View Full Version : Light in the Darkness [Teagan]

Kaie
Dec 24th, 2018, 08:11:58 AM
The modest room afforded the Jedi Master and her student was more than comfortable as Kaie sat, crosslegged on the floor of the adjoining living room. Sunlight warmed her skin from the large window to her right and helped the Force-aided meditation that she enjoyed. Teagan still asleep, the quiet morning would be a great beginning in the hours and days to come. Axxila was a busy, crossroads world that the Jedi had felt compelled to come to. Darkness in her dreams of late required the visit and Kaie only hoped to protect her student while they were here, but also help Teagan learn about the galaxy. Nothing worth having is easy, her mother used to say.

Allowing her mind to quieten, the glow within her closed lids initially was supplied by the sunlight, but then transformed into images and flashes, guiding the white witch to the reason they were here. A race was being corralled and harassed, here on this world. Fear, anger and desperation filled Kaie's mind and being, survival instincts would only make this worse, she knew. But, the Force guided Kaie to the face of a Lasat, his determination palpable, as was the need to keep his people alive in the face of their oppressor. Assisting with feeding and sheltering his fellow race, his green eyes moved to the face of their trepidation.

His demeanor was of one used to being in control, a human male, veteran of many battles and though his hatred could be felt in the air around him, Kaie also felt the sense of deep loss. Sorrow buried deep. He was lashing out, but why?

Soon after, the sounds of stirring in the bedroom behind her prompted a sigh as Kaie eased her mind from the vision. Things that would have to be tended to and very soon. Her lids opened as eyes focused on the counter in the kitchenette before her, carpeted floor supplying the comfortable place for the insightful view into the people in the center of her focus now. They would have to ensure that food and other supplies would be ready when the time came, though Kaie knew those would be secondary to stopping the intended genocide of these Lasat.
Pushing herself to stand, Kaie moved to the autochef and chose a quick and light breakfast, hearing Teagan now getting dressed and ready for the day. Turning, Kaie moved to the small table near the large window and sat down, then began eating the fruit she had chosen, glancing up to see her student now emerge from the bedroom.

"Good morning," she greeted with a grin. "Hope you slept well, today may be a long one."

Teagan s'Ilancy
Dec 28th, 2018, 01:43:10 PM
She bounded through the doorway like some staved animal, her scuffed trousers and faded Cloud City Outfitters shirt at least pulled on. Bare feet were light upon the thinly-carpeted floor, and Teagan rolled her shoulders in a marginal stretch as she let her pace slow to a meandering lilt. She gave a feather-light grin, then a bit of a slide as she passed onto the slicker surface of the tiled kitchenette.

"Every day is longer than the one before," she couldn't help but tease, and moving to the cooler unit, pulled it open to reach inside for the small container of custard that she'd placed inside the night before.

"Well, it feels like that, at least."

A drawer was opened and a spoon pulled out before she settled herself on a stool. A moment later and she had the plastic cover over the custard cup pulled away.

"Big plans for today, then?"

Kaie
Dec 28th, 2018, 03:04:05 PM
Nodding as she ate, Kaie took in the young girl as she plopped onto the nearby stool and joined her. "I had a vision that may lead us to a race of people being hunted by a local and his gang," she informed and eyed her dish of fruit as she plucked another piece. "You know what a Lasat is?"

Sunlight brightened the modestly appointed room as they ate and conversed, though the shadows still lingering in her mind let the white witch know that this moment that she had witnessed was in the near future. Finding them was going to be the tricky part, but she knew the Force would guide them to these individuals.

Teagan s'Ilancy
Feb 12th, 2019, 01:13:51 AM
With a mouthful of custard, the young Lupine merely shook her head to the negative. Even the name sounded weird.

Swallowing, she tapped the end of her spoon on the edge of the small cup.

"Are they like Cizerack? Or Cathar?"

She'd been learning a lot about the different races of the galaxy in her classes, but it seemed that all of her interactions were with felinoids. It wasn't a bad thing she supposed; she did have a few friends like Hwooroc and poor Drax, but most of those she talked with were of a limited subset.

Kaie
Feb 17th, 2019, 08:44:38 AM
Kaie mused on the two races suggested, and knew that to narrow down any one species wasn't totally fair, though to the simpler mind such things did help. "Hmm," she shrugged, then swallowed the piece of beya fruit, setting her fork down. "More of a mix between a Wookiee and....," her mind drifted through a multitude of races that she had been around or had read about. "Maybe a Cathar, yeah," she nodded. "Tall, strongly built, but bluish fur and skin."

Attending her bowl again, she picked another small piece of fruit. "I know you've been gifted with a unique ability beyond the Force, that's natural to you," Kaie began and returned her gaze to her student. "But I'm hoping for a better way to resolve this beyond getting the local authorities involved or sparking something worse. Sometimes when tensions are high like between two individuals or groups, it's best to talk to both sides and find some peaceful resolution first. I'm sure you're mother mentioned that at some point," she grinned, having recalled the sparring session that she had witnessed by s'Il and Zem not too long ago.

Teagan s'Ilancy
Feb 22nd, 2019, 12:16:53 PM
At that, Teagan made a strange face that was an expression stuck in a sort of limbo between amusement and exasperation. She thought for a moment, then leaned back just a little bit, her spoon slowly dunking back into the custard for another measure.

"Well, my mom isn't exactly the best person for 'talking things out'."

A game smile then, that seemed a little over-dramatic, yet perfectly applied.

"She's like that rancor that stomps into an Ithorian crystal shop and then starts flailing about. At least, that's what my dad always used to say she was."

She took another bite, then swallowed soon after before finishing.

"And Zem says it too, so I guess there's a bit of truth to it."

Leaning on the counter then, the girl let her eyes leave Master Kaie and shift to the far wall in remembrance.

"Growing up, it was always 'A'hga'na, Tak. A'hga'na, Tak'... "

She trailed off, then snapped her attention back to Kaie, an almost worried smile given.

"Means 'no'. I was a pretty grabby kid when I was little, apparently, and wanted everything I could get my hands on whenever we visited the markets on Cathar."

Kaie
Feb 23rd, 2019, 11:53:24 AM
The visual prompted a laugh as the healer could almost imagine that, trying her best not to sound disrespectful though after a moment as the side of her right hand rose to her mouth, still holding the fork. The words then stated meant nothing to the Jedi and soon the translation was offered, the clarification now plain. Nodding, Kaie grabbed another piece of fruit and raised it toward her mouth.

"Sounds like you and my younger sisters would get along great," she smiled. "We always had to keep an eye on them, especially when we went into the village to go shopping. Mom would be gathering supplies while my older sister and I tried to do get some groceries and keep an eye on the twins at the same time." The fond memory now offering flashes of so many more moments when they were all a family and she grew quiet for a long moment, eating. Once the next piece was swallowed, she lowered the fork once more to the table.

"I know we haven't had much chance to get to a lot of your training beyond the morning near the river, but what we're going to do here is just as important as using the Force to defend the innocent or heal someone. Jedi have always had to wear so many different hats, not just martial monks, but diplomats, healers, and guardians."

She now wondered where Teagan's mother had gone astray at one point, so long ago.

Teagan s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2019, 12:28:00 PM
The notion of a 'martial monk', whatever that meant, didn't sit exactly well with her. Her best guess was that it had to do with fighting and lightsabers, and the thought of that made her visibly uncomfortable. A shift in her seat, and the girl let out a long breath, her spoon hovering over the custard cup.

"Well, the diplomat stuff sounds nice, and the healer stuff too. I don't know about the others... "

She made a face, then finally gave a small shrug as she took another bite.

"I don't really like fighting though. I... I haven't even made my lightsaber or anything yet. I just, well, I just don't like the thought of having one."