PDA

View Full Version : A Homeland for the Homeless

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 17th, 2019, 12:00:12 AM
Arya Ravenwing sat in her cabin with her head leaning on a bulkhead, listening to the hyperdrive thrumming. Loklorien's last words to her were running through her mind.

Trust me now.

The Wing of the Raven was on a course for Bondan. After a quick stop at Jovan Station to offload the gallo pigs (all the ones they could find, anyway), they were just going to make it to the rendezvous on time, in the next ten or so hours.

Arya tapped her chest absently, letting her eyes close. Just when she was about to fall asleep someone knocked at her door.

"Come in," she called, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 17th, 2019, 12:11:40 AM
Jaassuuvi was taking a nap. He seemed to take a lot of naps. But, it did not bother him so much. Rest was always welcome, especially in the wake of their last stop. The Jovan Station, as Arya had called it... it was teeming with life and sounds and energy. Too much for him, in his still relatively renewed state. He'd not been in this new galaxy for but maybe a month, and what a month it had been!

He'd been given what Arya and Jaassuuvi had both called a 'crash course' in understanding these new times, but it had still not been quite enough to prepare him for the miasma of sheer bodies and life that was contained within a single space station's walls.

And so, he had retreated. He'd sought refuge back on Arya's ship for the remainder of their stay, burying himself in the quiet it offered.

Now though, they were back to traveling. Speeding through the tunnel of hyperspace to... Bondan?

Because of some mysterious woman that Arya seemed to take a liking to?

It was a thought that spurred him on to the door of Arya's quarters, and his hand slapped the hard durasteel.

A muffled answer from inside, and the door opened.

For a moment he stood, collecting his thoughts and the words in Basic that he might need, then carefully stepped past the threshold before the door whisked shut behind him.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 17th, 2019, 12:23:12 AM
Arya smiled at Dietre, reaching from her bed to where a glass of warm whiskey sat on her desk, the bottle next to it.

"Hey." She took a sip and held it in her lap, curling her legs up underneath her and resting her head back against the bulkhead. "Everything okay?"

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 17th, 2019, 12:34:06 AM
She was so relaxed. Drinking her brown fire and almost sleeping.

With a heavy breath, Dietre let his chest rise and fall. He was nervous; so new to things, he couldn't help the worry that he would somehow end up in the cold sleep once more.

"De woman. Who is she dat you do what she asks without askink?"

His thoughts pressed on unbidden to the worst possible conclusion; was Arya beholden to a Leh'beni? An A'kha'ri?

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 17th, 2019, 12:42:26 AM
"A friend. You know what friends are, right?" Arya quirked an eyebrow and sipped her drink. "Loklorien s'Ilancy. We're like, cousins?"

She shrugged, finishing the last swallow from the glass. "She's a Lupine too. We can trust her." He looked and smelled worried, so she tried to project confidence to reassure him.

"She found something of mine that I've been trying to get back for a while. A medallion that belonged to my father." Arya held up her hand and touched her middle finger to the tip of her thumb to indicate how big it was. "Lok said it was my family crest. But it's all I have left of them."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 17th, 2019, 12:48:06 AM
s'Ilancy? He knew of no House with that name. It was enough to make him frown, and Dietre angled his head to the side as he watched Arya describe the crest.

"Like, your Brand, den... but cast in de metal?"

He shook his head, dispelling any answer she might have in favor of yet another question.

"s'Ilancy is not a House dat I know. Are you sure dat she is of our Blood?"

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 17th, 2019, 01:00:22 AM
What was it with Lupines and brands? She pushed herself upright and set her glass on the desk, pouring another two fingers of liquor.

"You're looming," Arya said, craning her neck to look up at him. "Have a seat."

She settled back on her bed. "I think her house is... Losstarot? Is that a House?"

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 17th, 2019, 01:14:27 AM
He was halfway down to sit.

Losstarot.

The pretenders. The second-best. The ones that came after. There were a myriad of names that they had, and none of them particularly flattering.

Again he was standing, 'looming', as Arya had said. Angry eyes now looked down at her as he took a step forward.

"Losstarot is of de rotten Blood," his shoulders hitched back.

"Dey are less dan de ground you walk over. Less dan dat brown fire-water you drink."

He paused, and with a sigh knelt down so that he was directly in front of her.

"Ravenwing, do not go to dis... dis... "

A Losstarot!

"... dis dai'kheh!"

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 17th, 2019, 01:26:27 AM
"It's alcohol, I'm sure they had liquor a hundred years ago -" Arya paused as Dietre knelt in front of her, his anger momentarily dissipating before it boiled over again with an expletive of some sort.

She pulled her legs up, shoulders hunching as her Beast raised its hackles. "She's not rotten, she's my friend. I don't know what you think you know but it's out of date."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 17th, 2019, 03:01:56 PM
She was adamant in her defense, and Dietre couldn't help but feel sorry for the delusion that she'd been taken by. He could still remember the old stories, the histories, the tales of how the Losstarot waged constant ware with the Loveloxx. With their magics and tricks. With their thralls who never thought twice when butchering the young. And even though they all had an enemy in the dirt-birthed Leh'beni, there was still so much hatred between the two Bloodlines. Sparked by Melkhiah Losstarot's traitorous actions and his betrayal of Townsend Loveloxx, it was a feud that had spanned dynasties.

"De Losstarot, dey are below us."

His accent, already pronounced, seemed to deepen as he went on.

"Dey take de pleasures in givink de Loveloxx pains and heartache. Dey have killed de young, and used de bones as decoration. Dey lie, dey cheat, dey spin de old magics dat makes our, kheh'seh'a... boilink bloods? De mad eyes."

His features hardened even more, at the memory of the last time he had been forced into a Change. Still kneeling before Ravenwing, he felt his shoulder muscles tense, and his hands came up and out to rest palm-down on either side of her legs.

"Dey are of de heretic, and hold his blood. Dey are not friends."

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Mar 17th, 2019, 04:21:24 PM
"Everything okay in here?"

The insides of the ship was a twist of single purpose rooms and connecting corridors. Despite the relative small space there were plenty of hard edges and deep corners for sound to get lost in. Words became garbled and hard to distinguish over the rumble of the engines. Tone, on the other hand, had a way of cutting through the obstacles. It was tone that roused the Cizerack from his slumber and propelled him into the doorway of Arya's room. The tone was harsh, angry. It sounded like an argument.

The Gallo Pig resting in the crutch of his arm squealed it's own greeting.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 18th, 2019, 11:57:27 AM
Arya surged to her feet, knocking Deitre's arm aside as she stood over him, subconsciously trying to assert dominance.

"Loklorien and I are the last. Were the last. Whatever atrocities her House committed in the past are just that. In the past."

As Jaas' voice came through the door, she turned and shouted, "Everything is fine!"

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 18th, 2019, 12:23:29 PM
A fraction of a second followed before he heaved upwards as well, and broad shoulders hitching back, Dietre turned to look at Jaassuuvi. Jaassuuvi and the gallo pig. The pet gallo pig.

Despite his furrowed brow and scowling countenance, the Luthgarde Lupine pulled in a deep breath, let it out, and then gave a slow nod.

"Yes. We are all well, in here."

At the last moment, he remembered that good manners were to extend the concern back through the still-closed door.

"And you... are you well?"

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Mar 18th, 2019, 06:58:59 PM
Jaas knew exactly what they were going to say later if he brought this up when minds were calmer. It's Lupine business, Jaas. Keep your nose out of it. Fine. They can tear each other's throats out for all he cared.

Ignoring Dietre's oddball return, Jaas instead thumped his hand on the door. "You don't sound fine."

And with that he turned and left, grumbling under his breath all the way to the kitchen.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 18th, 2019, 08:29:26 PM
Arya shook herself, trying to get rid of the feeling of fur bristling just under her skin.

"We're meeting her in like ten hours, I expect you to be polite. And then we're going to Schwartzweld, or something, I don't know if that's the right name." She swigged her whiskey and set the glass down on her desk, a little too hard.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 18th, 2019, 11:44:43 PM
"It is de right name," he groused.

The scowl he wore was a deep one, and slowly, his eyes tracked from the door to Arya once more as his arms came up to cross over his chest.

"I am de last of de Luthgarde Rei'dulf. I will act in de way I am supposed to act."

Like a brooding statue he stood in thought, staring down at Arya as his mind turned over the many possibilities of this future meeting.

"If de Losstarot has magics, we will need Ura'kheta bones. Where do you keep dem."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 19th, 2019, 12:03:43 AM
"What in the hells are you talking about?" Arya thrust her chin out at him. "I don't keep bones on board except for what's leftover when Jaas eats."

And what's a reydulf? She wasn't about to ask that one, though.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 19th, 2019, 12:14:02 AM
What in the galaxy had happened while he was in the cold sleep?! Had everyone turned to the arms of insanity?! Had later generations failed their young so much, that the secrets of the blood bones were lost?!

Dietre let out a sigh.

"Dey are like de... kheh'seh'a... you wear it? Only, dey are helpink us to stay in our minds."

There was a frustrated tone in his voice as he did his best to explain.

"If we are around de magics, den we are safe. But only if we have dem."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 19th, 2019, 12:28:08 AM
"Well, yeah, that would be frelling useful. I've never heard of them before."

Arya paused, considering. There had been a few mentions of bones in her mother's journal, but it was all so jumbled. Wait, was that where I heard Schwartzweld before? Her heart sank a bit, and she put thoughts of the journal out of her mind.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 19th, 2019, 11:19:23 AM
This day... it could only become worse. First, a Losstarot. And now, Arya did not know of the very things that would help them all, and keep them from being so vulnerable to the whims of a galaxy that already held them in a crushing grip.

"How are you still walkink about? It is amazink dat your modder let you leafe her teet."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 19th, 2019, 11:32:35 AM
"My mother was stark raving mad when she died," spat Arya, her body itching to move but she refused to back down from Dietre. "After my father died she lost it. I was just a little kid. So step off with your sanctimonious bullshit."

She stepped forward, almost bumping into him as her eyes flashed gold.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 19th, 2019, 11:47:34 AM
She stepped up to him, and he let her.

"De Madness," his voice whispered out in worry.

The two stood, and he remained silent for a short time as his mind worked to process not only what she spoke of, but worked also to try to understand this new word she threw at him. Sank-te-moni-uss?

His head shook, trying to clear away the fog of translation. Or well, the lack thereof.

"De Madness is a sickness dat is de most bad."

He had seen many times the state that such insanity pushed his people. And as a member of his House's Rei'dulf, it had always been his duty to comfort those who lost family to the affliction.

Features growing soft, the Luthgarde broke eye-contact, his head bowing as one hand came up to rest on her shoulder.

"Al'akhe. Nri'tu ta te hga. No one of us deserves to die of it. Sukheh khama. I am sorrow for your loss."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 19th, 2019, 12:01:17 PM
His head bowed toward her stubborn and uplifted face, and her anger melted away as Arya suddenly became aware how close together they were. His scent filled her nostrils, regret and sadness layered over the smell of clean skin.

"Uh, it was a long time ago." The Beast subsided within, and Arya could almost feel her cocking her head to one side curiously, as if seeing Dietre for the first time. She extricated herself from his touch, stepping back and bumping her hips against her desk. "Thanks. So, I had nothing. My parents had no living relatives that I know of - I've looked, believe me. No Ravenwings on Ryloth, or anywhere else. No one to teach me all these customs and things that you and Lok go on and on about."

She snorted. "Can you believe she told me I should be branded?"

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 19th, 2019, 12:16:22 PM
"All of us have de Brand."

It was rumbled out without thought, as he lifted his gaze back up.

"It shows all dat we are bound to our Houses, and our Houses are bound to us. It is our honor to carry de Brand."

A moment later, puzzlement passed through his eyes.

"You... do not have de Brand?"

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 19th, 2019, 12:23:58 PM
"I don't even know what sort of brand it is I'm supposed to have." Arya rolled her eyes. "I mean, yeah, House Brand, to prove loyalty and all that. But if I'm the last of my House what's the point? I'm not going to have any kids."

She narrowed her eyes at him, thinking. She'd seen the scar on his back when they had thawed him out, but she hadn't taken a good look at it. No, that's not exactly true, is it. She'd gotten an eyeful of his body, but there had been a lot going on.

Arya sat on the desk, foot on the chair and folding her arms. "Can I see yours?"

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 19th, 2019, 12:42:08 PM
He watched her sit, trying to understand how one could be so flippant about the highest honor and the most identifying part of life.

Her last question stirred him though, and Dietre lingered for only a moment in considering the request. Then again, wearing this strange shirt with bright colors and strange words, it was not the same as the normal robes he was used to.

Without ceremony, the Luthgarde Lupine peeled his upper garment up and over his head. No longer would his chest be adorned with some alien text that apparently said 'Coruscant 21', est 30 BBY'. Whatever that meant.

The thin shirt was tossed to the bunk, and Dietre inhaled deeply as her turned about. The silver-branded mark of House Luthgarde prominent between his shoulder blades.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 19th, 2019, 12:59:15 PM
"Hmm, yes," she said, her eyes tracing the broad muscles of his back before settling on the mark scarred into it.

Arya got to her feet, buoyed by the whiskey, and put a finger on it, lightly tracing the circular brand. "How old were you when you got it?"

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 19th, 2019, 11:29:23 PM
"Five cycles," her fingertips were only a mild distraction, as his memories took him back to that time so many years ago. Hundreds, in fact. Was he the longest living of their kind, now? He knew that the normal lifespan was at least three hundred years, and that the Losstarot - the ones with magics - they lived longer. But if Arya and Jaassuuvi had done their math correctly, then he was now over seven hundred years. And still breathing! His blood still ran through his veins and gave him strength.

"I held vigil in de Grey Hall, and remained silent even as de Sestra gave to me deir tests."

He could still see the Holy Sisters and their narrowed eyes, their pelts matted with dried mud and adorned with braids and the Leh'beni knuckle-bone charms.

Instinctively he reached up to pass a hand over the Khe'dij. The ritual silver scars on his head.

"At ten cycles I earned de Khe'dij."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 19th, 2019, 11:53:05 PM
Arya sighed, letting her hand drop to her side. He was a man out of time, and while she wanted to know as much as she could about what he knew, she wasn't sure she was able to take it in the way he presented it. She could feel his constant disappointment in her, in how she failed to live up to the grand history of the Loveloxx. And then she dug in her heels even more.

She walked around until she stood in front of him again. Arya held out her palm, showing him a circular scar about three centimeters in diameter. "I was four. My mother was teaching me about silver."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 20th, 2019, 12:01:34 AM
Again he was looking down at her, and now at her presented palm. He took it with one hand, the other moving to trace the scar's outline with his index finger.

"Is a hard lesson for de ne'beh to have learnink," his voice was low.

"Dough, I am making de bet- " he hoped that he was using the phrase right, "... dat you did not forget de lesson, yes?"

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 20th, 2019, 12:08:13 AM
She looked up at him, her mouth twisting sardonically. "No, no I didn't forget."

There were two fine lines scarred into her temple, nearly always hidden by her hair, where Khendon Sevon had struck her with a silver chain wrapped around his fist. She did not show these to Dietre. How would she even begin to explain that situation to him?

Arya leaned closer to him, then to the side as she bent to pick his shirt up off the bed.

"We'll be to Bondan in a few hours. Best to get some sleep."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 20th, 2019, 11:46:54 PM
Taking the shirt from her, he simply held it in his hands. The garment was turned over once, twice, a third time.

That she did not have her Brand was perplexing, and he stalled the inevitable trip back to the room he shared with Jaassuuvi.

"I can give you de Brand, yes? If we go home, to Schwartzweld, den we can go to de Ravenwing manor. Dere will be a Ura'dij dere, somewhere."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 21st, 2019, 12:00:18 AM
”I don’t want a fucking - wait, there’s a Ravenwing Manor?” Arya cocked her head to the side. “What is Schwartzweld, anyway?”

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 21st, 2019, 12:10:15 AM
"It is home."

Her initially sharp tone seemed to melt into curiosity, which only made him confused.

"It is where we used to have our lives."

The muscles of his jaw clenched, and Dietre frowned.

"Before de Migration, dat was where we all were livink. How do you not knowink dis?"

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 21st, 2019, 12:26:43 AM
Arya fought the urge to roll her eyes. Sure, there was a language barrier, but he’d been picking up Basic pretty fast. Was he slow?

”I told you. I don’t know anything. Just assume if it’s something important about my Lupine heritage of the Lesser House of Ravenwing, that I don’t know it. I read my mother’s journal fifty times. A hundred times.” A hundred and one. “But nothing in what she wrote connected to anything else. And I don’t even have it, to sit down and try to make sense of it anymore, even though I want to.”

She was overwhelmed with emotion, and she sat heavily on the edge of her bed.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 21st, 2019, 12:38:01 AM
She was like some lost ne'beh, and his expression softened. The weight on her shoulders seemed immense... the weight of not knowing. It worried him.

"You are havink de sorrows," his voice lowered in volume, almost to a hoarse whisper.

"As Rei'dulf of House Luthgarde, I would... help."

His free hand moved up to rest over his chest, where his heart thumped rhythmically from behind his ribs.

"I am not havink de Khe'dij for no reasons."

In that moment, he stood like a protecting sentinel, watching her.

"De modder, she was givink her mind to de madness. But I am not. I am here to show you what you need to be seeings."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 21st, 2019, 12:51:36 AM
“Great,” Arya said grumpily. “Terrific.”

She was tempted to lay the sarcasm on thick, but she stopped herself. She really did want to know.

”Maybe you can help me not embarrass myself in front of our cousin when we get there.”

NINE HOURS LATER

“This is Bondan.” Arya gestured at the system in front of them. “Loklorien should be nearby.”

She had no idea what sort of ship the other Lupine would be traveling in, but she hopes it wasn’t some big Alliance cruiser. Government authority figures made her nervous.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2019, 11:56:36 AM
The stillness of space was a serene, tranquil thing to behold. Inky blackness, silence, stillness, nothing to disturb the mind, heart, or calm of a person intent on finding peace. The stars, like glittering Corusca ice-gems set in a blanket of the darkest velvet, shone and shimmered to let all know they existed.

It was a quiet that did not last however, as the emptiness was split by a soundless crack that seemed to thunder through the bulkheads of Wing of the Raven.

In the blink of an eye the massive hulk of Khera'Va'ss'io disgorged himself from hyperspace. His rakish, winged hull of matte green shed the last of its dissipating energy collected from the hyperlane like a great beast shrugging off glittering detritus into the nothingness around it.

Perched over the much smaller Chevette-77, the Alliance warship matched the smaller craft's orbital angle.

On the bridge, Captain s'Ilancy sat. She held a 'pad in one hand as the fingers of her other ticked over the inset panel of her chair's wide armrest.

"Orbits in sync, Captain."

"Thank you, Mr. Rahgus."

Finally she looked up. The massive viewscreen only showed her a view of Bondan's horizon, and she leaned back.

"Show me the ship."

"Yes Ma'am."

Moments later the view changed, so that she could now look upon Arya's cruiser. Samus had seemed rather intrigued at the notion that a Chevette-77 was still operating somewhere in the galaxy. He'd even made some offhand comment about asking the Loveloxx if she would sell the thing. For her part, s'Il had only made a pained face before leaving him to finish his meal back in the galley.

"Ship-to-ship please, KHER."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 21st, 2019, 11:56:40 AM
His eyes grew wide for a half-second before narrowing. His hands gripped the armrest of his seat for only a moment before he rose to stand.

"Dat is a Khe'sari ship," he breathed out.

"Dis Losstarot... you did not say dat she commands de vessel for huntink."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 21st, 2019, 12:15:01 PM
Arya burned her tongue on her caf when the huge cruiser appeared in front of them. Sensors pinged the transponder code as an Alliance ship, designation Khera'Va'ss'io.

"Well, I didn't know she did," Arya said. "What is a - you know, never mind. We can talk about it later."

It seemed there was more she didn't know about Loklorien s'Ilancy than she did. Doubt, fanned by Dietre's tirade from the night before, crept back into her mind.

"Talk about a power move," she muttered, opening a channel to the ship when it was requested by the much larger vehicle. "Hey 'cousin,' is that you?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2019, 11:21:20 PM
The small representation of Arya's upper half materialized before her.

"It is. I hope that your trip was uneventful enough?"

Which, to the both of them meant a good thing. The less bumps along the way the better.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 21st, 2019, 11:30:32 PM
“Smooth sailing on this end. You’ve, ah, upgraded since I last saw you.” Arya raised her eyebrows.

”So, are you sending me coordinates or...?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2019, 11:38:58 PM
Her smile came easily. It held a hint of warmth and good will.

"My deckmaster will send you docking instructions."

It had been a long time since she'd seen the Loveloxx Lupine face to face, and s'Il set aside her 'pad before slowly easing forward and up onto her feet. Instinctively, she reached down to tug the hem of her duty jacket in an effort to banish any creases it had developed as she sat.

"We should travel together, as it is safer."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 21st, 2019, 11:48:21 PM
"Docking instructions." Arya looked to the side at Jaas, who made the 'cut-throat' gesture. "Sure, sounds good.

"Expecting trouble?" she queried innocently as the instructions came through in text form. Oh frack me. Were gallo pigs a restricted species in Alliance space? She didn't think so, but what if they were? There were at least three still on the ship, two nesting in the bulkheads and one in Jaas' arms.

There was nothing to it but to fly nonchalantly toward the enormous cruiser.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2019, 11:58:43 PM
"Just being cautious."

A few short steps downward to the bridge's main level.

"When the moons are closest is the most dangerous. At least this way we do not run the risk of being split up. Again."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 21st, 2019, 11:59:37 PM
"She is right," he murmured quietly.

"De moons - Schwartzweld and Leh'ben - when dey are in de same path, de risk of de Guardians is magnified."

He scowled.

"We are best to be approaching when Leh'ben makes her orbit dat is at de greatest distance away, on de odder side of de planet."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 22nd, 2019, 12:05:47 AM
What the hell is a guardian?

Arya hesitated, then said over the comm, "I'll do this on one condition. None of your Alliance people put a finger on my ship. I trust you, Lok, not the Alliance."

The Khera'Va'ss'io enveloped the Wing of the Raven as the much smaller freighter entered a hangar as instructed.

"It'll be fine," Arya said to her comrades, looking up at the interior of the cruiser. "Don't worry."

Inside, however, she was sweating bullets, and from Dietre's glance she knew he could tell.

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Mar 23rd, 2019, 05:56:21 PM
"Hearr that Kai? Sshe ssays it'll be fine. Sshe forgets we have two fugitivess and two lupiness between the thrree of uss."

Jaasuuvi mumbled under his breath to the Gallo Pig on his lap as he spun in his seat and began plucking in the docking codes so that they could sync their sublight engines to match the speed of the Alliance Cruiser for a smooth glide into the docking bay.

"I hope they kept my ccell warrm."

It wasn't until the massive Alliance ship was looming on the viewscreen that it really sunk in that this whole thing was a really bad idea. The way Arya talked about it, he had expected this Alliance Captain Cousin of her's to come along in a starfighter and that it would be no big deal. This was a big deal. That was the Alliance out there. There could be Cizeracks on that ship, there could be records of his criminal record and sentencing shared with the Cluster's allies. There was a million things that could go horribly wrong, and they were all playing through his head at light speed.

No matter how many times he looked down at his arm to confirm his wrist was wrapped and out of sight, he still felt exposed. At least Dee looked composed, unlike Arya who looked like she ate day old sajoi.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 25th, 2019, 12:34:17 PM
The Wing of the Raven settled comfortably in the main hangar, and a myriad of tech crews gave enough space to allow the classic ship the chance to ease its weight onto its landing struts. They'd already been advised to keep their distance, but the captain had never said anything about staring. A few of the old-timers looked on in a small bit of envy, and one of them was already murmuring to his friends about the old Chevette that he'd had when he was just out of forming school back on Balosar - back before the Empire came along and took the fun out of classic starship design. That was why he joined up with the Alliance, after all - because he felt they were the dewback to hitch his cart to when it came to making sure the 'dream' stayed alive, and every young buck deserved to have a chance to fly the classic styles of...

s'Il took her attentions from his rambling words to return to the ship now in front of her.

Samus had stayed behind on the bridge, but KHER had of course chosen to accompany her.

His rail-thin body and hawkish black-orb eyes took in everything.

You say that she is Loveloxx?

"I do."

A strange guest to have aboard, Ma'am. The last Loveloxx that came aboard a Losstarot ship was -

"I do not want to hear about the past, KHER."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 25th, 2019, 02:18:04 PM
“Here we go,” said Arya, a little too breezily as she opened up the hatch. “Twopio, stay on board and alert me immediately if anything happens to the ship.”

”Anything, Captain Arya? That seems extremely vague -“

”Anything, Bluebell.” Arya walked down the ramp as Twopio spluttered. “Loklorien! How-”

The sight of the large droid beside her friend made her falter, but Arya gamely continued on, stopping just outside her ship. “...are you?”

KHER
Mar 26th, 2019, 10:12:20 AM
KHER watched the arrival of this Loveloxx Lupine, the first one to step aboard in... his internal processors raced through the ship's old memory banks for a fraction of a second.

... not in a long time. The more accurate word would be 'ever'.

His stance shifted, shoulders rolling back in their pivot joints as he let his head angle up on his oddly jointed neck.

He would say nothing for now, but the Captain had not stipulated that he not make sure that the Loveloxx see him.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 26th, 2019, 10:25:32 AM
Out of her peripheral vision, she could see KHER gather himself to stand slightly taller. She would have to have someone look into his behavioral modifiers to try and tone down the old cantankerous nature that he seemed to wallow his processors in. But, she soon enough turned her full attentions to Arya.

She smiled a genuine smile, stepping forward to meet the other Lupine halfway.

"Arya," there was happiness in her eye, "... Iskhra-Sonne smiles on us once more."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 26th, 2019, 10:48:18 AM
"Does it? Great." Arya's eyes were drawn from Loklorien's diminutive frame to the two plus meter droid behind her. Was it trying to make itself look even bigger?

"So, ah, this is Jaas, my partner. Work partner." She turned slightly toward the big Cizerack to introduce him as he joined her on the deck. Behind Jaas and his infernal gallo pig, Dietre became visible, caution rolling off of his body almost visibly.

"And Dietre san Luthgarde."

All cards on the table. It wouldn't do any good to try bluffing when Lok's nose was as good, or better than her own.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 26th, 2019, 11:00:57 AM
The sight of the hulking Cizerack was a surprise, and she nodded respectfully to Arya's 'work partner'. Jaas. And in his hands, so lovingly coddled and visibly comfortable was a... gallo pig? And he'd not eaten it yet? Had Arya finally found the one Cizerack in existence that did not eat small creatures?

It was the third body coming down the ramp that caught her eye next, and the name that Arya spoke...

"... san Luthgarde... ?"

It was an introduction that caught her quite off guard, and s'Il halted her gait just short of the trio.

A san, here? Still alive?

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 26th, 2019, 11:09:44 AM
Dietre tepped off the edge of the boarding ramp onto the deck of the Losstarot Khe'sari ship. He had never been on one, and the feeling was... strange.

Moving close to stand beside Jaassuuvi, he pulled himself up to his full height, shoulders hitched back and arms moving to fold themselves across his chest.

"I am being told dat you are Losstarot," he huffed out, his voice holding the tone of a petulant child, almost.

A deep breath, and he let it out through flaring nostrils.

"I do not haff likink of de Losstarot."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 26th, 2019, 11:24:51 AM
"Ohhhkay," Arya said quickly, stepping in front of Dietre. "So, I kinda have a lot to talk to you about? I didn't think that doing this over the comm was a good idea."

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Mar 26th, 2019, 07:20:33 PM
The welcoming party at the bottom of the ramp was comfortably small, but it was not enough to put his nerves at ease. There were plenty of faces at the edge of the hangar. It was hard to tell at this distance but he was convinced he could see the stripe faces and long ears protruding from underneath every naval cap. Turning his attention back to the two figures waiting for them, Jaas was taken aback by the tall, spindly looking thing. A droid, no doubt, but that classification felt wrong. It didn't deserve to be in the same category as Twopio. It was as cool as it was unnerving. It looked like a switch blade under tension; ready to switch into kill mode.

The woman, S'Ilancy, or Cousin, looked them over, and Jaas could see her look at Kai; who was immediately tucked deeper into his coat pocket. He would have left him on board the Wing of the Raven, but he didn't trust some spoiled child from the Cluster wouldn't participate in a sweep through the ship and think Kai was a well preserved snack that could go missing. Nope. That was not happening on his watch. Besides, Kai could watch his back and was useful in a fight. Jaas was teaching him A'ziir Traai'jaari.

And then Dee opened his mouth, and Jaas immediately nudged him in the ribs with an elbow and whispered out of the corner of his mouth; "Rememberr when we had that talk about polite converrssation?"

Obviously this was not getting through. He would have to use the sock puppets again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 26th, 2019, 11:48:37 PM
Well then.

The reception from a san of a Loveloxx Greater House was about what she imagined it to be so many centuries ago, and despite her surprise, the Losstarot maintained a level expression that only seemed to break in the form of a slight uptick of one corner of her lips. At the very least, KHER remained silent. It was a known constant however, that his inkwell-black optics were taking everything in.

"I... think that over the comm would have been a bit more difficult, yes."

Her mismatched gaze swept to the Luthgarde, then the Cizerack, Jaas. Obviously there were ongoing decorum lessons that were happening behind the scenes, but for now she chose to simply let her features settle into an easy grin. For the time being, her attentions were upon Arya.

"Are you hungry?"

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 27th, 2019, 12:00:00 AM
“I could eat.” Arya grinned, showing her teeth. “I’ll be honest, your ship took me by surprise. Not exactly Alliance standard - if there is one, anyway.”

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 27th, 2019, 11:18:51 AM
Jaassuuvi's elbow did well enough to silence him, though it was now a brooding glare that he sent first to the Losstarot, then the ship's avatar unit. It was an older model MMU, that much he could tell; probably from the Salede Amone'k Age. Where the Losstarot acquired such an old thing was anyone's guess.

The mention of food pulled his gaze back, and he cast a glance to Arya. She spoke of the ship again, and Dietre let out a hmph. Her admission of surprise was troubling. Perhaps she did not fully hear him before?

"I told you. It is a Khe'sari ship."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 27th, 2019, 12:44:08 PM

The galley was mostly empty, with a few pockets of crew dotted throughout. Some were clustered together, others sat alone. The muted hum of conversation never broke, even as the Captain and her guests stepped through the door. It was a sign of the comfortable nature that most had aboard the ship, which was a nice change from normal ships of the line. Khera'Va'ss'io had - despite its size - a crew compliment much smaller than most. After all, when the ship was largely able to tend to most matters on its' own, that left only the necessary positions needing to be filled. Pilots, maintenance crews, the bridge crew, a few dozen extraneous positions, and perhaps the most important role aboard - the cook.

Many ships in the Alliance had autochefs, but s'Il had insisted upon an actual cook.

She'd found one in the form of Idiri Su'ul Ahan'war, an aged Kaleesh woman who had graciously agreed to serve the Alliance in the capacity of a ship's cook. Specifically the cook aboard s'Il's ship.

The woman had been a blessing, as the food that she prepared was almost always fresh. The stops they made to Jovan had become a high-point for many, as they knew that Naani - as she preferred to be called - would haggle her way through the markets like a wild gundark in order to bring back everything she could to make her menus.

From her ensconced kitchen area towards the back of the galley, the Kaleesh looked up as the small group entered. She frowned, and gave a strange look tot he Captain before letting narrowed eyes sweep over the rest. That there was a Cizerack presented a problem, but one that she was not completely unequipped to handle.

Swift hands dried themselves on a washrag, and stepping away from her stove, Idiri moved to the counter.

"Is nuna, rema pepper, and onion skewers with maai'haako rice and taki sauce. No more dewback left in stores," her raspy voice was only raised slightly.

s'Il nodded graciously.

"I look forward to whatever you give us."

A scrutinizing look to the raven-haired woman, and Idiri pursed her lips.

"Some thin ronto cutlets left in back, if prefer redder meats."

Her gaze swept to the towering Cizerack.

"I have two boxes sajoi and one Taltimant snow rabbit left, from Captain's private stock."

A moment of thought, as s'Il half-turned to regard Jaas with a questioning eye, hoping that the meager offering would suffice. Then again, he kept a pet gallo pig, so his tastes might not be for live food.

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Mar 27th, 2019, 07:55:46 PM
The whole trip through the ship Jaas remained quiet, his eyes peeled for any sign of a double cross or danger. Dee seemed to be a similar disposition, but his eyes were locked on their host. He looked like a dog that wanted desperately to growl and bark at the cat in the tree but he knew he was not supposed to. A rustling in his jacket reminded him that Kai was also there, strangely quiet, and his little black eyes peered out from the confines of his coat. Kai was also watching.

The edge he felt was dulled when the enticing aromas of the galley hit his nostrils. There was not much in the way of fresh meals on the Wing of the Raven. They did what they could, but long treks through the galaxy required food that was more sustainable. Frozen or freeze dried food was the easiest, and most affordable. Nuna Pies, and even Sajoi came frozen. It wasn't the same. The meat was gray and chewy. Nearly tasteless. It was better than a sharp stick in the eye, as his mother used to say. Thankfully he had gotten his fill of live food during their brief layover on Jovan.

"No, pleasse. Thank you. Do not make any sspecial concessssionss for my ssake. Nuna sskewerss ssound heavenly. Yess, pleasse. Thank you."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 27th, 2019, 08:59:19 PM
As they filed into the galley and followed Loklorien to the counter, Arya tried to keep her spirit light. This was a good reunion - and her father's medallion was at the end of this trip. She'd stuff Deitre in a crate if she had to in order to finally get it back, san Luthgarde or not.

He stood behind her as they got their food on trays. Arya sniffed the meat - it smelled good.

"I'm sure you're wondering what the krasst Deitre is doing here with me. It's kinda a funny story that involves ancient ruins and vengeful Hutts, and this guy preserved in carbonite." Arya paused, thinking. "Actually, that really covers all of it. And Jaas and I go way back. He saved my life, I saved his, we don't keep score and we've got each other's back."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 30th, 2019, 12:11:16 PM
Listening in silence, s'Il allowed herself to turn her eye to the san for a moment. The dark, roiling storm of his expression was a tangible thing that she could feel, and for the briefest of moments she frowned in answer.

Behind her counter, Idiri moved to set out four plates. She moved swiftly to arrange 4 nuna skewers on each plate, followed by large spoonfuls of steaming maai'haako rice. atop that, she drizzled the taki sauce. It was a flavorful sauce that she claimed was a family recipe and spent hours laboring over. It was popular, and she had taken to making large amounts to keep up with the crew's demand of it.

The plates were then slid forward to each, scraping along the counter's steel surface.

"Give minute to cool enough."

Tracking her gaze to Idiri once more, s'Il gave the older woman a nod as she took one of the plates. she held it out for Arya.

"Carbonite... then there's no telling how old he is," she replied with a bare half-grin.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 30th, 2019, 07:23:54 PM
Arya took the plate and returned the grin. “From what we’ve been able to translate he was born over seven hundred years ago. But he’s picking up Basic faster than I am bast’y’r.”

She tipped her head in his direction, her smile widening. “Thankfully, judgemental stares need no translation.”

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 30th, 2019, 07:35:33 PM
He listened, glared, and took up his own plate. The smell of whatever nuna skewers was made him nearly falter, but he maintained the stony countenance and angry stare. Brow deep in a scowl, Dietre finally looked to Arya, then back to the Losstarot.

"I am not likink dis, but if de Ravenwing is for wishink to spend time with a dai'kheh, den I am havink no choice."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 30th, 2019, 07:35:46 PM
She was holding a plate out for Jaas when the san spoke, and despite his rough grasp on Basic, he'd at least been able to learn enough to get by.

Dai'kheh.

Blinking in a small bit of surprise, s'Il couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips.

"Dai'kheh? I've been called a lot of things before, but I think 'dirt eater' is a first."

He was certainly a man out of time.

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Mar 30th, 2019, 08:00:12 PM
There was a rule on the ship; everyone speaks Galactic Basic as much as possible. Other than a few words and mannerisms, Jaas was completely in the dark when it came to Basteear; or whatever it was they called it. Arya and Dietre were not exactly including him on any language lessons and neither of them were coming clamoring to him to learn Cizeri. Jaas found it best to just not speak his native tongue at all, or he would be trying to explain his one time use of Forrda to Dee for thirty minutes and getting nowhere. How can it mean prey and human? It just does, okay.

As it often goes, Jaas had no idea what Dietre had said until the Alliance woman spoke it back. The sharp sound of hand connecting with face shot through the mess hall and left Jaas switching between rubbing the impact site and pinching the bridge of his nose; all the while trying to form the words to properly give context to the faux pas that Dietre had just committed. Like a disappointed parent unable to articulate how the child had failed. This was the kind of situation where his father would have scooped him up and ran all the way back home rather than try to untangle such a mess.

"You'll have to forrgive him. You know how old men can be. Sso sset in theirr wayss. It'ss like being back home, but the genderrss arre backwarrdss."

Kai squeaked his agreement from the protection of his pocket.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 30th, 2019, 08:09:22 PM
Arya just rolled her eyes.

“He’s not usually like this. Ever since I told him about you he’s been...” Her voice trailed off.

“Hey, this food looks great. Should we sit? Anywhere in particular?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 30th, 2019, 08:30:19 PM
With mirth still in her eye, s'Il nodded in the direction of an empty table. With her own plate now in hand, she moved around Jaas and lead the way.

"I have that effect on some people," she couldn't help but chuckle while gesturing for the others to sit.

"But yes, the food is not exactly the normal fare you'd find on a ship-of-the-line, but I made sure that we had an actual cook and not just some autochef droid. It's much better for crew moral, I find."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 30th, 2019, 08:43:56 PM
The Losstarot laughing was not what he expected, and for a moment the Luthgarde looked on with slight shock as his insult was brushed aside like a gentle breeze. She was almost... jovial! He'd come across few Losstarot in his time, but each instance had been fraught with tension and barely-contained tempers. One of those times had boiled over into conflict. He'd wet his teeth with blood that day. But now... now? These new times were infuriating and confusing all at once. He seemed to always be in a state of loss, trying to catch up and understand.

Jaas had helped, as had Arya, but he knew that they couldn't teach him everything in so short a time.

"De last time I was seeink a Losstarot," he grumped while sitting heavily into one of the chairs before anyone else, "... I gave him de way to Weit-fällt."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 30th, 2019, 10:54:21 PM
“I keep telling him that there aren’t anymore of us around, but I don’t think he understands, because, well, I barely understand it myself.” Arya plucked a piece of meat from her skewer and put it in her mouth, raising her eyebrows at Lok.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 30th, 2019, 11:05:38 PM
"It may take a bit to sink in," she answered idly, plucking a skewer up and delicately prying off a piece of nuna and onion.

"Talk of Hallesmutt is fairly telling."

A bite of the nuna, and she chewed in thought, eye settling on the san. Perhaps a switch in tactics? Swallowing, she lapsed into Bast'y'r.

<"It is a different time now, san Luthgarde. We are not at war with each other. We are too few to even dream of such a thing.">

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 30th, 2019, 11:07:50 PM
Caught mid-chew, Dietre froze as the words were spoken. Eventually he resumed, swallowing in short order.

<"Too few... the Ravenwing says much the same.">

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 30th, 2019, 11:10:06 PM
She offered a shrug, then.

<"She's right. There is not enough hate to fuel the wars, anymore.">

He still appeared unconvinced, as he practically sneered before tearing into another piece of nuna.

A shrug, and s'Il returned her attentions to Arya.

"Well, he's stubborn, I'll say that."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 31st, 2019, 12:05:32 AM
Arya had watched the exchange between the two other Lupine’s like a handball match. When Lok addressed her, she shrugged.

”So, what’s Schwatzweld? The mystical home of the Lupine race? Where we were... created?” Arya said the last word hesitantly and drawn out.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2019, 12:29:21 AM
A wry grin, and s'Il only gave a half-shake of her head.

"Schwartzweld is home, yes. But it's not where the Bloodlines were first made."

Another bite of nuna, a part of onion, and she followed with a forkfull of rice. It'd been a day since she'd last eaten; the expectation of finally reuniting with Arya had fantastically distracted her from partaking of the normal eating rituals observed by the crew. As such, now, she was famished and intent on refueling her system.

"The two Fathers, Townsend and Melkhiah, were from Zerstörung. But that was a very long time ago."

And truthfully, it was. Untold eons. She knew that it was all more than likely fluff for Arya, but if the other woman wanted to know, then she was more than willing to tell her. There was a lot of history connected with their people; so much that even she herself was still often left to quiet bouts of contemplation.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 31st, 2019, 01:03:59 AM
Arya nodded, trying to commit it all to memory. She and Loklorien had talked a bit about the two Fathers before, but it had been a few years. And, to be frank, she hadn’t really paid attention the first time.

”You should come with me, back to Tammuz-an. There were some incredible murals. I was going to take a holo of them but things... got complicated.”

She leaned back and looked at Dietre, crossing her arms. “It has been complicated ever since. But I’m kind of excited to see Schwartzweld.”

Arya smiled. “Dietre said there is probably a Ravenwing home there? Do you know where it is?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2019, 01:28:45 AM
"Well," she swallowed after a rather full mouth, "... I don't know exactly where it is, but Every House had a home on Schwartzweld."

It was something that - strangely enough - she'd not considered.

The thought was enough to give her pause, and she looked at Arya. There was tentative curiosity in her gaze.

"You would be interested in visiting it?"

There was more in those words that what they seemed on their face. It was a deeper question that pushed into the how's and why's. She herself was more than willing to help.

"Cousin, I would help you to find your answers, if you wish."

Again, with the words that went so deep. Words that burrowed past what the surface presented them as.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Mar 31st, 2019, 01:34:40 AM
"She would be skinnink your pelt in de Great Hall of de House of your name," he sniggered offhandedly, addressing Arya in a bout of forgetfulness.

A second later, he finished chewing his last bite, sending a look to Jaassuuvi for help with a look on his face that spoke volumes to the fact that his unconsciously spoken words had finally met his own ears.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 31st, 2019, 02:26:26 AM
Arya pointedly ignored Dietre’s comment.

”I would appreciate it greatly. Oh, and you probably won’t believe it but have you heard of a House Von Metzger? We are not as alone as you led me to believe, Cousin. Of course, the man I met, he said he cannot Change. It’s so weird to think about.” Arya shoveled more food into her mouth.

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Mar 31st, 2019, 11:37:35 AM
Catching the look on Dietre's face, Jaas could only shrug his shoulders before feeding another chunk of onion to Kai.

He didn't have any meaningful advice to pass on to him at this junction, and he had nothing to say on the subject at hand. The ladies were talking about planets he had never heard about and lore that absolutely meant nothing to him. He was listening but there was so little for him to grasp on to.

At least the food was very good. Sure, it lacked that excitement that live food brought, but there was something special about a well cooked and seasoned meal.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2019, 08:20:29 PM
She too ignored the san's remark, instead making sure that her attentions were solely upon Arya. Mention of House Von Metzger were slightly worrying, and she paused with a piece of nuna halfway to her mouth.

"I know of the House. It is cursed, much like House Van-Derveld."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 31st, 2019, 08:23:45 PM
“House Van-Derveld?” Arya’s brow creased. “Wait, I thought all the houses were cursed.”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2019, 08:57:23 PM
"Well... "

How best to explain?

"When House Van-Derveld and House Von Metzger grew, so too did Ono'ahga Tu Ta Meh." A pause, as she frowned in the effort of looking for the best words to explain with Basic.

"... like a madness. Some would call it insanity, but if I was to give it as close of a translation as possible, then the words would mean 'the... separation of mind from... blood and... heart'."

Her gaze remained on Arya, her nuna almost forgotten. It was not an angry expression, but something more akin to intense curiosity.

"Being cursed with a falling birthrate is one thing, but being cursed with losing one's mind... it is sadly an affliction that spread, but it was birthed when those two Houses reached their prominence."

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 31st, 2019, 09:07:25 PM
Arya’s frown deepened.

”Do you think that is what happened to my mother?” Her words were quiet, and she set aside her fork. “Is it going to happen to me, too?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2019, 09:11:11 PM
Her frown only seemed to deepen, and s'Il slowly lowered her nuna back to the plate.

"I don't know," she admitted.

"But, it is a worry that I have held as well."

A moment passed before she went on, her voice lowering a level.

"My mother succumbed to it as well."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 1st, 2019, 12:09:58 PM
Their eyes met, and for a moment Arya was drawn into the melancholy past they both apparently shared. Her common sense made her speak, however.

”It’s a disease, right? I mean, I’m not superstitious enough to believe it’s a ‘curse’ curse.” The smuggler provided airquotes with her fingers. “I don’t even understand the sterility part. Can’t science do something about it? Transplant a uterus, or invitro-fertilization, or even clone tech? I mean, it could be done, right?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 2nd, 2019, 11:45:17 AM
The frown turned into a sad sort of expression, and she bit her lip as her eyes closed.

"It was science that caused it. Attributing it to a curse is silly in this day and age, but I suppose in a way it is a curse. Though, it is one that we brought upon ourselves."

A long inhaled breath, and she leaned back in her seat as her eyes opened once more to level plainly upon Arya. The mismatched gaze wasn't angry or sharp. It simply was.

"There are a people... who hate us. And I suppose they have every right to. Our history... there are a lot of things to be proud of, but there are also a lot of things to be ashamed of."

She looked up then, to stare momentarily at the metal plates over their heads, and she lifted a hand to gesture at their surroundings.

"Even this ship; it used to be a ship for hunting slaves."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Apr 2nd, 2019, 11:48:54 AM
"Khe'sari."

He grunted the word through a mouthfull of rice.

A swallow, and he gave Arya a sideways look.

"A'kha'ru and A'kha'ri alike have been on this ship."

He let out a humph before returning to his food.

"On their way to their proper place as our servants."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 2nd, 2019, 12:28:58 PM
Arya rubbed her temple where she imagined a headache was starting. Loklorien had not totally answered her question.

”Someone is going to have to start using plainspeak. This ship was used to transport slaves? No wonder there are people who hated the Lupines.

”I’m not sure I like us either. The more I hear the more I want to understand but maybe I’m better off just not knowing. I’ve lived this long on my own.”

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Apr 3rd, 2019, 09:24:26 PM
"If you dig deep enough, nearrly all planetarry culturress prracticed sslaverry at ssome point."

Now Jaas was the one speaking absently out of place. A piece a Nuna was wedged between sharp teeth and pulled free of the kebab, and then chewed thoughtfully. He remembered the very informative holo on slavery he had been shown at his sentencing. He imagined it's purpose had been to show him the horrors of the crime he was charged with in the expectation that he would feel some kind of remorse for his alleged actions. All these years later he could still remember every second. Permanently etched in his mind. Every detail of that trial was too horrible to forget.

He remembered thinking how could they possible think he was one of these monsters.

"Culturress grrow and change. They learrn frrom theirr misstakess. Make rreparrationss and advance; orr the sslavess rrebel. And win."

Amber eyes were turned to look in turn from Arya to Dietre, and finally to Loklorien. There was something in the way she spoke, that she hid the total truth, that led him to believe that the latter was the final outcome in the history of the Lupines and whomever had once played the slaves.

"And that'ss what happened, issn't it?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 4th, 2019, 11:29:16 AM
Not exactly expecting his conclusion, s'Il pulled in a long breath, held it, then let it back out in metered pace.

"That is... one way to speak of it, yes."

Her features weren't exactly clouded, but they were not clear either.

"I suppose it is the way that it was supposed to be, in the end. Destroyed by the ones that you spent so long using so cruelly."

A rueful henh, as she let her eyes close, head shaking.

"Even after we lost, there was too much pride to admit that we were the only ones responsible for what was happening. Over time though, it turned to shame. When the Houses left Schwartzweld, they did all they could to erase the existence of the Figaro system. It helped that it was already far in the fringes, so they simply let themselves die in obscurity on a smattering of planets throughout the galaxy. Some were lucky, and managed to have children. Others slipped into the grips of Ono'ahga Tu Ta Meh."

Fianlly, she opened her eyes once more.

"An inglorious end to a people who once had such promise."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 4th, 2019, 11:53:24 AM
Arya was sitting very still. All the nonsense in her mother’s journal... maybe it wasn’t all nonsense?

”What is Leh’ben? My mother used to talk about ...ghosts or something. She terrorized me with stories when I was small, and she wrote about these monsters. I thought it was just more crazy talk, once I grew up enough to realize she was just telling stories.”

She paused. “Now, though, I don’t know.”

Dietre san Luthgarde
Apr 4th, 2019, 12:07:05 PM
"De world of de Guardians."

He spoke around a mouthful of nuna, swallowed, then wiped his mouth with the back of his arm.

"Dey are beink de ghosts dat your modder spoke of."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 4th, 2019, 12:09:22 PM
She let the san finish, then explained further.

"Leh'ben is one of the moons of Figaro Favoura VII. It was where some chose to take refuge on after too many wars. Akha'rehn and Schwartzweld were the other two moons that were also colonized. The Leh'beni were first made to be slaves, but they did rise up and overthrow their masters. Now they call themselves the Guardians and hunt Lupines in order to rid us from the galaxy."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 4th, 2019, 12:19:16 PM
“Oh? Is that all?” Arya threw up her hands. “Guardians of the galaxy, huh? I guess they’ve almost finished.”

She looked at her plate, but didn’t feel like eating anymore. “She said the ghosts killed my father and our family.

”Oh gods.” Arya stood up, unable to sit still any longer. “They killed my father.”

She stepped away from the table, her hands in her hair, gripping it by her scalp.

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Apr 4th, 2019, 08:24:12 PM
If someone bent him over and pressed blaste to his head and forced him to summarize the complicated Captain Arya Ravenwing in as food of words as possible; he would say she was cool under pressure. They had been through a lot in the few years since Kessel. From the outside looking in it may appear that some cruel goddess had a particular inclination for throwing trouble their way. The number of scrapes they just barely made it out of was beginning to creep toward disturbing. Through all of that Arya had been a rock. She always knew what to do, where to go, and if she didn't she certainly didn't show it. She had kept him grounded as he processed his freedom following the escape from Kessel. Without her he imagined he would have found a desolate rock somewhere and died a hermit; incapable of dealing with his trauma.

They were incomplete people thrust together by chaos. Lost, broken, and uncertain. They clung to each other like sailors in a storm; and right now he could see Arya drowning, reaching out. Even if she didn't know it.

With as grace that did not match his size, Jaas was off the bench and around the table immediately. His hands grabbed Arya's and pulled them gently from her hair and lowering them; cupping them together.

"Ssssh. It'ss okay Little Birrd. I bet therre iss a lot morre to hearr. Look, Kai will take carre of you. He knowss yourr strrong."

A squeak from their hands revealed the fuzzy ball that was deposited into her hands. Jaas gave her a reassuring smile and then went back to his seat and resumed his meal without another word, his eyes focused on his plate. In her hands, the Gallo Pig licked her palm and looked up at her with his black, beady eyes.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 5th, 2019, 12:25:23 AM
She had stood as well, though unlike Jaas, s'Il simply stood. She let the two have their moment, and allowed the Cizerack to soothe Arya in a way that more than likely only he could. She had no way of knowing how long the two had been together, but she guessed that it was long enough for his words to calm the frayed nerves of her Loveloxx friend.

She hoped, at any rate.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Apr 5th, 2019, 12:25:27 AM
Unlike the rest of them, Dietre did not rise. He simply sat, half-turned in his seat to watch the display of comfort given by Jaassuuvi. It was strange to see, and though one hand still held a skewer, he made no move to lift it to his mouth. He blinked, hearing the squeak of the gallo pig. It was a strange pet that the felinoid had chosen, but he supposed it was not the strangest thing he'd seen since being rescued.

After all, he was on a khe'sari ship, with a Losstarot that was - as Arya had said - good.

Still not entirely convinced, he finally turned to the blonde woman.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 5th, 2019, 12:55:19 AM
"Eh'o ta... ta teh Akama," she sighed in worry, still on her feet.

She pursed her lips, trying to remember the old words of a poem that had been passed through every House, no matter their Bloodline. Before her father had been killed, he'd spoken it to her many nights before she fell asleep. He'd said it was the Homesong. Except, it wasn't really a song; just a small poem.

<"I dream... of the mountains
That kiss the clouds
And the... earth under paw

I dream of the waters
Of lake and stream and sea
I wish to feel the current's draw

I dream of the... seasons
Of summer's warmth and fall's cool
Of winter's chill and spring's thaw

I dream of the sky
Brilliant days... velvet nights
And wish I could go home.">

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 5th, 2019, 01:13:17 AM
Arya blinked down at her cupped hands, and the furry face of Kai as the fat little gallo pig sniffed her. The absurdity of it snapped her out of her rising panic, as only Jaas could do.

She turned to face Loklorien, the shorter Lupine standing also, watching her. Saying something in their ancestral language that Arya could barely understand.

Something about home.

“Tell me. ​Please.”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 6th, 2019, 01:36:31 AM

The two sat in her quarters, on opposite ends of a black fabric sofa. The lights were dimmed somewhat, to allay an harsh glares. They usually were; it was preferable to her, and s'Il had never found a desire to turn the illumination setting past 7. There was also the fact that she was rarely in her own quarters as it was; she preferred her office, despite the ease offered by her teekwood desk she'd had salvaged from Dauntless. Restoring it had taken a fair bit of time, but she was determined. It had come from Schwartzweld, after all. What had once been a gift to Dan so many decades ago was now reclaimed. Reclaimed, resurfaced, and restained. It held life and luster once again, brought back from the prospect of an ignoble, watery grave. Now it sat along the far wall, ever-occupied by flimsis and datapads.

But it was not correspondence that held her attentions at the moment.

On the low caf table before them was a decanter, half-full of a murky liquor. Reaching out, she took it up with one hand while the other pulled out the cap. A small amount was poured into two glasses.

"It is Onahgeist, made from the honey of the ona bee on Schwartzweld. It's like a sort of sweet rum, and very smooth. Good for calming."

The decanter was set back down, its stopper replaced as she now held out one of the glasses to Arya.

"It will help, I promise."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 6th, 2019, 01:54:55 AM
Not one for refusing a drink, Arya took the proffered glass, swirled the liquid, and took a healthy sip.

”It’s good,” she said, though she’d barely tasted it. After a moment she tipped back the glass and finished it.

Sitting on on the edge of the couch, Arya tried to take in her surroundings, but was having trouble concentrating. She set the now-empty glass on the table, and leaned back into the couch.

“What is it you didn’t want to say in front of the others?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 6th, 2019, 02:12:04 AM
She stared, somewhat wide-eyed as Arya set the empty glass on the table.

"You... you're supposed to... it's a sipping drink... "

But, what was done, was done.

"It isn't anything that I didn't wish to speak of in front of the others; I simply felt that you would rather be comfortable and not in some ship's galley... " there was an unsure tinge in her tone, as if she was lost.

"The san Luthgarde did not look happy to be sharing a meal with me, and Jaas seemed... nervous to the best that I could tell."

She'd never known a Cizerack to refuse a live meal, after all, and it had sent her mind to wonder.

"I'm trying to help, but it is hard when shut off from the... Force."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 6th, 2019, 02:24:45 AM
“I don’t understand Dietre half the time, even with a translator. But yeah, he was pretty ‘skeptical’ of me having a Losstarot for a friend.” Arya turned her back against the arm of the couch to face Loklorien, a warm glow spreading outward from her belly.

”As far as Jaas ...he escaped Kessel with me. Being surrounded by all these uniforms probably makes him a little jumpy. Fuck, it makes me jumpy.” Although, she didn’t feel too anxious at the moment.

Arya watched Lok sip her drink. “I just feel like an uneducated idiot around you, and now Dietre. Just when I think I know where to start, something else comes flying in at me. There are so many pieces, but I still don’t know what I’m looking at?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 6th, 2019, 04:45:05 PM
"Don't feel that way, please."

Her words were soft as she set her glass on the table.

"You and I are victims of much the same past; Both of our mothers were taken by their own minds, and both of our fathers... " she'd not spoken of her father to Arya before, but after the revelation from earlier...

"... both of our fathers were killed by the Guardians."

Her hands folded together to rest in her lap.

"The only difference is, is that while your father was the first to pass, mine was not. Much of my early knowledge came from him, and after he was killed I was left to learn on my own. I did not have the luxury of others to help guide me and teach me and show me. There was so much I had to discover myself."

Leaning back slightly, she let out a long breath as her gaze turned upward.

"The first thing that I was taught... it was about the Houses. Greater and Lesser of both Loveloxx and Losstarot. Both Bloodlines are ehna'hgaren... " she waved a hand to the air between them, "... it means unique. And it is simply because of the main obvious difference, but because each House has traits. Second forms with differences."

One arm draped over the back cushion of the sofa.

"Take House Eidelbrendt, a Loveloxx Greater House. Their second form is nearly hairless, and they possess exterior bone plates along their back and scruff. The older sires of House Van-Derveld had spiked horns that ran the length of their spines."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 6th, 2019, 05:01:30 PM
Arya listened, one leg curled on the couch in front of her.

“Do you... do you know more about my House? I mean, I already know my ‘second form’ is way better looking than yours...” She winked.

”In all seriousness though. What can you tell me about my people?” She tried to look relaxed, tried not to seem too intent on Lok’s answer.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 6th, 2019, 05:43:26 PM
For a moment she was quiet, watching Arya with a level stare. Finally, she straightened back up, reaching for the decanter once more and pulling the topper. She refilled Arya's glass in the hopes that the Loveloxx would not make it disappear in short order yet again. It was a calculated hope.

What was asked of her was a very broad request, and she tried to order her thoughts, and decide where to begin.

"We are honest," she started.

"We love our families and would do anything for them. There is so much care given to preserving the memories of those who came before us, because without them we would not be here. And despite the bad that our ancestors did, there was still a lot of good. They gave us homes and lands, and built dynasties. Even before Schwartzeld, they forged lives and bonds while still on Figaro Favoura VII."

A gesture to the faded painting that rested on the wall behind her desk.

"That one... it is from the early days of House Su'beate."

The painting itself was - at first glance - an unassuming piece. Of a sunset over a snowcapped mountain range with rough brushtrokes in the foreground of the tops of what seemed to be a skyline. The mountains themselves had been rendered in softer strokes, with a smaller brush.

"A sunset over the Khasa'bera Mountains, on Schwartzweld."

A pause, and she rose to her feet. Passing by Arya, she moved to the small endtable that held a suspended globe. Swiftly she took it up into both hands before returning to the sofa. When she sat, it was closer to the Loveloxx than she'd been previous.

"Here," she held it with one hand, the other pointing to a slightly raised portion that signified a mountain range.

The finger then swiftly shifted to encircle the continent.

"Kha'tu Ja'akhori; the westerly continent. And here... " her finger slid up to point to a smaller landmass.

"hGaris Assa, one of two northern continents. It is connected by an old landbridge... " again she moved her finger, "... to Osari Assa, the continent that House Loveloxx called theirs."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 6th, 2019, 06:04:17 PM
She took the glass and held it in her hand while Loklorien spoke. She took a sip, trying to actually taste it this time, and held it in her hand as the other woman fetched a globe.

Arya leaned close, examining the globe as Lok pointed out the continents.

”So, we would never have met. Different continents.” Arya sipped her drink. “I suppose with the whole Force user thing... that was probably wise.”

Her mind went to what Dietre had said, that the Loveloxxes would wear things that could protect from the effects of ‘the magic.’ Did Loklorien know about those pendants as well?

”I didn’t know about your father,” she added, before Lok could say anything in reply. “I... I’m sorry you had to go through that.”

Arya reached out and awkwardly patted Lok’s hand.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 6th, 2019, 06:44:14 PM
The contact was unexpected, and s'Il stared down at both hers and Arya's hands as the other woman gave a last gentle pat. Gentle, but stilted all the same. Truth be told, the Losstarot Lupine suspected that she would present herself in much the same way.

"It is... a pain that we both share," she finally spoke.

"Terrible and unfair, to a degree."

Was her delivery too cold? Too impersonal? She could certainly understand the deep, base feelings of a child wronged, but at the same time she also knew that it was the culmination of centuries heaped upon centuries of cruelty, come to bear and made manifest. Action was not without reaction, and though it was a painful truth, it was still a truth. The Leh'beni had styled themselves as guardians of any who might find themselves the subject of Lupine dominance, and therefor only formed their ranks to combat that threat.

She shook her head, dispelling the thought.

"hGaris Assa is the continent claimed by House Losstarot, House Sundergotte, and House Aulflendte. The landbridge connecting it to Osari Assa is now nothing more than a string of islands."

She pivoted the globe, and pointed to a third continent.

"Pas'ahga; where House Ravenwing, House Geiss, and House... Luthgarde... called their own."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 6th, 2019, 07:24:14 PM
“Luthgarde.”

Arya squinted at the globe. “You know, if you had to put all this together on your own, or most of it anyway, I’m sure Dietre - actually no. I’m not sure about anything about him. But he knows a lot. And he’s got this ...” Her voice trailed off.

Dietre certainly did not trust Loklorien, so should Arya tell her about his book?

”...intense personality,” she finished, lamely. She added a wink to cover her near gaffe, and raised her glass for another sip. His book was his to share, if he wished.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 8th, 2019, 11:58:31 AM
"I would expect nothing less of a san from any House."

Another moment passed, and s'Il gave a thoughtful stare to the globe before rising once more.

"If you wish, we can visit the Ravenwing manor, on Pas'ahga. I've never been there personally, but there are maps in the library of my own House's estate that will show us where we would need to go."

The globe was returned to its hover-pedestal.

"Perhaps we will even find your Anensen'bur, if it is still there."

A look to Arya, as she idly lifted a hand to unclasp the top button of her duty jacket. There was no need to appear so official in the privacy of her own quarters.

"Every House has one. It is a book of genealogies, I suppose you could call it. It is a great volume of the House's family tree, and contains every member of the House."

She gave a light smile as she returned to the sofa.

"It is the greatest treasure of every House."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 8th, 2019, 12:21:37 PM
“How recently might that book have been updated? I thought the Ravenwings went to Ryloth. So has the...ancestral estate or whatever the hell it is been abandoned for decades?”

Arya swirled the liquid in her glass. Even if her parents weren’t listed, she knew she wanted that book. It was her duty, as the last Ravenwing...

...and what would happen to it after her own death? She’d never given much thought to procreating, and from what she’d been told it probably wasn’t even possible.

Kids.

She definitely didn’t want any, anyway.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2019, 12:01:38 AM
"If the Ravenwing Rei'dulf did not take it with them to Ryloth, then it will most certainly be on Schwartzweld."

Though, it would've been a dereliction of duty and honor if they had left it behind. Still, stranger things had happened, she supposed. They would only know when they made the efforts to find it.

Thoughtful silence passed, as she took up her glass once more. A sip, and she rolled the soft liquid over her tongue before swallowing.

"Is there anything that you hope to find, when we arrive?"

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 9th, 2019, 12:39:14 AM
“...my medallion?”

Arya winked, leaning back into the corner of the sofa. She took a large swallow of her drink, leaving just a trace in the glass.

“I didn’t even know this place existed a day ago, so... I don’t know?” She scrubbed a hand through her hair. “Something that connects me to all this stuff, I guess.”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2019, 01:02:47 AM

A noiseless peel shuddered the serenity of realspace as Khera'Va'ss'io clapped into existence. He descended from the hyperlane like a great winged beast, nose angling down as his wingspan seemed to engulf everything around. Ahead, the planet of Figaro Favoura VII hung suspended in space. But it was not the planet that the old Lupine ship veered toward. Instead, it was a moon. Schwartzweld. The seventh moon. Orbiting in peace, it spun slowly as if on an invisible tether, locked to the planet it passed around like a constant lover ever-hopeful for some kind word and soft stare.

Beneath the scudding clouds, safe within the atmosphere, lush greens could be seen, as well as the deep blues of oceans and seas. For a planet with no masters, it was teeming with natural life.

On the bridge, s'Il stood on the viewing platform, Arya beside her.

Jaas and the Luthgarde had apparently chosen to hold back, and stood beside the pilot's nest.

"Orbital trajectory mapped, Captain. We're stable."

"Thank you, Mr. Rahgus."

Her gaze never left the moon. Never left home. When she spoke, it was in a level tone.

"Welcome to Schwartzweld."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 9th, 2019, 01:13:34 AM
Arya wasn’t sure what she’d expected, but the moon in front of them was painfully normal. There was no fanfare or goosebumps upon glimpsing it for the first time. No sudden swell of emotional connection, nor a whisper in her ear from her ancestors.

Just a planetoid with blues and greens and white clouds like so many others in the galaxy. Arya had been to so many... she forced a smile to cover her inward slump of disappointment.

”It’s safe down there? No Guardians or whatever you called them?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2019, 01:21:50 AM
"None."

If she could sense any disappointment, she didn't say.

"Leh'ben is on the other side of Figaro Favoura VII, and the moons won't pass for another few days."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Apr 9th, 2019, 01:21:54 AM
Standing beside Jaassuuvi, Dietre had crossed his arms over his chest, brooding in silence.

Still though, the sight of Scwhartzeld was enough to dispel his ill mood, and he stared in rapt fascination.

"I am havink never been, even. I was always makink de dreams of dere, dough."

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Apr 9th, 2019, 08:16:22 PM
"What?" Jaas whispered in reply, turning to look at his enraptured companion. It took a few moments for him to work through Dietre's broken basic and arrive at what might be an accurate translation. "Oh. Musst be nice to finally ssee it then."

He would have never thought that a staunch stickler to tradition like Dietre San Luthgarde would have never have been to his own homeworld. That seemed crazy, but who was he to say. He'd come from the Cluster himself, and there had to be Cizerack out there born off world who had never been to, and may live their entire lives without visiting Carshoulis. That would be weird place to be. He could understand why Dietre would dream about visiting his homeworld. Jaas imagined he would feel the same if he had never been to the Cluster.

He could thank his Goddess that he had; because he was never going back again.

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 9th, 2019, 09:28:08 PM
"A few days, huh? Guess we'll be long gone by then." Arya looked around the bridge of the large ship, and quirked an eyebrow.

"Want to fly down in my freighter? It'll be like old times."

Q. Samus Dage
Apr 10th, 2019, 12:50:24 AM
Normally when the Captain was on the bridge, he was standing on the raised walkway behind her chair, enjoying the view from his normal perch. Now though, she had waved him off in favor of the viewing walkway, and Samus had gladly remained sitting in her seat. His lanky frame seemed almost relaxed, though there was a readiness about him that was unmistakable. The two men who had come aboard with Captain Ravenwing stood beside the pilot's nest, murmuring to each other while the two Lupine women stood at the forward railing, the moon of Schwartzweld looming large before them all.

Rahgus had become used to these occasional visits, as had the rest of the crew, and all knew to allow their Captain her time.

He at least caught wind of the taller woman's words, and slowly rose to stand.

"Begging the Captain's pardon, but would that be wise?"

Please take me was plain in the subtext of his half-hearted objection.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2019, 12:50:36 AM
It was a tone that she knew well, and s'Il slowly pivoted on her heel.

She chose to play his game.

"If it would put your mind at ease, you are welcome to join us, Commander."

A slight hesitation, as she looked sideways to Arya.

"At Captain Ravenwing's discretion, of course."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 10th, 2019, 01:00:07 AM
Arya half-turned and gave the blond officer a once over. “As long as he doesn’t touch anything.”

She looked at Lok, and chuckled. “Is he like your babysitter or something?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2019, 01:07:03 AM
There was a strange look that passed over her features then, and s'Il let out a long breath as she mulled over Arya's words.

"More like... "

How best to describe Samus Dage?

"... an excitable child with too many interests and only enough good sense to know when to act in an official capacity when required."

She frowned then, but there was no real frustration meant in the expression. It was more puzzlement than anything else, and her own voice dipped so that only Arya could hear.

"The moment that he found out about your ship, he would not stop telling me about the history of... Chevettes... ? You would think that he had just found the love of his life."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 10th, 2019, 01:18:36 AM
“Well she’s my most long term relationship so don’t get any ideas.” Arya gave the man a stern look, but followed it up with a wink.

”I’m ready to go when you are,” she said to Loklorien. “As long as you’re ready night now. I kinda want to get down there right away.”

Arya adjusted her stance, letting her hand fall to her hip where her blaster usually rode. Her weapons had been left on board The Wing of the Raven of course. Letting Alliance officers on board her freighter wasn’t ideal. But if Lok trusted him... Arya would at least give him a chance.

Q. Samus Dage
Apr 16th, 2019, 12:08:51 AM

He'd been on Schwartzweld before, though only a few times. However, his trips to the moon's surface had always been made in Varin's old nu-Class shuttle. This trip down was different. Very different. For one, he wasn't lounging in the jumpseats of a shuttle that had been brought back from retirement. Oh no. He was in a Chevette.

Standing behind the seat currently occupied by a hulking Cizerack, he kept his hands firmly planted on the headrest. His eyes watched hands as they passed over the control dash, and he had to restrain himself from leaning too far forward.

"And where did you say you found this thing? It flies too smoothly to be a hangar-find."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 16th, 2019, 12:14:59 AM
Safely ensconced in one of the passenger seats, she'd made sure that her crashstraps were secured tightly. The tab of doramine she'd taken just before boarding was thankfully doing exactly what it needed, and the Lupine let her eyes close as her head leaned back. For now she was content to simply listen.

She'd given Arya the coordinates for the easiest approach to Akhehade'k, the estate of the Losstarot. Now it was a waiting game, as well as a listening game. Samus' questions had dominated the air around them ever since the Chevette had cleared the main hangar.

A slight scratching noise distracted her however, and s'Il cracked an eye, head tilting to the side as she tracked the sound. It was coming from the bulkhead, and with a slight frown forming, she couldn't help but wonder if Jaas' gallo pig was not the only one aboard.

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 16th, 2019, 01:04:47 AM
“I didn’t say,” Arya replied dryly to Dage’s question. After holding out for a minute, however, she relented.

”It’s a family ship. Not my family, but ...a friend’s. His grandparents owned it before selling it to him.

”When he passed, this baby became mine.” Arya patted the console with one hand while adjusting their heading with the other.

”Entering atmosphere.”

The ship shook a little as it encountered air resistance, but her vector was solid and the turbulence settled down. Angling down toward the landmass Loklorien had directed her to, Arya got her first up close look at the homeland of her people.

”I don’t see any cities,” she said over her shoulder to Lok.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 16th, 2019, 10:31:03 AM
"They're there," she reassured, "... though after so long abandoned, nature reclaimed most of what you'd normally be able to see."

Pulling her attentions from the bulkhead and mysterious scratching, s'Il opened both of her eyes, turning to look straight across from her to the opposite wall, gaze wandering over the maze of panels and secondary controls. She didn't wish to risk looking to the front, lest the view of outside sent her bearings to ruin. The last thing she wanted was to be sick.

"Near as I can tell the estates and manors survived to an extent. The cities they watched over were not so lucky, though."

Outside, below the scudding cloudcover, a land of white stretched out in all directions. Rolling foothills gave way to higher mountains and peaks, with craggy cliff walls further in the distance. pockets of o'bora pines gradually became almost like a carpet, populating the hills and further into the mountains. Their deep green needles were covered in a blanket of snow, and the further into the mountain range the Chevette went, the more the geography seemed to reach up to touch them.

It wasn't long before the first spires of Akhehade'k came into view. all but two had crumbled from the weight of neglect. Grey stonework extended down below, to reveal an old castle that had certainly seen better days. One could tell that an effort in upkeep had been undertaken, but it was nothing on the level of a full renovation. Old walkways in some places had caved in to reveal the dark passageways below, and parts of the walls had similarly fallen in.

"There should be a landing pad on the westward side. You can land there."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 16th, 2019, 11:15:31 AM
Arya nodded, concentrating on locating the landing pad amidst all the snow and ruins. This place was... old. It reminded her of the ancient Hutt palace they’d recently investigated, but the architecture was lighter. Not as brutal.

The structure seemed like like a giant, interconnected mess of spires and arched windows, and crumbling stonework. It was certainly impressive.

”Therre,” pointed Jaas, indicating a large flat snow field on the west side. Arya nodded, maneuvering the Chevette77 down.

With a final blast of reversed repulsors the freighter landed gently. Arya swiveled her chair around to face the others in the cockpit.

“Ready?”

She was about to get her family medallion back. It had been so long, she didn’t even miss the weight of it around her neck anymore.

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Apr 16th, 2019, 07:35:30 PM
Jaas took glances at the ghastly place outside the viewport in between toggling off switches and powering down the various systems within the older ship. There was a particular order that he followed religiously during power down. When he did it this way the old girl went down for her nap like an exhausted child, and sprung back to life just as quickly when woken. In their line of work, and with the kind of trouble that often followed, the last they could could afford was a sputtering engine or a surprise power drain.

The place outside, with it's collapses structures and it's odd architecture, there was only one word to describe it; cursed. It looked cursed. He kept it to himself. Arya had gotten tired a long time ago of him condemning everything as cursed. She didn't believe in such things. She couldn't see the black mark that haunted her as much as it did him. There was not a whole lot he could do about something as metaphysical as a curse; but the modified double barreled over-under Wookiee bowcaster he pulled from it's place at the back of the cockpit was a good start.

Blowing off the top of an energy cell, he then slapped it into place and thumbed the activation stud. The polarizing orbs started humming softly like a purring child.

"Rready."

Dietre san Luthgarde
Apr 16th, 2019, 11:21:10 PM
Dietre had partially perched himself behind Arya, watching the vistas stretching out before them with no small amount of fascination. He'd never been to Schwartzweld, but he'd certainly heard stories of it from his Great Grandsire. Wonderfully craggy mountains, plains and tundras, sapphire blue lakes, and forests that held an abundance of life. The sight of snow made him frown though, and as the ship settled down onto the landing pad, he suddenly felt a sense of worry.

"De white... I have heard of dis. It is cold, yes?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 16th, 2019, 11:21:13 PM
Undoing her safety harness, s'Il slowly made her way up to her feet. She couldn't help but instinctively pass a hand over the front of her duty jacket in an effort to dispel any unseen specks of dust. It was habit, and it would never fully leave.

"It is cold, yes."

Answering the san was a calculated risk, as it seemed that he bristled whenever even looking in her direction. But now, he was taken with the view.

A look to Jaas then, as he saw to priming his weapon.

"We are safe here, I promise."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 16th, 2019, 11:34:45 PM
“He gets tetchy without it,” Arya said, pushing past everyone and out of the cockpit. Twopio looked up, tottering around with his arms in the air as she came down the passage.

”Captain Arya! Will you be needing a translator during this expedition? I am quite fluent in the language of your people and -“ The blue droid shut up when she raised a hand.

“I’ll be fine. My Bast’y’r isn’t too bad, as long as I don’t have to speak it. Just keep an eye on the ship for me, okay?”

Arya was pulling cold weather gear out of a compartment, studying the jackets for a moment before turning to call down the passage to Loklorien - who turned out to be right behind her.

“Hey! Do you think we - shit! I didn’t hear you sneak up on me.” Arya closed her eyes for a moment. “It’s not like, Hoth cold out there, is it?”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 17th, 2019, 12:23:30 PM
Blinking, the Lupine bit her lower lip as she worked through Arya's words. She had thought she'd been noticed? Had Arya been so focused on going out that she'd completely forgotten the one behind her? It was a possibility that she could not find fault with. Ther was a certain level of excitement when one was presented with the chance to step foot on their home planet. On the planet of their House and all of those who came before. She herself had been much the same way, so very long ago.

"It's not as though we will be making a journey of it," she reassured, "... the distance to the receiving area is short."

She blinked.

"Inside it is warm."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 17th, 2019, 12:32:06 PM
“Oh, good.”

Arya left the coats where they were, staying with her ubiquitous nerf-leather jacket. She had replaced her weapons into their holsters once she’d come back aboard her ship, and saw no reason to remove them again.

”I’ll follow your lead, then.”

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Apr 18th, 2019, 08:24:56 PM
"Oh, my apologiess Captain. Hearr that Kai? The nice lady telling sscarry sstorriess about ghosstss and guarrdianss ssayss we sshould be ssafe going into a big old housse that lookss like a decompossing pumpkin becausse herr morrtal enemiess arre sslightly furrtherr away rright now. What'ss that? That'ss a good point, Kai. The nice lady doessn't know that the lasst time we went into a darrk, moldy place we got sshot at by a bunch of crreepy fuckerrss in masskss; and our only conssolation prrize wass a frosstbitten Lupine. Orr that everrywherre we go we get chassed and beaten and sshot at. I think I'll brring my Cizerrack Bowcassterr if it'ss all the ssame to you. A cossmic horrrrorr will prrobably come up thrrough the floorr, knowing ourr luck."

A muffled squeak sounded through the wall after Jaas pounded his hand against the bulkhead. Zipping up his jacket he then hit the landing ramp control switch and the ship split open to reveal the rocky landscape behind. Without another word Jaas noisily stomped down the ramp with his bowcaster slung over his shoulder. He was intent to get this show on the road and over with as quickly as possible. This whole thing stunk of trouble, and while his loyalty to his Captain was unquestionable, he did not feel the same way about her cousin or her annoying office in waiting.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 20th, 2019, 03:18:42 PM
The only answer she gave to Jaas' monologue was a single raised eyebrow. A fleeting look to Arya followed, but it was only momentary. With a shrug, the Lupine followed after the stomping Cizerack. There was no reason to offer any words in response, and for now she simply relegated herself to silence.

The air outside was dry and cold, though nothing that would instantly freeze a body. It was much more tolerable knowing that the duration spent in it was minimal at best.

An arched doorway loomed high, offering shelter from the elements, and s'Il started of in its direction.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Apr 20th, 2019, 03:22:43 PM
The blonde one... Dage... followed after the Losstarot, leaving only himself and Arya left on the ship.

"I am thinkink dat Jaassuuvi is wise," he muttered so that only she could hear.

"I am not ever beink in a home of de Losstarot."

He wanted to dash out and stand beneath the suns himself, but a last vestige of caution held him back.

"I am havink weapon, yes?"

Colonel Karrnage
Apr 20th, 2019, 03:25:18 PM
As the group debarked, a tawny-eyed creature watched from the well-shaded wood beyond the landing pad, well upwind. It's triangular ears perked, fixating on the sounds of machinery and conversation. Carefully, the creature melted back into shadow, withdrawing quietly and with care.

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 20th, 2019, 05:37:14 PM
Arya looked at Dietre, narrowing her eyes slightly as everyone else trooped off the freighter.

”Have you ever used a blaster before? Actually, it doesn’t matter. No, you can’t have one this time.

”Besides,” she smiled toothily, “We have built in defenses if it comes down to it.”

Arya brushed past him and down the ramp, waiting for Dietre to clear it before closing up the ship behind them. Out in the open the air bit at her lungs, and she pulled her jacket closer as she walked across the landing pad. The Wing of the Raven had kicked up and blown away all the snow on the duracrete or whatever it was the pad was made of.

She stepped off into the snow and followed the rest of the party toward the looming castle, looking around and scenting the air as she did so.

Dietre san Luthgarde
Apr 20th, 2019, 05:51:00 PM
A pinched expression was sent her way as he tromped after her, and Dietre couldn't help but grouse.

"De blade is best," he grumped, "... blasters are not de most best way to meet de enemies."

It didn't matter though - she wasn't going to give him something to hold in his hand, and so he settled for stuffing his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

"I am of de highest years here, not some... keh'seh'a ne'teha... milklink?" he continued regardless, knowing that it would still do no good. The complaining helped, though.

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Apr 22nd, 2019, 11:38:57 AM
While the others made a straight beeline for the front door to the dilapidated home, Jaas took the long about way in a wide curve to give him a better field of vision of the surrounding area. The last thing he wanted was to get ambushed by some horrible beast, or whatever those ghostly guardians are. With it's rugged and bleak environment this world reminded him a lot of Kessel; dead. But if Kessel had taught him anything it was that even a dead place can have horrible, dangerous life hiding within it. You can't exactly forget the sight of a grown man being devoured by a giant spider.

The thought of a giant spider caused his tail and ears to flatter against his body, lest he leave something out for one to nibble on.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 30th, 2019, 11:44:30 AM
The old estate was certainly a shadow of its' former glory, but there were hopeful signs of life dotting the once-crumbling facades. What had been nothing but a deteriorating structure was a once-grand home that was showing spots of a second chance at rising once more. True, most of the beautiful spires had come crashing down, but the few left still reached high, determined to touch the sky above. There was a definite look of repair about the place, from a smattering of a few scaffolds to finished masonry in areas that had once been in disrepair.

The windows held warmth and life within, with a few displaying light from inside. Heavy curtains obscured some, and others were dark. But there was an undeniable sense of hope and slow renewal. Not longer was the Losstarot manor in a state of complete disrepair. Now there was the chance to foster the budding life.

Walking beside Arya, s'Il couldn't help but clasp her hands together at the small of her back.

"It has been a long process, bringing it back. But no matter how slow, I still press on when I am able."

Slowing her pace, she cast her gaze upward to one of the many windows above. A single light had been left on.

"We started in the great library, and efforts spread from there."

They all passed through the great archway of the receiving area. On the walls were sconces, and as they passed by each one, the glowglobes installed eased to life with a gentle illumination that allowed the eyes a gentle transition.

Old tapestries, saved and preserved, had been re-hung between the sconces. Pedestals - some with age-old busts - dotted the long corridor, as well.

Ahead, another archway loomed. Beyond it was a foyer - also restored - and beyond that, the inner courtyard. Tended usa'ra trees, jai'ko vines with clusters of bright read ice-berries, planted shrubs with a myriad of snow-blooms showing... for the winter months, it seemed that Schwartzweld had a myriad of colorful cold-weather plants to compliment the warmer weather varietals.

The group stepped through the archway leading to the inner courtyard, and s'Il slowed to a stop to take in the view. It seemed as though it'd been far too long since she'd been back. And indeed, it had been last spring since her last visit.

"I do not care for the cold so much, but here... it is too beautiful to completely despise it."

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 30th, 2019, 12:20:20 PM
Up close the crumbling manor was more impressive. The size and scale of it, despite its state of disrepair, was something to behold. Arya looked around at the courtyard, following Loklorien even though she'd wanted to stay in the entry way and look at the busts a little more closely.

"So, who do you have working on the repairs?" Arya glanced at Lok. "I saw some scaffolding outside. Where are the workers?"

Dietre san Luthgarde
May 6th, 2019, 09:55:51 AM
Standing behind the two Lupine women, Dietre felt frozen in awe. His hand that had once been shoved into his pockets were now out and at his sides. Fingers trembling ever so slightly as his eyes went up and around, then to the left and right. Then he pivoted on his heel to look behind him. Then once more he was facing forward, staring wide-eyed at the wintry view of the inner courtyard.

It mattered not now, that they were in a home of the Losstarot. None of it mattered right now.

Chest rising and falling, the Luthgarde Lupine brought in deep lungfulls of air. Of home.

Without thinking one hand reached up to tug at the neckline of his shirt even as he stepped forward, pushing through the two women. Intent on the courtyard and the trees and the shrubs and the glorious dirt, the cold weather suddenly felt distant. He wanted to Change, to feel the ground of this moon under his paws.

Arya Ravenwing
May 6th, 2019, 01:22:16 PM
As Dietre pushed past her, Arya caught the look in his eye. She recognized it, and reacted quickly. She reached out with a hand, grabbing his upper arm as he started to pull off his shirt.

He made eye contact with her again, and she felt a strange connection to him through his golden eyes, her own flashing amber in response.

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
May 6th, 2019, 03:28:06 PM
"Oh Goddess. Not this again..."

Jaas muttered to himself as he brought up the rear of the group. Of course when he looked ahead to see how the group was getting along all he saw was those confident strides and clothing being pulled up. He'd seen the signs before. Arya had her moments, although she usually got stuck in her clothes. As much as she did her best to do it away from him he definitely had caught sight of her doing the very same as she moved into the bush or behind a wall. Hopefully this wasn't something that spread between the group, or him and the humie were going to have to babysit a bunch of wolves here shortly.

That was if they didn't stray into some kind of nasty trap or ambush first. All these busts probably hid all manner of hidden switches that opened a door behind one of these tapestries. Just like in those Iridium Jhones holovids.

Q. Samus Dage
May 7th, 2019, 11:00:33 AM
He moved quickly, upon seeing the look of concern flash over the old She-Wolf's face, and moving to step forward from his position at Jaas' side, Samus slid his rangy form between both Arya and s'Il. His hand joined Arya's on the man's arm, and he offered a conciliatory look.

"Ain't a good idea right now, Mate."

Dietre san Luthgarde
May 7th, 2019, 11:06:42 AM
There were two hands on his arm, and Dietre gave an annoyed snarl as his head turned to look at the offending culprits.

Arya. The blonde one.

"It is beink de best time," he argued, an almost petulant tone to his growled words.

Neither relented, and his own grip on the neckline of his shirt eased. His chest rose and fell, and he grew still.

"I want to have de run," there was an almost forlorn glint in his eyes, but it was overtaken by desire. Still though, he obeyed. For now.

His body relaxed, his arm fell away, and he let Arya and the blonde man pull him back. Another deep breath to pull in the air and scents that he had always wanted.

"His eyes went to Arya then. He had forgotten himself, and his next words held the restraint that was expected of him. Of a Rei'dulf.

"We are beink here for de medallion of de House Ravenwing "

Another long inhale, as though he was taking in as much of home as he could.

"Your medallion."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 7th, 2019, 11:16:34 AM
She kept her hands to herself, still locked at the small of her back. It would do no good to lay a finger on the Luthgarde, and in fact would only serve to make things worse. Instead, she tried to further assuage his frustrations with soothing words in a language that she figured was much more comfortable than Basic.

As soothing as a Losstarot's words could be, that is.

<"You will run, san. I promise you. Now is not the time, however.">

Arya Ravenwing
May 7th, 2019, 11:47:14 AM
Arya awkwardly patted his arm. He was so tense that the muscles under his shirt felt like coiled steel. After another moment he relaxed and she stepped away from him.

”Well, I’d love a tour,” was that too much sarcasm? “But he has a good point, I really would like to see the medallion if it’s nearby.”

Arya was trying to play it cool but her hands kept tightening into fists and then relaxing as she forced them open again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 8th, 2019, 11:41:20 AM
"Come, then."

She led the way, moving past all and setting herself on a path that took them to the great double doors that would lead them inside. Aged wood, repaired from so much neglect, now stood like sentinels to allow entry only to those who called this place home. Deep shades of brown could be seen, swirling with the pattern of the wood's grain. The etched designs on its surface told a story of many generations, but it was not the time to tell that story to those who passed through.

The doors creaked as the group approached, then slowly opened, yawning wide to allow them all passage inside.

And out of habit, s'Il reached out to let her fingers slide over the smoothed surface, feeling the engraved story that had been carved into it.

"I had sensors installed during the renovation," she explained.

"It would be an annoyance to have to open them each and every time, so converting it to automation made the most sense."

Of course, not every door was as such - indeed, only the great entrance. There were a myriad of smaller doors, which she had left alone.

Boots scuffed across a tiled floor, and as the glowpanels grew in brightness, the grand entrance came more into focus.

It was certainly not in the same state as when it had been in its heydey, but there was a feeling in the air that even now, it clung to those old times. The floor was a great mosaic of tiles, placed intricately into the pattern of the Brand of House Losstarot. And within that even, were a spiderweb of designs and colors. Each polished so that they gleamed once more.

The walls had been smoothed and reinforced, draped with old tapestries and other framed pieces, with tables and pedestals lining them. In among the few old and restored pieces of history were newer items, such as holo-cubes that displayed family pictures. Pictures of Teagan, Markos, s'Il herself, and others. Dage, Kori, Kes... there were a host of individuals shown that gave the large entry room a sense that it was more than a dusty old tomb. It had been brought back and transformed into a sitting area. No longer cold and formal, it had become warm and inviting, with a sofa and chairs, sidetables and a low caf table that had been brought from other portions of the estate and repaired.

Continuing on though, s'Il led the way through a wide doorway that opened into a great hall. The walls here too had been cleaned and patched, and the whitestone pillars that lined the sides extended upward to the vaulted ceiling. More pedestals, more tables, everything had been cleaned.

The smell of both old and new seemed to mingle in here.

And, much like before, no longer was this a cavernous expanse meant to house the seat of the Losstarot Sire and his mate. Rather, it had become a comfortable living area, with deep, rich rugs on the stone floor and chairs resting around the fireplace set into the far wall. A small round sidetable held another holo-emitter, cycling through a myriad of old holos.

s'Il holding Markos, Zem walking down a dusty path while holding a much younger Teagan's hand, Dage and Kori looking in rough condition, huddled low in a trench on some unknown planet, and even a holo of Teagan and Erasmus playing in front of the fire, each holding colorful My Little Dewback figures.

Arya Ravenwing
May 8th, 2019, 01:08:19 PM
Arya looked around the room, impressed at how nice it was. Her eyes caught the pictures and she grinned. “Is that Tak? How is she doing?”

She looked back at Lok, holding up the holocube that had a picture of the older Lupine holding a baby. “Is this one yours too? Shit, it has been a long time since we saw each other.”

Arya put the cube down, looking for a more recent picture of Tak who must be a young lady by now, and her eyes fell on one of the girl playing with little dewback figures. She did a double take at the holo and her stomach dropped.

Is that... it can’t be.

As the color seemed to drain from the room around her, Arya took a step back away from the little display of holos.

”Looks like you have a lot of friends,” she said, feeling like she was having an out of body experience. Arya looked at Loklorien and smiled.

Just give me the medallion. Questions later...a lot of questions.

MMU
May 8th, 2019, 11:47:16 PM
It had been a different ship than normal, but there was no mistaking the familiar heartrate and voice of the Losstarot... Loklorien. She had come with friends apparently, and for him, new people were always welcome. Being the constant companion to a bookish man had its upsides, but there were also the times of... inaction... that irked him. At least when Loklorien visited, and brought her youngling, fun times were always to be had. The little one - Teagan - she had enough energy to make up for Erasmus and Loklorien combined. Despite the fact that Loklorien was still young by Lupine standards. It was a fact that he had done his best to impress upon her multiple times.

But now she was here once more! And she had brought friends and strangers and he was most certain that this group would be intriguing to say the least!

On all fours, MMU trotted his way into the large room, and halfway on his trajectory to the group, he reared up so that his jogging gait became a brisk walk on two legs.

Ah yes! Guests!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 8th, 2019, 11:51:00 PM
It would be silly to think that their arrival had gone completely unnoticed, especially considering the fact that the old MMU had found his way back home and attached himself to Karrnage like some suckling child. The years had given the droid and his larger half a strange demeanor - far different than the behaviors she was used to with KHER.

"MMU," she turned to watch as he approached like an eager anooba.

Q. Samus Dage
May 8th, 2019, 11:54:16 PM
His expression brightened at the sight of the old Lupine droid, and Samus moved to get himself comfortable in the depths of one of the chairs, flopping his lanky frame into it with ease.

"Good to see the old Crazy still works," he chirped playfully.

Arya Ravenwing
May 8th, 2019, 11:59:23 PM
Arya flinched away from the intruder, nonplussed by the droid’s sudden arrival and strange appearance. Lok and Dage seemed to take the “MMU”s presence in stride, however, so she tried to relax.

She walked purposefully away from the display of personal holos, around the outside of the ring of chairs.

Dietre san Luthgarde
May 9th, 2019, 12:14:34 AM
Eyes going wide, Dietre watched the MMU as it trotted into the room, approaching them all with the strange sort of swagger that even the Loveloxx MMU's had. Except, there was something more to this one, and he had to wonder if the additional centuries had given the thing even more of an eccentric air as the ones of old. It was an older model, not the strictly bipedal ones that had come into fashion even before his time. He'd heard of them, and seen only one. Now, he was watching the second multi-pedal unit he'd ever seen make an entrance that was... excited?

He moved to stand beside Arya.

"De MMU... I have only been seeink one of dat sort before," he murmured with no small amount of fascination.

"You should be havink one, for your ship, yes?"

Arya Ravenwing
May 9th, 2019, 12:16:26 AM
Arya wrinkled up her nose with distaste. “The droid I have is enough of a pain in my ass, I don’t need another one. Especially...whatever that​ is.”

Dietre san Luthgarde
May 9th, 2019, 12:26:53 AM
"I am told to you, it is a MMU. And much better dan de blue... asa'khoti dat you ar havink now."

That blue droid that Arya seemed to keep around for some reason or another was a fountain of annoyance, though he had to admit that the thing had been helpful during their first few weeks together. Effective translation had helped him to have the tenuous grasp on Basic that he held fast to now.

"De MMU... it watches de ship and is de ship."

It was as though he had suddenly been taken with the notion of once more holding on to something from his past, and Dietre turned excited eyes to Arya.

"Us... we can find a MMU, at de old places, and make it ours... "

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 11th, 2019, 12:27:35 PM
She watched the mostly hushed conversation between Arya and the san. It was peculiar, parsing the old Luthgarde's Basic, but to hear the inflections and old accent so heavily was as music to her ears regardless. Her own accent, so carefully guarded, only ever came out when she felt comfortable enough. Or when she had had too much drink.

"Most are gone, sadly," she finally interjected.

Arya looked flustered enough, and the Losstarot aimed to dispense with the distractions.

"But a MMU - " she gave a pointed look to the old construct, "... is not why we are here. As your san has said, it is the medallion."

A step back, and she extricated herself from the rest of the group. One hand lifted then to Arya for the other woman to take it.

"You and I should go the rest of the way alone, I think."

Arya Ravenwing
May 11th, 2019, 01:12:31 PM
"Sounds good," said Arya, turning away from Dietre before she could yell at him for even suggesting she wire a droid into her precious ship. After a moment's hesitation she took Lok's hand, feeling a little awkward.

"Lead the way."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 11th, 2019, 02:02:16 PM
It was symbolism more than anything else; something to show the Luthgarde that both Bloodlines could exist together without resorting to bloodletting.

She offered a smile.

To join hands, it was a sign. They were no longer divided, and instead had become united in a common goal. No matter how big or small, they were Lupine above any and all.

"The library, then," she smiled gently.

Arya Ravenwing
May 11th, 2019, 10:12:06 PM
"Lead the way," Arya said lamely, wondering if her hand was too sweaty as Loklorien led her out of the room, which was apparently not the library.

She had no idea where anything was in the house/castle other than where she'd been already. Also, none of that had been the library either.

"He's not my san, by the way," she said. "Dietre is just a san."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 12th, 2019, 05:23:27 PM
Her correction was hoped for, and s'Il gave a smile as she drank in the budding familiarity that Arya spoke of, in terms of the old words. To hear her even say a simple word of the old tongue was... it was hopeful, and it made the Losstarot reach over with her free hand to place over Arya's as they walked, still holding tight together.

The Great Library of House Losstarot was an impressive sight, with walls lined to the ceiling with great shelves of books, walltables that held more books and small statuary. Chairs and oldstyle flamelamps... it was a relic of the past.

Stepping through the creaking doors, s'Il let go of Arya's hand so that she could tend to the massive wooden sentinels that guarded the most precious sanctuary of any and all of the House that called Schwartzweld home.

"This... " she closed the ponderous doors behind them.

"... this is the room that is more sacred than even the rooms of the Mastersires," she intoned warmly. There was a new sort of sound weaving into her voice, as though she now truly felt comfortable.

"It is where we all find our peace."

Arya Ravenwing
May 13th, 2019, 03:14:42 AM
It was a strange form of intimacy, walking hand in hand through the partially restored building. Arya stepped through the doors when they were opened, hooking her thumbs in her pants’ pockets as Loklorien spoke.

Arya craned her neck to look at the upper shelves, noting the inches she had on her companion. “Peace, huh? It’s certainly impressive, I’ll give you that.”

She smiled, but couldn’t stop fidgiting, looking around as subtly as she could for where her medallion might be. “You know, I barely remember what it looks like now...”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2019, 10:30:33 AM
A faint smile, and s'Il moved to stand before one of the large window that looked out over a portion of the outer courtyard and the slope of the mountains just beyond.

She stood for a short bit, taking in the sight, the turned on her heel to face Arya.

"I took it from Karrnage, you know."

A few steps forward brought her to a shelf, and a small, intricately carved box that rested beside a row of old tomes. The box was wooden, carved from the ancient wyrheart tree. Inlaid with gold, there was a fitting on the lid with a single, red fire-ruby set within. The delicate hinges and the latch were all gold, mined long ago from the old Cragsland Pits.

"And now it returns to you."

The box was reverently held out to Arya.

Arya Ravenwing
May 13th, 2019, 12:06:18 PM
Arya stepped forward and took the box from Loklorien, the light from the window backlighting the other Lupine’s blonde hair as she waited for Arya to open it.

The smuggler’s hands were trembling as she found the latch and lifted the lid. Nestled inside was a gold medallion, the design worn down by time but still visible. Arya rubbed a thumb over the raven crest, tears welling up in her eyes.

The old chain had been replaced and she lifted it carefully, blindly setting aside the box as the tears threatened to fall. Putting it on over her head, Arya clutched it in one hand against her chest and closed her eyes, the overflow of emotion finally sending twin tears tracing down her cheeks.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2019, 12:12:33 PM
There was something to be said of so much emotion, and s'Il understood the impact. To anyone with their blood, to hold the symbols and trappings of their family... it was powerful.

Reaching out, the Losstarot lifted her hand to wipe the tears away, and the other pulled Arya into a strong embrace.

Her voice was thick with emotion, as her voice whispered roughly.

"Te'tasi zua'hass. Welcome home."

Arya Ravenwing
May 13th, 2019, 12:22:05 PM
Her fingers tightened around the medallion, almost painfully as Loklorien put her arms around her and murmured something about home.

Arya couldn’t hear it over the roaring in her ears.

”I saw his picture in the other room,” she said quietly, the tremble in her voice from anger. “Playing... playing with Tak. He’s a monster, Lok.”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2019, 12:25:45 PM
She did not let go, despite the tone in Arya's voice.

"He is of my blood, now," she spoke lowly, and finally stepping back, gave a look to the other woman. It was a discerning eye that she cast upon her Lovelxx counterpart, now.

"Whatever he was before, that is not what he is now."

Arya Ravenwing
May 13th, 2019, 12:33:08 PM
It took a moment for Arya to comprehend what Lok was saying. Of my blood.

Horrified at the implication, she took a step backward. “You ... you gave him the gift?”

Arya tucked the medallion under her shirt where it nestled between her breasts, almost as if she’d never taken it off. Never had it stolen from her by the Empire and it’s monsters.

”You know how he got this from me, don’t you? What he did to me.” She was shaking, her blue eyes flashing over to gold.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2019, 12:39:38 PM
"If we doom all of those who do us wrong, then we are no better than the ones who came before us."

She could see the embers in Arya's eyes, threatening to flare up once more into a terrible conflagration.

"We have the chance to be better than our ancestors," she hissed.

"Some are beyond saving, yes, but there are others who are not. It is those that we must show our mercy to."

Arya Ravenwing
May 13th, 2019, 12:41:21 PM
“You didn’t answer my question,” she growled. “Did you know. What. He. Did. To. Me.”

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2019, 11:30:58 PM
Anger would not come; she would not allow it. Her eye remained level, soft, and almost pleading.

"I know everything," her voice was still low, as she matched Arya's ferocity with patience and hope.

"What has been done to you, and what has been done to me... we are tragic figures, never meant to go beyond the second act that is life. And yet, we have both lived and pressed on, both defied death and those that would seek to control us. What we have now is the chance to fix everything. Fix everything for our people. But it takes more than just us to do that, and more than simple vengeance. We have to show mercy, and show that we are not the monsters that history paints us as."

Heaving out a breath, the Losstarot stepped back then. She would not meet anger with anger.

The pause lingered in the air between them before she let her head fall. The shame in her tone was more than apparent.

"I have killed children. In cold blood," she finally whispered.

"I have destroyed families, taking from them their loved ones. I have committed crimes that should have sent me to the gallows. Or shooting squads. There is no death so horrid that I could endure that would atone for what I have done. And yet, I was given a chance. A chance to redeem myself.

"What sort of a person would I be if I did not give that chance to others."

Head still bowed, the Losstarot brought her hands together to clasp before her, her voice dropping even further.

"I begging you."

Arya Ravenwing
May 14th, 2019, 12:22:43 AM
Arya took every word Loklorien spoke inside of her, and her eyes faded back to blue as she found herself kneeling on the ground. She clutched her father’s medallion through her shirt and curled up, silently sobbing.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 14th, 2019, 12:29:45 AM
She watched, shocked, as Arya seemed to crumple into herself.

Mere moments later, s'Il herself had knelt, reaching out to take the other woman up into a strong, encompassing embrace. She held Arya as though she was a child, and both women sat, one cradling the other.

Her forehead rested upon the top of Arya's head, and she held her tightly.

"I am here," she whispered softly, unwilling to let go.

Arya Ravenwing
May 14th, 2019, 12:52:47 AM
Arya collapsed against Lok, suddenly unable to stop crying now that she’d started. She hadn’t shed a tear the entire time she’d been in the mines of Kessel. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d cried, and now she couldn’t stop.

After a few minutes the flood of emotion slowed, and Arya found herself in Lok’s arms, her forehead pressed against the other woman’s neck. She didn’t move for a minute, living in the strange familiarity as she breathed in Lok’s calming scent.

”Were we all monsters?” she whispered.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 14th, 2019, 11:03:09 AM
There was a thoughtful silence as s'Il mulled over Arya's words.

"Not all of us," she soothed, holding the other woman tightly.