luau, and other sinister Dark Sider activities. In no time at all, I found the swvstitanic board, which was a bit like graduating from swimming in a lake to swimming in an ocean. Swept up in the chaos, I'm quite convinced my first roleplaying post there was in the Death Star: Part 3 thread, in which Gav and Garrett turned up in our own Eclipse and Sovereign-class Super Star Destroyers. As you do.

Hello to faces old and new!
Yes, I just read an old thread, the Coruscant destroying one, where you pop in and go “oh man I left my Eclipse ISD at home do I have time to get it” and Itala says, “Yes, that’s fine, you have time,” and you have to explain that you were joking.

And then you pulled one out of your back pocket anyway. :lol

Edit: if it’s any consolation here’s my first post. (https://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?26673-TSC-Fleet&p=457393&viewfull=1#post457393)

Mandy with an I
Apr 17th, 2019, 10:52:21 AM
Hey there, Mandi!! We're still all plugging along and passing the time ^_^ How are you doing??!

And dang, Atreyu. That's a heck of a start. I always love reading your accounts of those old days anyway, so you had me hook, line, and sinker from the first sentence.

I'm doing really good. I've been working at a hardware store, while doing design work (mostly for wrestling!) as a side job. I have a boyfriend and a dog, but everything else is pretty much the same, hahaha. I'm mostly on twitter as far as social media is concerned.

I hope you and Charlie are doing well <3

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 17th, 2019, 11:17:16 AM
We're doing well! Mostly it's the same-old same-old, hehe. We did Celebration this last weekend in Chicago, which was insanely fun ^_^

Mandy with an I
Apr 17th, 2019, 11:19:42 AM
We were just in Detroit for a wrestling show - we're going to Chicago for another one in May :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 17th, 2019, 11:39:23 AM
Chicago is great, and the suburbs around it are quite lovely! Hopefully it won't snow on you like it did us when we were leaving, haha!

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 17th, 2019, 01:05:08 PM
Hello, old timers :D

Figrin D'an
Apr 17th, 2019, 02:35:17 PM
My story mirrors that of Charley, and right around the same time frame. The Force.Net -> JawaFortress -> SW vs Titanic site -> SW vs Titanic Board.

Those were some fascinating days back in '99, given 20 years of perspective.

Also, hi everyone. :wave

CMJ
Apr 17th, 2019, 05:10:48 PM
Jonathan Bowen was JonathanLB, yes?

Because boy have I heard some stories.

Yes.

When he first moved to LA he and I talked a few times, but he hated it here and moved to Vegas. Last I heard he was still running a camera rental house or something like that.

Kent
Apr 17th, 2019, 06:42:34 PM
So, just got this email that it's been twenty years since swvstitanic. I gotta say, I still remember those days... the massive cluster truck that was the Imperial Assault on the Jedi temple and the resulting thread that lagged out ezboard. So much has happened since then, so much that I wasn't around for. I left you guys sometime after the move to SWFans, and I don't even remember how long ago that was. I was *shocked* to see that it had been twenty years as it is! Regardless of whatever was the reason I stopped talking to you guys, I'm happy to see yall are still around happy and healthy. Keep up the good work!

-Lord Gue

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 17th, 2019, 08:05:36 PM
Hi Lord Gue!

I still remember you asking what “que” means. :D

Kent
Apr 17th, 2019, 08:24:59 PM
Hey, when stuff looks like your name you gotta wonder if people are just making typos! :-P
I remember you dropping by The Rebel Faction some years back, when I was over there. Something about doing a history project for the spawn of SWFans. Since The Gungan Council came out of this and The Rebel Faction came out of that.

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 18th, 2019, 12:57:04 AM
Good to see you, Gue :) Hope you're doing well.

Kent
Apr 18th, 2019, 08:47:30 AM
Life hasn't gotten much easier over the years... I've had my gallbladder removed, surgery and chemotherapy for thyroid cancer and am in a constant state of war with my trailer which is falling apart in a hundred different ways. But, still around and able to type messages, which is better than not! :-)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 18th, 2019, 10:11:06 AM
Life hasn't gotten much easier over the years... I've had my gallbladder removed, surgery and chemotherapy for thyroid cancer and am in a constant state of war with my trailer which is falling apart in a hundred different ways. But, still around and able to type messages, which is better than not! :-)
Wow, that sounds really rough. Is your health okay now?

Kent
Apr 18th, 2019, 10:32:33 AM
I stopped going back for treatments because it was more expensive than I could afford. I've been doing exercises at home to get my arm back in shape. The cancer was mostly in the right side of my neck, going down beneath the collar bone, so when they removed it in surgery they cut through a bunch of nerves that made it painful to move my arm for a long time. Overall, I still go to do home repair and get everything done around the house and work a full time job... so not all that debilitating.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 18th, 2019, 10:50:15 AM
I stopped going back for treatments because it was more expensive than I could afford. I've been doing exercises at home to get my arm back in shape. The cancer was mostly in the right side of my neck, going down beneath the collar bone, so when they removed it in surgery they cut through a bunch of nerves that made it painful to move my arm for a long time. Overall, I still go to do home repair and get everything done around the house and work a full time job... so not all that debilitating.Damn, I’m sorry to hear that.

And some people still think we shouldn’t have universal healthcare. :shakefist

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 18th, 2019, 11:09:35 AM
Damn guy :( I'm really sorry to hear that :( At the very least you're doing what you can to get your arm back into shape and able to move around and stay as active as possible.

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 18th, 2019, 12:23:57 PM
I echo what Christin said <3

Mandy with an I
Apr 21st, 2019, 12:32:29 AM
I stopped going back for treatments because it was more expensive than I could afford. I've been doing exercises at home to get my arm back in shape. The cancer was mostly in the right side of my neck, going down beneath the collar bone, so when they removed it in surgery they cut through a bunch of nerves that made it painful to move my arm for a long time. Overall, I still go to do home repair and get everything done around the house and work a full time job... so not all that debilitating.

Wow, that really sucks. I hope things start to look up for you.

Mu Satach
May 3rd, 2019, 10:41:53 AM
Look what I finally found. It's been hiding in a filebox of old things I haven't looked at since I moved from one apartment to another back in 2009.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 3rd, 2019, 10:43:44 AM
Baby nerds! ��

Who’s the guy standing behind Jenny?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 3rd, 2019, 10:44:07 AM
Oh my stars!!!!!!

This is just amazing <3

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2019, 10:44:56 AM
I love those tiny nerds :3

Liz :cry

Baby nerds! ��

Who’s the guy standing behind Jenny?

I believe his name was Chris? He wrote a character named D'Kor. Came over from SWRPG for a while.

Miranda Tarkin
May 3rd, 2019, 10:49:11 AM
Aahhhhh!!!! Look at us at the Aquarium..

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2019, 10:50:42 AM
We spent such a long time just staring at that giant tank ^_^

Emelie Shadowstar
May 3rd, 2019, 10:56:48 AM
JFC... what happened to us all? :lol

Oh.

Hi. :wave

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2019, 10:58:01 AM
10 years? We aged like fine wines?

Lilaena De'Ville
May 3rd, 2019, 11:03:45 AM
Liz <3

We look great there and we still all look great. :thumbup

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2019, 11:06:11 AM
If we just keep saying Liz's name maybe it will summon her in Atlanta?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 3rd, 2019, 11:12:24 AM
Saraaaahhhhhhh *glomp*

Lilaena De'Ville
May 3rd, 2019, 11:42:06 AM
If we just keep saying Liz's name maybe it will summon her in Atlanta?
Fingers crossed!!

(Liz Liz Liz Liz)

Kent
May 4th, 2019, 07:47:20 PM
10 years? We aged like fine wines?

You aged like fine wine, I aged like milk :-P

Dasquian Belargic
May 5th, 2019, 03:44:06 AM
You became a delicious cheese? :D

Lilaena De'Ville
May 5th, 2019, 09:31:19 AM
Mmm cheeeeeeese