PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! Corellian Merc looking for work

Rayfe_Avery
Aug 15th, 2018, 09:15:50 PM
Good Evening,

I came across your lovely forum due to your wiki and the cool ships in it. I haven't been in a forum RPG since 2012 but I'm sure I can remember.
My primary character will be Rayfe Avery, a mercenary who decided the Imperial Army wasn't for him and went into business for himself over two decades ago.

I hope to make some friends and write some great adventures together.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 15th, 2018, 11:14:45 PM
Hello and welcome! We're always happy to see new faces :)

I definitely recommend checking out our Quick RP Guide (https://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?55894-TheHolo-Net-RP-Quick-Guide), as it's got some good info on our setting and the factions/groups we have here.

We also have a subforum for character plotters (https://sw-fans.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?669-Character-Plotters), and it's recommended that you create a plotter for your character so that folks can get a feel for the sort of person you're wanting to write, as well as maybe offer to write with you and craft stories.

Hope you have fun, and can't wait to see your writing in the near future :)

Matatek Sel Vissica
Aug 15th, 2018, 11:33:07 PM
Welcome to our group :) I look forward to writing with you.

Emelie Shadowstar
Aug 16th, 2018, 04:42:24 PM
:wave Allo there. Welcome!

Rayfe_Avery
Aug 16th, 2018, 05:39:05 PM
Thank you all for replying. I've started my plotter but I'm not sure if it's up to par. I'm also curious about my character picture, because I have art I use for my character and I'm not sure what actor would match what I have.

Emelie Shadowstar
Aug 16th, 2018, 05:49:27 PM
Avatars are very personal, I think. If you have current artwork of your character that you'd like to use - feel free! I know most of us use actors/actresses that we feel best portray our characters but we have several characters/members that also use drawings :)

Rayfe_Avery
Aug 16th, 2018, 06:52:20 PM
I've added my character picture into my plotter and now I'm scaling it so I can use it for my avatar. I'm excited to start but I know I need to be patient.

Zereth Lancer
Aug 16th, 2018, 11:26:39 PM
Welcome to Holonet!

If you're having any issues with your avatar feel free to reach out. We have many talented image creators in house.

Do you have any particular plans or ideas for your character? I have quite a few Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, Smuggler, Hired Gun types that I can throw your way if you have anything in mind.

Rayfe_Avery
Aug 17th, 2018, 07:06:54 PM
I'm pretty happy with my avatar right now, but I'll keep that in mind.

My ideas for my character are to see the situations and trouble he can get into while navigating through life in the galaxy. He's not a revolutionary, so he's not looking to help pushing the balance of power in either groups favor. He's not a fan of bounty hunters. too many of them get hired to do mercenary work and they aren't soldiers.

I know for sure that he needs to find a job soon so he can get off of Lorta.

Zereth Lancer
Aug 20th, 2018, 05:31:04 AM
I’ve noticed that you’ve titled him a Mercenary Commander. Is he part of a bigger unit or does he operate on his own?

Rayfe_Avery
Aug 20th, 2018, 08:35:40 AM
He operates on his own. Normally hired to be the leader of a preexisting group or, if part of a larger army, a high ranking NCO given his own squad or platoon.
Being given a platoon would only happen if he was one of the employers most experienced prospects, and with his two decades of experience fighting battles, skirmishes, conflicts, disputes, and wars, it's not unheard of.

Rathalesh Sheegoth
Aug 20th, 2018, 01:21:40 PM
I will have a job offer for you very soon, my precious. Yess....

THREAD: https://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?57691-Where-the-Wild-Space-Grows&p=1062541#post1062541

Satkia Beltrak
Aug 23rd, 2018, 05:15:06 PM
Welcome!