PDA

View Full Version : Stardust

Serah Kleor
Jan 1st, 2019, 01:13:17 PM
The journey from Uyter to Ossus had been a long and lonely one; and Serah was only woken up by the noise and vibration of the transport entering the planet's atmosphere. The half-Miraluka teenager was stil surprised that her guardians had let her follow the unexpected call to become a Jedi, after she had encountered a mysterious and still unnamed Force user in the woods (https://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?56977-The-Call-of-the-Woods). She remembered most of his words, and how he had named her a Jedi, knowing she wished to be reunited with her twin sister Suri. Serah knew not whether such miracle would happen on Ossus, but she had pledged her life to follow the ways of the Light side, and she had found out that Jedi were gathered on Ossus, rebuilding an Order there. Her adoptive family had been wary of letting her go, but they had chosen to respect the oath she had taken, admitting that their precious daughter was becoming a woman. They had surprised her by providing her with a bag of supplies and some credits to pay for off-world transportation. They had revealed they had always gathered such resources for the day that would come where she embarked on her journey.

A lump formed in her throat as she recalled the farewell - no, the goodbye - moment with the Kleors. She would see them again. She had faith. Just as she would reunite with her twin sister, she would see her guardians again. She might not know much of what the future had in store for her, but she had faith. She had always had faith and now would be no different.

When the transport landed, she gathered her belongings and headed towards the ramp, climbing it down. Her blind eyes turned towards the skies after she had set food on the landing pad. She was grateful for the Force to guide her footsteps, so she wouldn't be impaired by her useless eyes. She had been able to get good rest on the travels to Ossus, so she was awake and ready to figure things out.

The teenage girl (https://channel-korea.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Claudia-Kimm.png) took a deep breath and processed to move away from the landing pad, wondering how things went, for little word made its way about any sort of proper process once one reached Ossus.

Adia Issoris
Jan 22nd, 2019, 10:08:24 PM
The number of transports to Ossus had thinned out over time, drastically so since the Cizerack presence had evaporated. It started with daily landings, that gave way to every other day, and eventually settled to weekly events. The trade of supplies and the coming and going of Jedi and civilians on a weekly basis made the regular landing something of an event on Ossus. Most regular activity came to a halt. It was a chance for an exchange of more personal nature that wasn't possible with brief Holonet exchanges and messages.

There was something new with every landing. Adia typically participated by aiding in the unloading of cargo to give the crew some respite. Today there were no other Jedi Knights present at the duracrete landing pad, so she kept her awareness focused for the new or unusual thing. First

Adia felt the slight unease, no uncertainty first. She watched the new arrival point her eyes toward suns Adega Prime and it's binary Adega Besh. The young woman was blind, or close to it.

"Hello, I'm Knight Adia Issoris. Welcome to Ossus."

Serah Kleor
Jan 25th, 2019, 11:37:05 PM
Serah felt a lot at once through her Force-imbued sight. The place was not buzzing with overwhelming activity but it was still way more than what she had been used to in her quiet farming life. She was uneasy, but not afraid. She trusted in the unnamed Jedi she had met and who had guided her to travel to Ossus to receive proper education and find peers, and eventually her long-lost sister. She had faith in what had happened. It was just physically unsettling to be in a brand new environment all by herself, and sensing so much at once. It comforted her in getting actual training than how her potential had unfolded since she was a child.

She felt a strong presence nearby. It was less diffuse than the Jedi she had encountered on her home world, and it actually helped her move her body and shift herself in the general direction of the newcomer, a woman, based on voice and name. She bowed and smiled.

"Greetings Knight Issoris. My name is Serah Kleor."

Having noted that the Jedi introduced herself openly as such, she felt it safe to explain what brought her to Ossus. "I met one of your kind a few weeks ago, and he prompted me to come here."

She had no idea whether the Jedi had any sort of protocol, so she left it at that for now.

Adia Issoris
Jan 26th, 2019, 07:49:37 PM
"Please, follow me. We're not as formal as the old Order, from what I'm told, but we do some paperwork still." Adia requested. The Knight's accent was Core worlds, but where exactly was impossible to place. Adia started towards the Council building at an gentle pace. The girl fell into step easily.

While Jedi came and went fairly regularly, there simply weren't that many. If she got the where, figuring out the who could come easily. It was a little odd that any of the Knights or senior Padawans wouldn't send a message ahead, but there were several possibilities.

"You can call me Adia, if you want, Serah Kleor. Where do you come from?"

Serah Kleor
Jan 26th, 2019, 10:31:45 PM
Serah nodded to the Knight's observations. "I know little about the old Order, save for a few tales." As for paperwork, she had stayed out of it due to her unusual story, but had always helped with the farming and commerce her adoptive parents did. It had been a way to keep her at the family's lands and spend time blending in with nature and a few visitors. The Kleors hadn't wanted to bring too much attention to their blind daughter. No one had come after her, and she knew in her heart nobody had harmed her twin sister. She would have known. Of that, she was certain.

She was trying to get used to the sounds and memorize the paths the Jedi was following, so she would start getting a feel of the area, before being hopefully allowed to wander as she saw fit to get to know the place.

"Alright, Knight Adia," Serah noted with a faint smile. "I was raised on Uyter, which is mostly known for farming. That's how I grew up."

Adia Issoris
Jan 27th, 2019, 09:22:21 PM
Adia nodded.

"There is always something to do on a farm." Adia added, aware that Serah may not have picked up on the first gesture. The girl was using the Force to guide her, but also used her ears.

There were thousands of known, habitable systems in the galaxy. Uyter was more notable than most due to it's proximity to trade routes and former presence of an Imperial Academy. She thought back through her roughly 30 years of formal service. She was certain she had never been there. The Knight thought briefly on any known Jedi who might be on Uyter, or near, and drew a blank. Serah herself was absolutely genuine. Someone had told her to come to the Enclave. Someone who was convincing and said they were a Jedi Knight.

They walked through the open doors of the Council building, which was diminutive compared to the massive structure on Coruscant. Adia felt it was more honest. It was not of part of a massive apparatus. She found it's simplicity to be part of it's appeal.

"There are some Jedi who were trained by the original Order, but most of us came without the same formalities and traditions. Would you like water? Do you need to use the fresher?" She asked. Transports could get stifling after a long journey.

Serah Kleor
Jan 29th, 2019, 03:54:58 PM
Serah chuckled and smiled warmly at the Knight's remark about farming. "There sure is." While the teenager was the quiet kind, she also had good spirits and could make conversation a little more easily than she first appeared to. She appreciated being on her own and the calm, and disliked overwhelming situations, but so far, things were going alright. She was grateful for that.

Relying on her senses and the Force, she followed the Jedi around. Much was lost on her in terms of architecture and building sizes, and she accidentally bumped into a couple of individuals, which had her apologize wholeheartedly every time. Yet she felt so much peace, and still quite a lot of life, fierce life beneath the quiet surface she mused to herself.

"Thank you for your kindness, Knight Adia. Water would be great, thank you."

She wasn't sure where to start about her curious story so she let Adia Issoris lead the conversation for now, as she still had no idea what would be required of her to be welcomed here on a day-to-day basis.

Adia Issoris
Feb 6th, 2019, 08:25:37 PM
"I'll be back in a moment." Adia disappeared and then returned with a glass of water 30 seconds later. Serah graciously took the glass and sipped at it.

"I imagine you have questions. We do too. Why do you want to become a Jedi?" The Knight asked.

Serah Kleor
Feb 6th, 2019, 09:05:01 PM
Serah was grateful for the water and relaxed a little bit. It was a weird sensation to be in a place with that many people around. Having lived on the farm on Uyter for so long, she was used to quiet and few people around. Even when her adopted parents had gone to trade, most of the time it had been without her, despite a few exceptions. She knew she was where she was supposed to be, but it was still a big transition, and they had to let her stay too.

"I'm happy to answer yours first, Knight Adia."

At the first question that came her way, she paused for a moment. The other Jedi had kind of asked her the same back in the forest. She had still be mulling over it since then.

"I've been Force sensitive since I was a child, being half-Miraluka. That's how I have managed to get around being blind, with more or less success without formal education. The Jedi I met in the forest talked to me about serving the greater good and using this potential not to harm others. Being close to nature, it makes sense to me too. I believe in harmony, despite the bad things that can happen."

After all, tragedy was no stranger to Serah.

Adia Issoris
Mar 11th, 2019, 08:25:20 PM
(Sorry for not posting for a month! I suck!)

Harmony was an interesting concept, but not one that Adia embraced herself. She had seen too little harmony.

"That's a positive perspective. You'll find some other like-minded indivduals here." Adia produced an older model datapad and paused. This Versafunction88 wasn't friendly toward the blind since it assumed there was a service droid to help with the input in the event of blindness. That was the tradeoff for the modularity.

"We don't have a sight assistance droid, so I can help you fill this in. It's fairly basic. If you have any questions about it, please ask."

Serah Kleor
Mar 12th, 2019, 09:40:17 AM
(No worries!! Life happens)

Serah found herself curious both about the like-minded individuals and the Knight she was speaking to. The way she talked about other people sharing Serah's perspective made the teenager believe the Jedi had different beliefs. Yet she didn't pry, for she felt it would have been improper under the current circumstances.

When she was handed a datapad, quite old based on the design she felt in her hands, she pursed her lips, but wasn't deterred yet. "Basic identification, right?" She said hal to the Jedi, and half to herself. She had handled similar devices a few times in her life, and her hands moved around the device until she found the volume button. It was standard sounds, but it helped her get an idea of moving through boxes.

"You'll have to tell me if something is missing or if I answered in the wrong boxes."

Filling in what she could, for the Force was of no use to handle datapads, she handed it back to the Jedi. "Serah Kleor, from Uyter, 16 year old, and farmgirl of sorts," she said with a slight chuckle. "I am willing to share about my blood family but I'd rather not have it recorded," she added with a sigh. She didn't want to hide things but there was only so much she was willing to input into a device that could be hacked. As much as the Jedi had been able to survive, she had heard about the purge that preceded it.